Indignation

The Official Tennis Thread

its convienent isnt it lol. yea jerzy came unglued as soon as he started complaining and never regained his composure, 70 unforced errors ??! wanting the roof closedbut irt made no difference and had a double fault that sealed it for murray. us poles have to wait i guess for final.

anduril38    358

Player who impressed me most was Del Potro, injured and still takes the best player in the world to 5 sets. 

Final on sunday, can't see anything but Djokovic winning though. 

• Upvote 1

Jordan123    1536

Del Potro was inspiring today. After coming back on the 4th set I wanted him to win so badly.

anduril38    358

Got to go with Djokovic today.....but his performance vs Del Potro was not too encouraging, and he didn't capitalize on chances much. Murray statistics wise played much better. 

• Upvote 1

N e J i    900

Holy shit, I'm really excited for this. Hopefully it'll be a great match. Go...

[spoiler]... I don't know. I'll root for whoever is losing in the moment.[/spoiler]

biki    567

Id like murray to win for the fact hes brittish, even if I do have a bet against him haha. It just sucks that there have been so many unforced errors through the first set already!

N e J i    900

I miss the old Nole. The one who ripped his shirt, the one who screamed his lunges out after a great shot, the one who dribbled the ball 15 before serving for a decisive point. This Nole seems to be out of gas. Needs the eye of the tiger.

Elements    569

its a good match.

Elements    569

this murray lol

»Liquid Snake    4567

Where are all those old Murray will never win a slam posts?

I'm aware they were first invalided last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

N e J i    900

Where are all those old Murray will never win a slam posts?

I'm aware they were first invalided last year.

You shouldn't use this great feat for Scotland Great Britain to bait Murray haters. It's kinda low.

I must say that for quite some time I thought he'd never win. He has improved a lot over the last year and has benefited from both Federer and Nadal's downfall, which was to be expected in the first place, but ever since he stagnated in the 4th place, his attitude became so bad, I remember thinking he would never be able to overcome his mental issues. He clearly did and today's victory was indisputable, even if Djokovic wasn't playing his best.

Lamp    1424

After 77 years of drought, Sir Murray reclaimed the Wimbledon Grass for his countrymen.

• Upvote 1

anduril38    358

Del Potro played his part, that insane semi final must have sapped Djokovic, but it was amazingly played by Murray. 

anduril38    358

With luck it will be a change of fortunes for him, which is weird to say for a man who has won 17 slams. The US Open should be good. 

• Upvote 1

anduril38    358

Updates from US open: 

Federer knocked out in round 4 by Robredo. Really disappointing, he played poorly. No idea how the fuck Raonic lost his match, but 80 unforced errors....god. He had a huge chance and blew it. 

+Urthor    10186

HEWITT!!

anduril38    358

Hewitt I reckon can take Youzhny. Probably 4-5 sets, but he can do it. He was great vs Del Potro. 

Highly doubt he can dent Djokovic however. 

+Urthor    10186

I haven't watched

Are you sure it's an actual choke and he could have won?

anduril38    358

Well, he was up 4-2 in the 4th set, being up 2 sets to 1, lost that set 6-4...and was up 5-2 in the decider, served for the match at 5-4.