AmateurSushi    12
I am under no delusion that this is somehow a perfect build. There's work to be done in all aspects.

Updated deck below. Thanks for the suggestions thus far!

Monsters (21)
3 Effect Veiler
3 Geargiaccelerator
3 Geargiarmor
3 Geargiarsenal
3 Genex Ally Birdman
3 Karakuri Watchdog MDL 313 "Saizan"
2 Geargiano Mk-II
1 Karakuri Ninja MDL 919 "Kuick"

Spell (10)
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
3 Forbidden Lance
3 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps (9)
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Starlight Road
2 Solemn Warning
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute

Extra (Skeleton):
2 Gear Gigant X
2 Karakuri Steel Shogun 00X "Bureido"
3 Karakuri Shogun MDL 00 "Burei"

For those unfamiliar with the deck, the otk requires 3 cards. One Geargiarmor facedown, one birdman, and one geargiaccelerator/geargiano in hand. With accelerator:
1. Flip Armor. Get Accelerator.
2. Special Accelerator.
3. Bring back Accelerator to special birdman. Respecial Accelerator.
4. Sync for Burei
5. Get Watchdog
6. Special the other accelerator.
7. Sync for Bureido
8. special another watchdog
9. Sync for Bureido
10. Get Kuick.
Field: Bureido, Bureido, Burei, Kuik. 9900 dmg on the field. Does not OTK through gorz.

It's probably the deck I'm going to play next format, so criticisms are more than welcome.

┬╗Sharpman    4801
you need to play strategist, so you can special it with burei, and change your first geargiarmor back face up after you flip it via its own effect

that way the OTK only requires Armor+ Birdman
  • Upvote 1

AmateurSushi    12
[quote name='Sharpman' timestamp='1343738753' post='3243987']
you need to play strategist, so you can special it with burei, and change your first geargiarmor back face up after you flip it via its own effect

that way the OTK only requires Armor+ Birdman
[/quote]
Oh. I guess I could also just use burei's effect to switch it back to face up. Never thought of doing either, thanks.

Gear    712
Haha, my Gears are spreading!

You definitely need Pot of Avarice here. Strategist is definitely a must in KarakGears.

I would also consider adding Pot of Duality so you can consistently get the explosion more. Searching your deck for pieces is really good and early Armor is win.

3 Lance 3 MST and 1 Heavy storm seems alittle steep to me. Any reason why?

If you want my current build I just posted I can link it.

AmateurSushi    12
Gear, thank you for your help! I would love a link. The problem I have is that the only deck I've seen has been a deck on youtube by busfare that I modified heavily. The 3 lance, 3 MST is probably because I'm used to play karakuri (pure) that are more used to relying on combos.

edit: I totally forgot about PoA, I've been meaning to add that forever.

Gear    712
[quote name='AmateurSushi' timestamp='1343740957' post='3243996']
Gear, thank you for your help! I would love a link. The problem I have is that the only deck I've seen has been a deck on youtube by busfare that I modified heavily. The 3 lance, 3 MST is probably because I'm used to play karakuri (pure) that are more used to relying on combos.

edit: I totally forgot about PoA, I've been meaning to add that forever.
[/quote]
[url="http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=145678"]http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=145678[/url]

I see. I play Trap Stun over Lance but my build is going to be more explosive than yours. I hope it helps.

AmateurSushi    12
Ah, yes. I just like the backrow protection in the deck for the "set accelerator" hands. The tradeoff seems to be backrow for much better otk potential. I never have felt like I have a shortage of firepower, but perhaps I do. Why the nishipachi?

PoD and Avarice are both definitely going to be tested. Avarice is so good.

Gear    712
[quote name='AmateurSushi' timestamp='1343741499' post='3244000']
Ah, yes. I just like the backrow protection in the deck for the "set accelerator" hands. The tradeoff seems to be backrow for much better otk potential. I never have felt like I have a shortage of firepower, but perhaps I do. Why the nishipachi?

