iFocus    311

to me what seems to work in this matchup is soul exchanging Kycoo's to banish towers. A resolved Jday basically means play through a jowgen fate kycoo tower hall and wisdom and maybe a veiler in hand if your unlucky...

to many cards to play through...should we just attempt to main Puppet Plant...it hits kycoo, jowgen. allows for us to not get wisdomed to use the monster for a tribute. if they fate it facedown we can then soul exchange it. in the dragon matchup we take the obvious blader they will make. thats about it...and evilswarms its' castor but when will that ever happen.

dexer008    861

Kuraz seems abit redic with the new monarch search spell.

>Tribute kuraz

>kuraz and spell activate same time

>put spell chain link 2, kuraz chain link 1

> search for a new monarch, and draw 1 card. Two, if you decided to blow something up as well. 

I'm actually keen to test out the idea of a monarch deck without treeborn and using these new support.

TFJ    632

Kuraz seems abit redic with the new monarch search spell.

>Tribute kuraz
>kuraz and spell activate same time
>put spell chain link 2, kuraz chain link 1
> search for a new monarch, and draw 1 card. Two, if you decided to blow something up as well. 

I'm actually keen to test out the idea of a monarch deck without treeborn and using these new support.

End result? Draw one and give up your normal summon, plus tribute, plus use continuous spell.

If you get something that is cool. Kuraz to pop and draw doesn't look like it though (unless it involves a crazy summon loop).

iFocus    311

I've been liking the 1 duality main decked right now .. and might as well just run another one instead of the 1 mained MST. :)

that mst might seem dead sometimes but it's really needed.  u need to hit a set bts sometimes or chain to a activating tower to so the spellbook deck is shut down.

i kept in hino and subbed tth for pot of duality.

h0uSeRcHo    7

I don't know .. I'm not a huge fan of Hino really. I am running Dark Dust Spirit instead at the moment, but i might cut him or the 3rd LaDD to put in the 2nd Duality :)

iFocus    311

I don't know .. I'm not a huge fan of Hino really. I am running Dark Dust Spirit instead at the moment, but i might cut him or the 3rd LaDD to put in the 2nd Duality :)

i wasn't saying you have to run hino im saying i won't cut hino for the second duality. plus with maxing on maxx c i think there will really only be 1 time to make the most of duality which is normal swap send treeborn activate duality. your playing vs a low tier deck in which duality is good if u have soul exchange. with the way the top decks are though duality seems meh because id really want to treeborn econ...

There is another trap card which name I don't remember that slows down your opponent if you have a tribute summoned monster on the field. I think it's that they cannot xyz or synchro. Regardless I think the new support is gonna just slow down our opponents more so we can maybe be more competitive 

Edit:

Grisaille Gaol

Normal Trap Card

If you control a Tribute, Ritual, and/or Fusion Summoned monster; Neither player can Synchro or Xyz Summon, also the effects of all Xyz Monsters and Synchro Monsters currently on the field are negated, and they cannot attack (these effects are applied until the end of your opponent's next turn).

iFocus    311

seems cool. but this means monarchs have to find an entirely new tribute fodder and a way to keep up with the big 2 as well as staying consistent enough to run this trap and the 2 continuous spells.

TFJ    632

seems cool. but this means monarchs have to find an entirely new tribute fodder and a way to keep up with the big 2 as well as staying consistent enough to run this trap and the 2 continuous spells.

Or grab what you can and need (although the spell is a new build).

I don't like that the trap is not continuous, but since it isn't you can use it with treeborn still. But that won't stop a dragon from running you over.

iFocus    311

So Lithium tested Droll to which I don't side. I just think with Spellbook players playing around it I'd rather play more Spell Cancellers/Invaders or PP's in the matchup. I'm not saying the card is bad at all stopping them from a jowgen is serious.  I just hate how the matchup makes you use your hand and toss it on the table then you pray they don't have an out...

My side was diff from Lithiums but for the Spellbook Matchup I have sided...

2 EEV

1 MST

3 PP

2 Spell C

1 Invader of D

1 Fusilier Dragon

I think you literally copy and paste the same words just in a different order every time you post in this topic

• Upvote 2

iFocus    311

i guess bro.

I'm thinking of dropping my third veiler...Im trying to think what I want to put in place of it. Magician, Big Eye, Rabbit seem like the only cards to veiler that could be a problem as well as BRD for Obelisk or ASW and CBlader

i just feel like i've ben drawing veiler alot and not other cards that seem to matter more...

o another note. you guys were talking about 3 VF's mained was working out good. I just seem to always get bts in like 2 turns or blastered and i'd rather of had LaDD faceup more...

