razoredgey.

Prophecy Destroyer

razoredgey.    355
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57090/yugioh/images/9/92/ProphecyDestroyer-REDU-EN-OP.jpg[/img]

Dark/Spellcaster
Level 6
2500/1200

[size=4][i]"If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 3 "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard."[/i][/size]

-Fucking amazing art.
-Spellcaster.
-Can be summoned by Temperance.
-Can bait Warning and bring itself back.
-Possible in a Spellbook deck post Abyss Rising.

-For now, no real use.
-Needs a rank 5 Exceed to support the archtype.

Your thoughts?

Candela    546
It conflicts with the field spell and just isn't very good.

The artwork is cool, though.

Dank Memeston    1716
This card has a lot of potential but due to the restricted amount of Spellbooks in the next set (so far) it will not have a large impact. After Abyss it could have a larger impact but there is no way to abuse the card so far. It is nice with synchoing and also nice with Tragoedia but... its summoning condition is just a bit inconsistant. There is also a matter of the fact that getting him out (originally) is inconsistant as well. He is a nice card to help keep that push for game going but obstructed by too many areas at the moment.

I do believe besides the whole weonlyhave12spellbooksinyourdeckatmaxafterredu restriction that the fact that the only easy ways to bring back banished spells is either Spellbook of Leadership or Necroface highly hurts this whole matter about him. Sure, Leadership is extremely good but in this matter it is no better then before. [s]What he (she?) really needs is something to get a boost off of the whole bannishing spellbooks matter... :/[/s] Actually, Shadowpriestess is a card so if something does come out... can;t make it loopable.

Still need to try this out more though.

».ben.    7438
Depending on the kind of support that continues to come out for Prophecy monsters, I think this card has some potential.
I think it could have had a niche right now if it were level 7.

i love that he's summoned skull
i hate that he sucks

most of the time he's not gonna do anything
you activate him, they dolka, you lose
or you hold out trying to get the 3rd spellbook, then keep not getting one

it has potential later (even after ABYR if they keep going with this) but for now its just there for pretty artwork

razoredgey.    355
Very few things to point out for him. Tthe effect is subpar but the art is amazing. I'd pick up 3 ultimate just for looks and if he gets some play, you already have more than enough.

Kahu    2419
The card's bad, art's good, art should've been used on a different card instead of being shoehorned into an archtype that has a completely different art style.

The problem with this card is the fact that anything this thing can do, 9/10 times NecroJunon combos can do better. And while a 21-Spellbook deck is viable AND deadly post ABYR, thus reducing the impact of Destroyer's banish cost due to Alma/Leadership and Grimoire/Secret looping, if you're using Goethe/Control in a Prophecy deck Destroyer really doesn't have any place to stand due to the banishing going all to Goethe/Control and Junon/Priestess.

Unless we get a Rank 6 Prophecy, I honestly don't see this thing gaining popularity.

razoredgey.    355
I am curious about this loop. I know Leadership can bring back a banished Spellbook and add it to the hand. But as for the rest I am lost.

Dank Memeston    1716
Secret > search Leadership > add Power (preferably) > use on a Spellcaster

That's 3.

»Draigun    6835
It involves Control, Secrets, Power, Leadership, and Spellbook Tower.

Spellbooks get banished either by Priestess or Control and returned back through Leadership, more likely Secrets & Power will be returned and held or searched out for in battle. Meanwhile, Spellbook Tower is returning Leadership & Control to the bottom of the deck and you drawing a card in the Standby Phase.

You're basically looping among 4 or 5 Spellbooks with Wisdom and Life adding onto your Spellbook count.

Kahu    2419
^What they said. Control and Priestess together are manageable due to Leadership and Secrets letting you turn your graveyard and banish pile into alternative search spots through combos, but Destroyer pushes it over the edge, making it difficult to sustain a pool for Control, which in turn chokes Junon.

Another problem being that Destroyer is an OTK enabler card in design, when Prophecy honestly works better as a control and anti-otk deck in most cases. Not to mention you don't really NEED Destroyer in a high-book build due to everything else letting you drop Priestess from hand/deck/grave virtually at will.

