»Tygo    14313

On another note, Ive been reconsidering how much of my side deck to focus on Prophecy. I currently have 6 cards in the side that are there almost entirely for Prophecy, but even with them the Prophecy matchup feels almost impossible. So what I have been thinking about is cutting most of those cards to focus more on other matchups, giving up any chance of beating prophecy in a match to further strengthen all our other matchups. Depending how much if the field actually plays Prophecy in any given tournament, this could either be a very good or very bad meta call. The fact is that the Prophecy matchup is an uphill battle, no matter how much I test I seem to have to get incredibly good hands to beat Prophecy. Maybe Im just crazy, but is it worth it to side a bunch of cards for a matchup that seems almost impossible anyway?

I agree. I played alot of game 1's vs a teammate of mine and it feels like if they win the dice roll they immediately win. Kycoo and Jowgen are really and in the matchup they will search for a wisdom and with Fate set its like why even play g1. since they have already won g1 it's like they have won the match since they start g3.

If your going to take the Spellbook side out are you going to make your side solely for dragons and rogue decks. monarchs have a good matchup vs evilswarms and so it's like will you just make on tricerafortressops and stuff like that.

First I come to honestly ask why the fuck would you NOT side anything for one of your hardest matchups? That's terrible unless your main deck plan is to be amazing game 1 against them and them alone. All other matchups, youll just lose game one then side. That's shitty logic.

That's what I initially came here to talk about but...

I guess Windup Rabbit is the best target with Thunderbird. Rabbit gets over jowgen thunder can potentially get over kycoo. the 2 maxed will take care of the frog engine of 6. this is if we decide to take out the frog engine. that would mean taking out econs for something else. maxxing on Puppet plant is a must though. I'm tempted to try TWA and see if it gets me anywhere.

I'll do some playtesting with it vs priestess and priestless versions of the deck.
Im really thinking about maining a Puppet Plant. Yes it's really only optimal vs Spellbooks but dragons will make Cblader vs us at the first opportunity to seal the game next turn. Yes it's not like i'll have the puppet plant for them as soon a CBlader is summoned but it allows for us to have an out to the Jowgen or Kycoo that is killing us. Vs Evilswarms it only hit's the castor but I mean the matchup isn't hard for us so I think one card won't kill us.

Puppet Plant will Take:

1. Jowgen
2. Kycoo
3. Big Eye
4. Crimson Blader
5. Evilswarm Castor
6. High Priestess of Prophecy
6. any other problematic or free tribute warrior or spellcaster

What the actual fuck is this? 

Please, I urge you. Learn proper english, sit back, think before you post, and you'll be fine here. I'm saying it for your own good dude. I've gotten tired of using this phrase but you need to lurk a bit more.

• Upvote 1

iFocus    311

o my lurking. now i gotta sound like an intelligent duelist just to post lol.

On the actual Monarch topic though. Im siding 3 Spell Canceller, 3 Puppet Plant, Fuiliser Dragon, 2nd MST and 2 EEV. The rest of the side is for E-Dragons and 1 End of Anubis for Mermails.

• Downvote 18

»Tygo    14313

Ok that wasn't supposed to insult or offend. It was literal advice. If you want to be a sarcastic fuck and ignore me fine. Prepare your anus though because not everyone is as nice as me. 

• Upvote 4

The Main Event    261

My current build:

Monsters [30]

[1] DDS

[2] LaDD

[3] Caius

[3] Raiza

[3] V Fiend

[1] Gorz

[3] Fader

[3] Maxx C

[3] Veiler

[1] Gorz

[3] Swap

[3] Treeborn

[1] Dupe

[1] Ronin

Spells [10]

[3] Econ

[3] Soul Ex

[1] MST

[1] Heavy

[1]Reborn

[1] Foolish

Extra

[1] C. Blader

[1] Black Rose

[1] Catastor

[1] Colossal

[1] Thought Ruler

[1] Scrap Dragon

[1] Formula

[1] Ptolemy M7

[1] Gauntlet Launcher

[1] Strike Bounzer

[1] Gaia Charger

[1] Daigusto Phoenix

[2] Gachi

[1] Slacker Magician

Side

[1] Trifortressops

[1] Mobius

[3] Puppet Plant

[2] Electric Virus

[1] LaDD

[2] Obelisk

[2] MST

[1] Dust Tornado (trying to decide between this and Twister)

[2] EEV

-We all know the gripes with Dupe Frog, but I added him and Foolish to the Frog engine because I felt there were just too many times I had the bosses in hand with no fodder, and long droughts without them.

