IonCharge    691
Finished x-2 with Agents at my regional at the weekend but made 17th which sucks. I think a lot of the people I beat ended up dropping. I lost to WInd-Up on time and Samurai which was annoying. I played a different list from what I posted, but I did play 3 Herald and I didn't have much of a problem with it in the tournament.

»victor    6400
[quote name='Indignation' timestamp='1354815037' post='3341398']
Why are there some agents running Gustav max?
[/quote]
[quote name='Indignation' timestamp='1354820516' post='3341438']
[quote name='Relianah' timestamp='1354816334' post='3341408']
Double trag obviously..........
[/quote]
oh wow lol. I guess it can happen a bit...
[/quote]

[url="http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120621231814/yugioh/images/thumb/f/f3/DarklordDesire-RYMP-EN-C-UE.png/300px-DarklordDesire-RYMP-EN-C-UE.png"]Darklord Desire[/url] is LV 10, fyi.

It's a DARK Fairy so it works towards BLS, can discard it with Herald, and you have Tribute fodder for it, if you can protect Venus + Gachi for a turn, Tributing the 3rd Shine Ball.

It has 3000 ATK and a "send" destruction effect, so it beats what Hyperion can't, Gachi, Zenmaines, and Maestroke.

This deck doesn't play Black Corn and that Hyperion -> Desire does clear the way for Gustav Max to do 5000 damage.

Aside from it being a Fairy though and LV 10 for Trag-> Gustav Max, it's not really better than Caius.

Punpun    429
[quote name='silentsaiyan' timestamp='1355097685' post='3343941']
im all for maining 2 chainz... it really helps against the mirror and wind ups
plus it just absolutey shits on wind ups
[/quote]
I've been really fond of chain lately, like to the point where I tried playing three mained. It was good against everything you mentioned along with rabbit when they have an evolzar and even against water it can be good, like if you play really passive and just commit minimal cards to the field you can get a fair amount of value out of chain. Ideally you just have chain set and they try to Megalo you by discarding Marksman trying to pop your fiendish and you just [i]chain[/i] it.
  • Upvote 2

Donnie    2189
Had a rough weekend with the deck, but I'll give it one more go the next, lost twice Saturday to a Monster Reborn top, like both instances I had game next turn, Dark Hole/Avarice were gone, but a single card...., after that I just gave up, grinded out the whole game against Water both times, but sometimes it's just not your day. (Pulled an ulti Tsuki out of my single Astral Pack though :P).

I like Fiendish a lot because it's good against Water, lots of chainables makes Water a lot less difficult. Today I don't even want to talk about, lets just say I came nigh close to quitting today.

d3monized    106
Last 2 tournaments with agents.
5-0, only undefeated. Top 8, lost Game 3 to Macro Rabbit to Gagaga Cowboy. Had Gozen/Hyperion on field he rips Rabbit. =/

2-3 Today, lost to 2 Macro Rabbits and Sams. Sams sided Kycoo, smh.

I think I might test Ryko in side.

Angeles    213
Went 2-3 yesterday (worst performance with the deck ever) losing to Wind-Up, Dragunity and Rabbit. I tried Bottomless over Trago and I missed a lot. Bottomless kind of underperformed for me and I wish I had a Veiler every now and again. Wind Up g1 I open triple herald, ball, kristya, tk, almost won but it grinded me out. g2 I open Venus/Kristya and win, game 3 its something along the lines where I drop Kristya w/Herald and Call it back but then he has 5 backrows and we have a chain war with him winning out (he poked with Sangan/Tour Guide til I was forced to force the Sangan and Herald it). Dragunity had some set up where he dropped 3 dragons and I had no way to stop it, can't even turtle up cause he had Gaia Charger. Rabbit I probably should have won but said fuck it cause I wasn't topping anyway. Overall I don't know how much I like 3 Herald anymore but its still good so I might just try to keep playing and see if just yesterday was a bad day and I disliked Bottomless for the most part.

tichris93    667
[quote name='Burn After Rolling' timestamp='1355113145' post='3344132']
Last 2 tournaments with agents.
5-0, only undefeated. Top 8, lost Game 3 to Macro Rabbit to Gagaga Cowboy. Had Gozen/Hyperion on field he rips Rabbit. =/

2-3 Today, lost to 2 Macro Rabbits and Sams. Sams sided Kycoo, smh.