[/quote]
Nishipachi = Strategist

I think you got Ninishi confused with Nishipachi lol

The extra firepower just makes sure I get through. I can OTK through Gorz, Maxx Cs, and Veilers better as well since I can end my combos with SDD or Landiose.

AmateurSushi    12
[quote name='Gear' timestamp='1343741596' post='3244003']
[quote name='AmateurSushi' timestamp='1343741499' post='3244000']

[/quote]
Nishipachi = Strategist

I think you got Ninishi confused with Nishipachi lol
[/quote]
Which is embarrassing considering I've played Karakuris on and off for two formats.

do you like the Karakuri version best of all gear versions?

Gear    712
I definitely like the Karakuri version the best. It definitely the strongest imo. All the other versions are slower and dont have the explosive factor like the Karakuri versions do.

AmateurSushi    12
[quote name='Gear' timestamp='1343741809' post='3244005']
I definitely like the Karakuri version the best. It definitely the strongest imo. All the other versions are slower and dont have the explosive factor like the Karakuri versions do.
[/quote]
I tend to agree. I've played the machina version and it's so underwhelming.

Gear    712
Machina version is very Normal Summon reliant and I think it makes it gimmicky at times.

Karakuri and Geargia just compliment each other so well. Putting the 2 pieces together is just natural. Being able to swarm off by turn 2 is way too good.

nathanial swank    7456
[quote name='Gear' timestamp='1343742447' post='3244009']
Machina version is very Normal Summon reliant and I think it makes it gimmicky at times.

Karakuri and Geargia just compliment each other so well. Putting the 2 pieces together is just natural. Being able to swarm off by turn 2 is way too good.
[/quote]
yes but the machina version is more stable, and machina fortress compliments the deck well and is a special summon. with karakuris you suffer mismatched hands and lots of small monsters

Gear    712
[quote name='nafetheninja' timestamp='1343743767' post='3244021']
[quote name='Gear' timestamp='1343742447' post='3244009']

[/quote]
yes but the machina version is more stable, and machina fortress compliments the deck well and is a special summon. with karakuris you suffer mismatched hands and lots of small monsters
[/quote]
tbh, The Machina version is more stable. There is no getting passed that but overall the deck is slower. I can do much more with 2-3 Karakuri Syncs and a SDD/Landiose and in the middle of that draw 1-2 than summoning 1 monster per turn or 2 if Fortress.

I've never really had a problem with mismatched hands. The deck is a consistent Karakuri Sync drop. Its easy to fix your hands with Duality and Giganto X. I also play more recursion to make the OTK more consistent/potent. The deck is all about Armor and a Tuner. You basically play 6 Armors and 8-9 tuners. Its pretty hard not to get what you need. Having small monsters really isnt a problem because this deck does the same thing as Inzektors, WUs, or Rabbit. Makes small creatures really huge which is the focus of the deck. If your not making huge tanks every game you are playing the deck wrong.

AmateurSushi    12
I did so and it's testing much better. I just couldn't find room before.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5TUmz.jpg[/img]

I can't get away from the traps. They are so necessary for protection IMO. To be honest 3 veilers may even be overkill against non-windup decks; I might like chains.

Makku-Kun    51
I do not like the neutrons in here at all they make it slower and will mostly be dead. You'd rather summon arsenal into armor or armor turn one. Also you need two of the level 3 Geargia not one

AmateurSushi    12
I'm torn on the neutrons. On one hand, they're really slow. On the other hand the deck has problems with consistency that it helps alleviate.

I'll keep testing obviously.

Gear    712
The thing about Neutron is that he is good opening but after that he is useless. Imo Your better off just maxxing Birdman and Duality.

I agree with taking MK2 out. He is lackluster and doesnt really help the purpose of the deck.

Gear    712
Yeah and those are definitely the situations you want to avoid as much as possible. This deck falls off in late game which is a point you never want to reach. He is just going to be a card you hold.

I would suggest something like CoTH, Duality!!!! or maybe more trap protection over him (Force?)

AmateurSushi    12
It's also a nice follow up to gear gigant.

Idk, I agree those are situations you don't want to be in, but you can't always avoid that.