Indignation

The Official Tennis Thread

anduril38    358

Like 2012 Wimbledon aye, it's still possible. I'm amazed he's still playing as well as he has been the past year tbh. 

I'm really rooting for Wawrinka to win a couple more Slams though. 

• Upvote 1

Loz    3642

Cautiously optimistic about Murray winning it

anduril38    358

It's his best surface and best chance so yeah. Will see on his draw. 

• Upvote 1

Loz    3642

Brown vs Nadal is a joy to watch so far, so much flair

anduril38    358

I love watching Brown play. Nadal has his hands full here. 

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10229

He must be tanking at this point.  This is ridiculous.  He wants to skip Wimbledon like Andre Agassi did but can't because of sponsors, so he does this

anduril38    358

Or the fact he just legit got outplayed? 

He didn't even play badly stats wise. 46 winners 15 unforced errors. Just Brown played better, stuck to his aggressive strategy and it paid off. 

But yeah, it's troubling. I see him coming back though. Federer had an awful 2013 and he bounced back. 

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10229

yea he's Rafael Nadal, lets be honest he didn't get outplayed 4 years in a row by mouthbreathers in super dramatic upsets, once maybe twice, not FOUR times.  He just doesn't give a shit.  Even if Rafa is not 2008 Super Rafa, he's still way the fuck better than that guy and it's ridiculous to suggest he couldn't come out ahead if he gave 100%, he just turns up to these tournaments for publicity reasons, to help the tour, then leaves because he doesn't care and he needs to conserve his body.  

ozy    724

yea he's Rafael Nadal, lets be honest he didn't get outplayed 4 years in a row by mouthbreathers in super dramatic upsets, once maybe twice, not FOUR times.  He just doesn't give a shit.  Even if Rafa is not 2008 Super Rafa, he's still way the fuck better than that guy and it's ridiculous to suggest he couldn't come out ahead if he gave 100%, he just turns up to these tournaments for publicity reasons, to help the tour, then leaves because he doesn't care and he needs to conserve his body.  

3 mouthbreathers. Despite being 144 at the time, Kyrgios was on a meteoric rise and is currently like 26th or w/e (and he just beat Raonic today). Still should've lost to a player of Nadal's caliber but that loss isn't in the same world as the other three Wimbledon losses.

Facebook    70

I only watched the first set in its entirety but Brown definitely earned this win. It has nothing to do with whether or not Rafa cares (which he clearly does).

anduril38    358

3 mouthbreathers. Despite being 144 at the time, Kyrgios was on a meteoric rise and is currently like 26th or w/e (and he just beat Raonic today). Still should've lost to a player of Nadal's caliber but that loss isn't in the same world as the other three Wimbledon losses.

To be honest, Rosol has had a steady rise through the ranks and now is a top 40 player, even though he hasn't really done that much unlike Kyrgios. 

Darcis was the most shocking, but even he's risen in ranking since beating Nadal. 

+Malcolm    4612

nadal is finished and has been for a long fucking time

there is no amount of cheating he can do anymore to maintain the ability to win another slam

+Malcolm    4612

it amazes me that a player like troicki is even ranked, let alone the 22 seed.

anduril38    358

it amazes me that a player like troicki is even ranked, let alone the 22 seed.

What makes you say that? (inb4 anybody below big 3 is not good enough, we know how much you hate everybody Malcom) ;) 

To me, he was a top 20 quality player before his ban, something which was dubious in the first place. 

Of course, he'll likely never be of top 10 quality (Top 10 criteria for me needs to be players who if don't have any Slams, all should at least regularly QF/SF, with at least 1 final), but he's good enough to be top 20-30 for sure. 

Unless you mean play style of Troicki, in which case I could see more of a point. 

+Malcolm    4612

his playstyle is horrendous for one

he has zero mental fortitude

anduril38    358

That doesn't really explain anything :P He does seem a bit too defensive for my tastes. He doesn't have a signature weapon like other players. More a jack of all trades, none of them particularly amazing. 

Mental strength is a bit harsh; I can name at least a dozen guys in the top 100 with a worse mental fortitude then him. 

Loz    3642

Kyrgios was getting booed vs Gasquet because he stopped trying

What a character