I think I might test Ryko in side.
[/quote]

i've been doing this for a while and it's been really good
and with macro rabbit becoming more and more popular it's been putting in work

plus the look on their face when their laggia attacks into the unexpected ryko is priceless :)

d3monized    106
Realized vs Macro Rabbit you shouldn't leave in the Troopers, so Ryko coming in would be cool.

DarkBlaze557    2106
[quote name='ArchFiendX' timestamp='1354994612' post='3343153']
Nice build. I like the 1 Effect Veiler in there, because I find that Orange eats my hand at times where I don't my hand being eaten, but I have to force the negation or risk a herp derp play. I do see why you opt for the Mind Control, I personally have never tested it, so I might give it a try.

I run pretty much the same trap line up, though I'm on the fence with Trag, how do you feel about Trag DarkBlaze?. And I also was thinking of putting Snowman to work as well.
[/quote]

Mained Mind Control is one of my favorite options right now. It put in a LOT of work yesterday where I played 18 bajillion mirrors at locals (and I think it's only going to get worse).

I don't really like Trag when you're running a good amount of backrow (and I'm actually considering increasing the backrow count, so that makes it even worse). The lower the trap count, the better Trag gets imo.

======

I had some interesting results at locals again this week. 5 rounds of swiss, top 8, etc. In swiss, I played: Heroes, Mermail/Atlanteans, Agents mirror, Machina Gadget, and another Agents mirror.

Heroes got me game 1, but games 2 and 3 I smashed him. I'm not even sure that's really considered a deck anymore. It's far too slow. I lost to the traps, not the rest of the deck. I absolutely smashed the Mermail/Atlantean game. Game 1 I opened really well, and he didn't have any hand traps to stop me. Game 2, he blind MST'd my 2 backrow (Torrential and Soul Drain), hitting the Torrential. Had he conserved it, he probably would have won that one and gone to game 3. The first Agent mirror I played was kind of unpleasant. He wasn't very good with the deck, not knowing when to disrupt a Venus or when not to, bringing out all 3 Shine Balls before going Gachi, over-extending Hyperions, etc. He still put up a pretty damn good fight, though, and it was not an easy 2-0 on my part. Game 1 was a super grind, and I won with a tribute-summoned Kristya. Game 2, I disrupted his Venus and proceeded to OTK. I lost to the Machina Gadget player because I'm stupid (forgetting Thunder King negates, etc.). It was fine, though, because it was his first local for Yugioh (he usually plays Magic) and was still learning the game. I'm ok with helping someone feel good about their first experience. Not a good test for me though. Last round was a really tough mirror. He played trap-heavy Agents without Trooper/Call. I took game 1 because of hand traps (he never got an undisrupted Venus play off, even though he did get all 3 out at points in the game). Game 2 he smashed me. Game 3 was bad luck for him, he opened 2 Shine Balls and drew into the 3rd. He almost came back, though, due to the traps and Honest plays. I was able to squeeze out of it by playing Dark Hole while I had Sangan on the field to his face-down Shine Ball, searching for Tour Guide, grabbing my banished Venus (Bottomless is a dick), and OTKing from there.

Top 8 ended up being 4 Agents, 1 Macro Rabbit, 1 Inzektor, 1 Machina Gadget, 1 Gladiator Beast.