• Downvote 4

»Tygo    14313

You'd rather have LADD against BTS? Seriously... think before you post dude. 

• Upvote 1

iFocus    311

no not against bts but vs dragons...

if the vf i had gets bts and big eye'd i'm in more danger with that than ladd so i rather have ladd vs them because bts on a vf is real leaving me with soul exchange...when a treeborn kills ladd

Phaze    92

if the vf i had gets bts and big eye'd i'm in more danger with that than ladd so i rather have ladd vs them because bts on a vf is real leaving me with soul exchange...when a treeborn kills ladd

I stopped liking LADD in this deck purely because of the Big Eye/BTS thing. I'd rather have Vanity over LADD in my opening 6, mostly because I can drop it with a Swap Frog, even though it's really neggy, it'll win you the game because the opponent will have to open up with a different set of cards to counter-act the Vanity.

When going second against a Dracossack, well then both those cards are pretty ass, which is pretty tragic, because you can't answer the Dracossack while being able to drop something like Vanity, which stops them from making a comeback, so you'll be going up against that deck, with only answers to their plays, not proactive ones that you'll be trying to do throughout that game. I'll do some surfing for tribute monsters that can answer Dracossack, and prevent them from taking control in the game again.

• Downvote 1

»Tygo    14313

I stopped liking LADD in this deck purely because of the Big Eye/BTS thing. I'd rather have Vanity over LADD in my opening 6, mostly because I can drop it with a Swap Frog, even though it's really neggy, it'll win you the game because the opponent will have to open up with a different set of cards to counter-act the Vanity.

When going second against a Dracossack, well then both those cards are pretty ass, which is pretty tragic, because you can't answer the Dracossack while being able to drop something like Vanity, which stops them from making a comeback, so you'll be going up against that deck, with only answers to their plays, not proactive ones that you'll be trying to do throughout that game. I'll do some surfing for tribute monsters that can answer Dracossack, and prevent them from taking control in the game again.

"I'd rather have Vanity over LADD in my opening 6, mostly because I can drop it with a Swap Frog"

If you open swap and another frog, you can drop LADD turn one as well. Ditch frog summon swap dump ronin. Remove to summon ronin, double tribute. IF they end up killing LADD, summon swap from the grave and dump treeborn. 

Frogs 101.

• Upvote 3

autolight    5
Does anyone by any chance have a skeleton for frog monarchs? I've decided to take this deck up
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

herbie ✌    1346
3 Swap
3 Treeborn
1-2 Ronin
0-2 Tidal
0-1 Dark Dust Spirit
3 Caius
2-3 Raiza
0-2 Vanity
2-3 Light and Darkness
0-2 Obelisk
0-2 Angel O7
3 Fader
2-3 Maxx
2-3 Veiler
0-2 Trifortressops
0-2 Tragoedia
0-1 Gorz

3 Soul Exchange
3 Enemy Controller
1 Heavy Storm
1 Book of Moon
0-1 Dark hole
0-1 Monster Reborn
0-1 Avarice
0-2 MST
0-2 Lance

You'll find that if you wanna run Obelisk you kinda need the Tidal or extra Ronin, which I'm not really a fan of.
There are other tech cards out there like Jinzo/Spell Canceller which are probably better left to the side.
  • Upvote 2

TFJ    632
For the record, who is big eyeing your dragon? Sure it can happen to hinder you, but every dragon player will know that play isn't as good.
  • Upvote 3

Phaze    92

Oops, didn't think that one through properly. Will do next time.

Nevermind that, I shouldn't have posted it, I'd just rather have a Vanity out T1 if possible. Still standing by my words about the uphill battle, and that's the annoying part of playing against Dragons. It's tough to take control and stay in control. Maxx "C" and Veiler prevent you from losing that control, but only if you have any in the first place, as far as I'm aware.

TFJ    632

Oops, didn't think that one through properly. Will do next time.

Nevermind that, I shouldn't have posted it, I'd just rather have a Vanity out T1 if possible. Still standing by my words about the uphill battle, and that's the annoying part of playing against Dragons. It's tough to take control and stay in control. Maxx "C" and Veiler prevent you from losing that control, but only if you have any in the first place, as far as I'm aware.

I won't argue if you like vf turn 1. But that play is even worse if they bts big eye it, because you get completely locked out.