Lang    905
Shoulda said ss from hand or gy. Would that change anything? Maybe, maybe not. That sort of text selection is frustrating

Kahu    2419
Should've said SS from hand or GY by banishing 2 different Spellbooks. And it STILL wouldn't have changed anything seeing as how Prophecy is a control deck at its very core, not a summon spam dispenser like Chaos Dragons or the likes.

Seriously. This thing should've been something like Chaos Destroyer or Gaia Destroyer or something.

Dank Memeston    1716
No, that would have changed things. The main problem with this card is the ability to bring it out. The is only 1 card that gets it out easily, Foolish Burial. Besides that you will either have to rely on random milling or through Temper/tribute summoning. Apprentice Magician can help to keep a monster on board to summon it (but you need to have it in hand), which is what I am testing, but besides that, usually Priestess is the better summon through Temper.

Basically, if it was special summonable from your hand it would be a lot better card with a lot more implications. You could Xyz with Gagaga Magician, Synchro with tuners, and in general make a larger board presence more efficiently.

Kahu    2419
...AAAAAAAAAAAND I just realized that this is the Prophecy version of Summoned Skull thanks to somebody on NAC. Still a bad card though.

[quote name='marshmallow' timestamp='1343826555' post='3244720']
i love that [b]he's summoned skull[/b]
i hate that he sucks

most of the time he's not gonna do anything
you activate him, they dolka, you lose
or you hold out trying to get the 3rd spellbook, then keep not getting one

it has potential later (even after ABYR if they keep going with this) but for now its just there for pretty artwork
[/quote]
[quote name='kahu' timestamp='1344227242' post='3247417']
...AAAAAAAAAAAND I just realized that this is the Prophecy version of Summoned Skull [b]thanks to somebody on NAC[/b]. Still a bad card though.
[/quote]
why must you hurt me
  • Upvote 2

Kahu    2419
Didn't see your post.

dexer008    805
Summoned skull looks way different though.

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120730181520/yugioh/images/9/92/ProphecyDestroyer-REDU-EN-OP.jpg[/img] [img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120413231658/yugioh/images/thumb/c/ca/SummonedSkull-DEM1-EN-C-UE.png/300px-SummonedSkull-DEM1-EN-C-UE.png[/img][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081213045148/yugioh/images/6/60/SummonedSkull-YAP1-EN-UR-LE.png[/img]

razoredgey.    355
[quote name='dexer008' timestamp='1344496968' post='3249779']
Summoned skull looks way different though.

[spoiler][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120730181520/yugioh/images/9/92/ProphecyDestroyer-REDU-EN-OP.jpg[/img] [img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120413231658/yugioh/images/thumb/c/ca/SummonedSkull-DEM1-EN-C-UE.png/300px-SummonedSkull-DEM1-EN-C-UE.png[/img][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081213045148/yugioh/images/6/60/SummonedSkull-YAP1-EN-UR-LE.png[/img]
[/spoiler][/quote]
[i]"A fiend with [b]dark powers confusing the enemy. [/b]Among the Fiend - Type monsters, this monster boats the most considerable force."[/i]

dexer008    805
meh, now that I look at it, maybe prophecy destroyer is summoned skull when he was alive, seeing as destroyed has skin where summoned skull has an exo-skeleton and muscle.

Kahu    2419
It's not necessarily Skull itself. We just meant that it's the Skull of the archtype a lot like how Priestess is the Dark Magician and Hierophant is Magician of Black Chaos.

Kahu    2419
Nah. He just bears a resemblance, I'd say. Summoned Skull never used a sword, never had bone pants, and never had muscle on top of his skeletal exo-skeletal structure. I think it's just for homage purposes ala how Priestess is practically Dark Magician in stats.

the original was the best artwork imo. maybe its a nostalgia factor. it would be cool if prophecy destroyer had some lightning or something in the art since, you know, apparently summoned skull could control electricity