Top 8 I played the first Agent guy again (I was apparently his only loss). Game 1, he complains about opening really badly since he opened 2 Shine Ball, but the hand was completely playable. He ended up using 4 hand traps in a row on me - every turn he had another one. We grind it out and I have +2 on him, but it's just an Orange + Shine Ball in-hand. He rips Hyperion, goes to pop my Venus and attack for game (I was at 2300), I Orange Light. I draw Mind Control and set the bluff, poke for 1600. He rips another Hyperion for game. Game 2, I open Shine Ball, Earth, Warning, Torrential, Maxx C, MST. I summon Earth, he lets it go through. I set Warning and MST. He ends up not disrupting anything and I smash him with Catastor. Game 3, he tries to go off with a first turn Venus, but I have Maxx C. I Mind Control, go nuts, and win shortly after.

Top 4 is 2 Agents, 1 Macro Rabbit, 1 Inzektor.

Top 4 is a mirror again, the guy I beat in round 5. Game 1, I open terribly - Sangan, 2 Shine Balls, Call, MST, Orange Light. He wins the die roll and goes Earth for Venus. I summon Sangan and suicide for the Earth search. Set Call and MST. He summons Thunder King, pokes for 1900, sets 2. I draw another Earth and proceed to lose. Game 2, I open nutty as shit and go ham. Game 3, he opens well to my double Earth, double Call opening. He stops every play I make, and at some point, I'm trying to grasp to a Banisher on the field and forgot that I couldn't use Honest to protect it. I proceed to lose.

====

Lessons learned:

Banisher needs a shit ton more protection.
The mirror match is hard as fuck.
Herald of Orange Light isn't performing as well anymore, but still warrants a space imo.
Mind Control is amazing.
Spirit Reaper is a really useful one-of. I found myself wanting to keep it in pretty often.

Changes I'm likely to make:
Main:
-1x Herald of Orange Light
-1x MST
+2x Fiendish Chain

Side:
-1x Dust Tornado
+1x MST

This should improve the mirror match a lot. I also found myself not wanting to side in the second Dust Tornado frequently in testing, so moving an MST to the side is probably solid.

I'll keep working on things. I want to find a way to side in Cyber Dragons against the mirror to help mitigate the Thunder King threat. I'll need to noodle on that a bit.

.Slick    18
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Mibi7.png[/img]

This is the build I'm currently working with and I'm playing around with not using Maxx C this time around, Main or Side.

d3monized    106
I want to main the 3rd MST, can't decide on making my deck 41, or perhaps dropping a Herald of Orange Light for my 3rd MST. I play 3 Herald.
Would free up a spot in my side as well.

Mutavault    2900
I play Simons deck with like 3 changes one of them being 2 decree over creature swap and treach trap hole and using 2 orange 1 veiler over 2 veiler 1 orange

Side is fairly different however so whatever.

Decree can do the trick with abysphere locking out their spells for the whole game pretty much plus a big hand plus decree is game breaking if you trap them. And if you show people the deck that looks like simons they'll think the deck your using is treacherous trap hole so they commit 1 monster and just get mind fucked when you flip decree.

Just for reference:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1mTmh.png[/img]

knives1990    262
Decree doesnt lockout spells on sphere. Darkblaze I'm wondering how good mind control performs for you outside of the mirror. It's something on my list of "worth testing" but I haven't included it in most of the decks I've played this format

DarkBlaze557    2106
[quote name='knives1990' timestamp='1355164592' post='3344577']
Decree doesnt lockout spells on sphere. Darkblaze I'm wondering how good mind control performs for you outside of the mirror. It's something on my list of "worth testing" but I haven't included it in most of the decks I've played this format
[/quote]

It depends on what you're playing against. Against decks that run a lot of level 4s (Machina Geargia, Gadgets, Dino Rabbit), it's subpar and gets sided out. Against other decks, it's solid. It performs best in the mirror and against Mermail/Atlantean. It's not tremendously useless against Dino Rabbit either, forcing either a Laggia negate, or preventing a Dolkka blow-out. Against Inzektors, you can use it to make rank 3s with Tour Guide or Venus. It also makes Earth a bit better, allowing you to turn a simple search into a huge problem card (often Catastor, but it can turn into a Black Rose pretty easily too).