-Added Dust/Twister to the side to help deal with the 45243656 continuous traps/spells Prophecy sides in. I thought the Mobius and the 3 msts were enough before but Rivalry and Fissure/Macro are extremely annoying

-Only one Triopps because it felt dead against most all other matchups besides dragons/mermail

Thoughts?

herbie ✌    1346

Problem is Foolish is pretty bad once you've got your engine going, like I've always wished it were something else after the first couple turns.

Also, I don't understand why people wouldn't auto run 2 or even 3 Ryko in the side here, it answers almost all cards that would be sided in against this deck.

Oh and Dupe is terrible and slow, this deck doesn't need more slow cards.

The Main Event    261

Problem is Foolish is pretty bad once you've got your engine going, like I've always wished it were something else after the first couple turns.

Also, I don't understand why people wouldn't auto run 2 or even 3 Ryko in the side here, it answers almost all cards that would be sided in against this deck.

Oh and Dupe is terrible and slow, this deck doesn't need more slow cards.

The fact you have one TTops in the side and none in the main is a little worrying

That's true about Ryko I never thought of him. Other than that, what would yall suggest as far as changes go?

My current build:

Monsters [30]

[1] DDS

[2] LaDD

[3] Caius

[3] Raiza

[3] V Fiend

[1] Gorz

[3] Fader

[3] Maxx C

[3] Veiler

[1] Gorz

[3] Swap

[3] Treeborn

[1] Dupe

[1] Ronin

Spells [10]

[3] Econ

[3] Soul Ex

[1] MST

[1] Heavy

[1]Reborn

[1] Foolish

Extra

[1] C. Blader

[1] Black Rose

[1] Catastor

[1] Colossal

[1] Thought Ruler

[1] Scrap Dragon

[1] Formula

[1] Ptolemy M7

[1] Gauntlet Launcher

[1] Strike Bounzer

[1] Gaia Charger

[1] Daigusto Phoenix

[2] Gachi

[1] Slacker Magician

Side

[1] Trifortressops

[1] Mobius

[3] Puppet Plant

[2] Electric Virus

[1] LaDD

[2] Obelisk

[2] MST

[2] EEV

You're playing 2 Gorz in the main, and also you play 2 EEV but your only targets are LaDD and Gorz.

Also it seems you have a lot of backrow removal for a format where 2/3 of the top tier decks don't play a lot of backrow. Although I don't main any MSTs but side 3, I can understand playing 1 and siding two. The additional dust tornado and Mobius seems odd. I can understand if you really wanted the Dust Tornado, but Mobius was relevant when Gozen Match was being played more, but there aren't a ton of situations where I can see you benefitting from specifically having a Mobius.

iFocus    311

Ok that wasn't supposed to insult or offend. It was literal advice. If you want to be a sarcastic fuck and ignore me fine. Prepare your anus though because not everyone is as nice as me. 

Na i actually took what u said to heart. I really wanted to hit the 100 neg rep though for some reason before i made intelligent post.

I do stand by things I have said though and im still an advocate for TTH.

• Downvote 8

The Main Event    261

My current build:

Monsters [30]

[1] DDS

[2] LaDD

[3] Caius

[3] Raiza

[3] V Fiend

[1] Gorz

[3] Fader

[3] Maxx C

[3] Veiler

[1] Gorz

[3] Swap

[3] Treeborn

[1] Dupe

[1] Ronin

Spells [10]

[3] Econ

[3] Soul Ex

[1] MST

[1] Heavy

[1]Reborn

[1] Foolish

Extra

[1] C. Blader

[1] Black Rose

[1] Catastor

[1] Colossal

[1] Thought Ruler

[1] Scrap Dragon

[1] Formula

[1] Ptolemy M7

[1] Gauntlet Launcher

[1] Strike Bounzer

[1] Gaia Charger

[1] Daigusto Phoenix

[2] Gachi

[1] Slacker Magician

Side

[1] Trifortressops

[1] Mobius

[3] Puppet Plant

[2] Electric Virus

[1] LaDD

[2] Obelisk

[2] MST

[2] EEV

You're playing 2 Gorz in the main, and also you play 2 EEV but your only targets are LaDD and Gorz.

Also it seems you have a lot of backrow removal for a format where 2/3 of the top tier decks don't play a lot of backrow. Although I don't main any MSTs but side 3, I can understand playing 1 and siding two. The additional dust tornado and Mobius seems odd. I can understand if you really wanted the Dust Tornado, but Mobius was relevant when Gozen Match was being played more, but there aren't a ton of situations where I can see you benefitting from specifically having a Mobius.

Thanks, didn't even noticed I listed Gorz twice. And the backrow hate is mostly for Spellbooks.

Wunsen    225
[quote name="Reaction" post="3504977" timestamp="1371280208"][quote name="B.M.B. Tygo" post="3504850" timestamp="1371257135"]Ok that wasn't supposed to insult or offend. It was literal advice. If you want to be a sarcastic fuck and ignore me fine. Prepare your anus though because not everyone is as nice as me. [/quote] Na i actually took what u said to heart. I really wanted to hit the 100 neg rep though for some reason before i made intelligent post. I do stand by things I have said though and im still an advocate for TTH.[/quote] Why have you changed your title thing to "The Bad Rep" as if you're notorious or something? Please just stop posting for a while.
  • Upvote 1

»Tygo    14313

Na i actually took what u said to heart. I really wanted to hit the 100 neg rep though for some reason before i made intelligent post.

That has to be some of the worst logic I've ever seen. "I want to make myself known as a horrible poster before I start trying to recreate a first impression."

I give up. 

• Upvote 6

iFocus    311

That has to be some of the worst logic I've ever seen. "I want to make myself known as a horrible poster before I start trying to recreate a first impression."

I give up. 

u make me sound amazing lol. JK. i just didnt care to say things without thinking. which obviously would get disliked but i don't really care.

on the topic of Monarchs though. Testing Hino has been working wonders and its won me every game i've been able to resolve it. Im also iffy on going to 2 or 3 tricera mained because of the random shit at my locals sometimes. Like last time at locals top 8 was me.  4 or so dragons 2 spellbooks and 1 gk. then top 4 was me 2 dragons and 1 spellbook. i didnt wanna risk playing it out even further with Spellbooks but i did some testing vs the priestess build with canceller vs the non priestless build with canceller.

Vs Priestless having the Spell Canceller on the field is by far your best friend. It's really good if the turn after you can follow up with either a monarch or a gachi gachi.

Vs Priestess build i found myself turn 2 or 3 in a good position with canceller and then when priestess was dropped and they killed canceller i felt that i needed puppet plant immediately to stay back in the game. with all the fate/wisdoms on the field with priestess and jowgen or kycoo.

3 Canceller and 3 Puppet Plant im really enjoying. Im still siding 2 EEV and im thinking to either play 1 IoD or Fulsier Dragon.

• Downvote 11

»Tygo    14313

For the record, I actually defended Reaction when I noticed this Sanji dude has done nothing but neg him and pos anything against him. THAT is normally warn worthy but with the state of most of his posts masks what is bad and what is a negstalked post. That was what brought his posts to my attention in the first place.

Also for the record, @Reaction: Sanji is a pretty big reason you're at 100 and not 70-80 neg rep.

• Upvote 1

iFocus    311
eh it happens. I mean people are going to neg others no matter what.