Mainly, though, I feel that being prepared for the mirror is a big deal right now. Agents are one of the most-accessible power decks out there that even scrubs can get wins with. It's all over the place right now, and the mirror is extremely difficult. Spending 1 card in the main deck to give you a solid advantage there is invaluable I think. Especially if it's useful in a lot of other scenarios. Playing the uphill battle of trying to win games 2 and 3 against the mirror match is super difficult, and I feel like you need every edge you can get.

d3monized    106
Thinking of siding Decree over Dust, and wedging 2 Ryko's in the side just for Macro Rabbit.
  • Downvote 1

Mutavault    2900
Decree doesnt lockout spells on sphere.
[/quote]

Even if you wait for Sphere to summon the monster from its effect then play decree? I don't understand why it wouldn't work that way.

brian.inc    266
[quote name='Zach Burnz' timestamp='1355195276' post='3345082']
[/quote]

Even if you wait for Sphere to summon the monster from its effect then play decree? I don't understand why it wouldn't work that way.
[/quote]

You'd still be negating the sphere's effects with decree though... Including the part which says they can't play spells.
  • Upvote 1

knives1990    262
Im pretty sure if decree somehow got destroyed after negating for the turn sphere was activated, it would do the same thing as trap stun though

Mutavault    2900
[quote name='brian.inc' timestamp='1355195499' post='3345088']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You'd still be negating the sphere's effects with decree though... Including the part which says they can't play spells.
[/quote]

i thought not playing spells was a condition

Strife    613
Admittedly it ended up only being a 5 round WCQ this weekend due I think mainly to the really shoddy weather and a little on the location being awkward especailly with Scotland's transport system, but got 4th after Swiss 4-1 after starting the day with a loss to Mermails+really shitty awkward hands then proceeded to win the top 8 with this:

[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/S8LEq.png[/img][/spoiler]

Lost to Mermails. Beat: Wind-Ups 3 times; some Dragunity Stardust/Assault Mode Turbo; Inzecktors; Dino Rabbit 2 times.

I'll admit that its pretty standard, as was said in here you can't really get cute as almost every game 1 that I lost was due to horrific hands like one that stood out was Call, 3 Hyperion, Kristya, Shine Ball vs opponent opening Rabbit, Tour Guide :S That and the others I do feel was probably a little down to me oversiding for matchups, but as the day went on started changing a few things on how I was siding and minimized it as well as siding a little more dependant upon who was going first. Probably shouldn't have played it as I hadn't even loaded the deck on DN for a month or so I think, but spent too long deciding between it and Wind-Ups so just rolled a dice to decide and worked out fine in the end.

One major question I have for others playing the deck. I'm planning on putting Gaia Knight and Ancient Sacred Wyvern in because I couldn't find them before the event and got there a bit too late to ask around. While I'm almost certainly going to drop Giga-Brillaint as I never made it and Dweller as it was just theoryoh but would need more stuff like Simon's build to make it reliable. But what I was really wondering is that I've seen Scrap/Stardust Dragons and Mist Wurm in other people's Extras - how often do you actually make those?

Strife    613
I think I mainly brought it in for going second to things like Wind-Ups/Dino-Rabbit. Honestly I think it was the last 2 slots for those cards as I wasn't sure what else was really going to be relevant and typically my Soul Drains arrived after I left to catch the train, but not 100% sure on them.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
[quote name='Zach Burnz' timestamp='1355201961' post='3345192']
[quote name='brian.inc' timestamp='1355195499' post='3345088']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i thought not playing spells was a condition
[/quote]

The reason Stun is such a boss option is because one's role here is to let them have their Spells the turn you play Stun, and then during the EP, force them to try to destroy Sphere while Stun is still applied.

Then, end Stun's application.

GOOD-FUCKING-BYE SPELL CARDS

d3monized    106
Tried Malevolent Catastrophe's today in the side over Dust Tornados.
Kinda meh.