Can we please get back on topic though. So yesterday I play tested vs dragons and Redox Gadgets. TTH is really helpful but if I do cut it what would it be for. It's been clutch so many times and it's really good when it's set under LaDD and they attempt to take it after the BTS. it's really been important to have a way to battle on my opponents turn without just a Set Econ that i usually want in my hand. A set BoM or a veiler in hand for there play. The reason I really am an advocate for the card is because you can't always draw amazing and when you don't draw amazing it can keep u alive if need be. Plus like most monsters that will be dropped against you are bigger or the same attack. Tempest Tidal Blaster Fortress the dragon xyz's and so on.

Ive been also testing alot vs spellbooks. It's been with Priestess and its really tough on what to side. Not as in what to actually side in but what I want my side to be for the deck. 3 Spell Cancellers 3 Puppet Plant 2 EEV and 1 Fusilier are good for me but sometimes I wish i had Invader of Darkness since it's bigger than priestess and makes Fate Jday and Wisdom invalid as well as BoM.

wonderPreaux    1432

"its good when you draw bad" seems like terrible logic to run a card. for one thing, running circumstantially good cards and not generally effective cards within the archetype is probably contributing to your bad draws. and if a card is just meh/bad/win more when you actually have a good hand, then you've made your good hand less good. i feel like tth doesnt do anything amazing enough to warrant that liability.

xam13124    13
Im gonna say im really glad that the priestessless build is spreading, makes the matchup a lot easier for us really. Against priestessless builds Spell Canceler is actually pretty good, they cant out him unless they draw into kycoo and have to waste a normal summon on him. The whole reason the matchup was so tough (besides Jowgen who is still an issue) was that every one of the few cards we can side against spells is outed by priestess very easily. With her falling out of the picture all of our side cards are much more effective, a protected jowgen is the only real way they can threaten us now.

iFocus    311

Im gonna say im really glad that the priestessless build is spreading, makes the matchup a lot easier for us really. Against priestessless builds Spell Canceler is actually pretty good, they cant out him unless they draw into kycoo and have to waste a normal summon on him. The whole reason the matchup was so tough (besides Jowgen who is still an issue) was that every one of the few cards we can side against spells is outed by priestess very easily. With her falling out of the picture all of our side cards are much more effective, a protected jowgen is the only real way they can threaten us now.

i was talking about that earlier which is why 3 PP is a must for us and i'd say 3 spell cancellers as well. if they dont crash with kycoo then treeborn and monarch will take out the kycoo and remove it or try and have have them topdeck a bad spell and run over the kycoo.

TTH is something that is obviously cuttable I'm just trying to figure out what I want to cut it for that can be better for me or reactive on my opponents turn. Like i said hitting the Kycoo/Jowgen is great making them wisdom either or and usually they don't have it. Hitting 2 used attributes when dragons wanted to make a sack or anything is really good as well. I can also hit the normal summon of the turn and dragon when they attempt to Blader me.

Yea it's a 1 of that won't happen as consistently as E-Con Standby Phase but when it does happen does more than a mediocre job. Plus sometimes it can act as your battle fader/gorz/fortressops. When you don't have hand traps you would die. If you have TTH and no hand traps and they go for game then at least you have another turn.

If u guys can find what to cut for it i'll test it.

IAmTheGreat    3930

The problem with TTH is you either have to set it pre-emptively before they go off, leaving it as an easy target for their S/T removal, which you would want to have dead in this match up, or you have to use it after theyve gone off and probably left you in an unfortunate position regardless.

»Tygo    14313

The problem with TTH is you either have to set it pre-emptively before they go off, leaving it as an easy target for their S/T removal, which you would want to have dead in this match up, or you have to use it after theyve gone off and probably left you in an unfortunate position regardless.

This is my main issue with any sort of mained traps. The more dead cards they have the better. Let the MSTs and heavy crumble and die.

iFocus    311

This is my main issue with any sort of mained traps. The more dead cards they have the better. Let the MSTs and heavy crumble and die.

then what shall i sub tth for.