mbryan    88
[quote name='lin524' timestamp='1351568512' post='3315041']
so i have a regional in two weeks and i think that im gonna run this

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4O5vq.png[/img]

any thoughts?
[/quote]

-1 lance + 2 MST to put at 41. side another card of your choosing

Hellviper    1189
Honestly, I know Lance is great here. But I like MST just for the fact it saves up room in the Side. That to me makes me believe running MST > Lance is a good decision. Simple enough, but Side Deck space is huge to me.

Also, throughout the reading I noticed someone mention Battle Fader as a possible 1 of tech. I like the idea, Fader also serves the purpose of giving yourself a tribute (Saving the Lights and Darks in Grave.). Also fetching it off of Sangan (Whether it was intentional just to save the game, or to let your opponent know you have it and second guess certain plays and what not.). It is like the mentality of fetching JD off of a Wyvern in the Lightsworn builds. Even if you can't summon it. The "Fear" of it is strong enough.

But room is pretty tight, especially as far as tech choices go like this and I am just not sure if it is worth taking out something just to fit this in.

My friend Kyle Palsson topped a Regional using this as a 1 of in his Dragons and it served him quite well last format, I also topped using a 1 of Fader tech in Plants with TGU before the XYZ were released. (I know bringing this up, and in different formats / decks doesn't really mean much. But I've liked how it has worked for me in the past.).

Lang    905
I really hate Gears. Seems like anything u side, if u draw it too late/they get x searches off armor, its bleh lol.

Seems like i got Windups figured out for the most part. If i can avoid Gears/DW I am happy

ShugoGamer    13
[quote name='mbryan' timestamp='1351583675' post='3315151']

pic

any thoughts?
[/quote]

-1 lance + 2 MST to put at 41. side another card of your choosing
[/quote]
Play giga brilliant over zenmaioh

Strife    613

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4O5vq.png[/img]

any thoughts?
[/quote]

Think the only difference to that and what I'm testing atm is that I'm running Avarice over the 3rd Recharge as I've had far too many games where that 3rd Recharge is dead or I'd have to burn a monster that I actually want to use its effect. Avarice is just ridiculous in here, especially late game. Shuffling back BLS, Sorc, DAD, either of the Chaos Dragons, etc, just gives you more outs to hit. After that its just a few minor changes to the Extra deck. Still kinda want to test Honest in the main deck, but not sure what could be cut outside of maybe dropping the Maxx Cs and adding the 3rd Veiler as well, but its really just swings and roundabouts.

lin524    21
Can i ask why people dont use gravekeeper spy in this deck?, i mean you can make shock master, queen dragun, lavaval chain really fast ;/

AL13    13
[quote name='lin524' timestamp='1351621804' post='3315395']
Can i ask why people dont use gravekeeper spy in this deck?, i mean you can make shock master, queen dragun, lavaval chain really fast ;/
[/quote]

At the cost of what? Tour Guide Engine? LightSworms? Hand Traps? Sincere question without sarcasm.

lin524    21
[quote name='andrelucas13' timestamp='1351622344' post='3315404']
[/quote]

At the cost of what? Tour Guide Engine? LightSworms? Hand Traps? Sincere question without sarcasm.
[/quote]

troopers? and other stuff.

aerisfanboy    22
[/quote]

It seems a little more passive than the standard build. Once Altantean/Mermail become real decks, that build will be even less viable. As far as I know, Karakuri Geargia are already facing that problem in testing.

Sanjura    6663
the same way it beats every other deck? run the fuck over everything and hit like a mack truck, ask questions later
  • Upvote 10

Spadaro 3    1581
I will play spy when emeral and chain are legal, it will be pretty sick

wduartes    75
you should run other mons over that atum(likely an orient dragon).
About the side, im not a fan of System down, did you test it?

reggie    57
[color=#ff0000]Atum is awsome!! Comboing him for RMD and then Pulsar is so broken.[/color] [color=#ffff00]I did test System Down it was great but i had to survive that turn to use it,[/color] [color=#008000]I like nobleman better. But i wont always have nobleman for geargiarmor.[/color]

reggie    57
[color=#ff0000]Sorry man,[/color] [color=#ffff00]thats[/color] [color=#008000]my style[/color] B}
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Lang    905
I wanna extra deck 2 Fortress, but finding space is a bitch. I wanna side huge for Gears, im expecting a ton at my regs. Wanna side 3 System 2 Cydra 2 Tkr 2 Dust in for them.

Im really considering not siding for DW now. Havent seen or played against one in a monthish. I want that space so badly

2 Thunder King Raioh
2 Cydra
1 Maxx C
1 Effect Veiler
3 System Down
2 Soul Taker
2 Dust Tornado
2 Needle Ceiling

Something like that. Yeah its meh to not rly have a side for dw, but i got 0 room

wduartes    75
[quote]
[color=#FF0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Atum is awsome!! Comboing him for RMD and then Pulsar is so broken.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FF0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/quote][/size][/font][/color]
arent you winning by having 2 pulsars in field even without REDMD in grave?

=======================================================
What is your extra Lang and what is the outs/ins for geargia match-up?
I think that you are oversiding for them.

Lang    905

1 Zenmaines
1 Leviair
1 Leviathan
1 Giga Brilliant
1 Temtempo
1 Acid Golem
1 Queen Dragon Djinn
1 Utopia
1 Exa Beetle
1 Photon Bounzer
1 Gaia Dragon Thunder Dragon
2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Catastor
1 Black Rose Dragon

Took out Scrap D and Tiras, dont think ive ever summoned either this whole format. Im siding heavy for what i know i will see alot of, Windup and Gears.

reggie    57
[quote name='wduartes' timestamp='1351697676' post='3316032']
[quote]
[color=#FF0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Atum is awsome!! Comboing him for RMD and then Pulsar is so broken.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FF0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/quote][/size][/font][/color]
arent you winning by having 2 pulsars in field even without REDMD in grave?

[/quote]
[color=#ff0000]Not really but good question. So you prefer not having target for pulsar in case he has gorz,[/color] [color=#ffff00]mirror force or even if he in some way survive's the 2 pulsar's? I still say Atum is way broken, i go like this detach pulsar, sommon RMD[/color] [color=#008000]then SS pulsar by RMD effect then xyz Gaia on Atum. Having RMD and Pulsar is broken. [/color]

wduartes    75
[quote]
Not really but good question. So you prefer not having target for pulsar in case he has gorz,
[/quote]
If you read a gorz, you can go into exabeatle in mp2 to deal with it and tutor a hand trap / draw a card / just go +0 or play arround him(by no attacking).
[quote]
mirror force
[/quote]
you can just dont attack if you read mirror force and dont have Flare/REDMD in grave =/

[quote]
or even if he in some way survive's the 2 pulsar's?
[/quote]
why are you commiting 2 pulsars to the field(without a flare/REDMD) if you cant(or read that you can't) go for game that turn / break the game state? Having more LP than your opponent doesnt always mean that you are winning the duel...

EDIT: that colors...
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lux    1558
At a regional I went to last month, I did a bad kid play and put my opponent at 100 LP with like BLS pulsar darkflare, and lost that game. I was up game one so was just in a fuck it kind of mood. Lol

But yeah, part of these discussions go past deck building. We want the people we discuss shit with to use common sense. Everyone here should have the ability to formulate reads, conserve power cards, and realize gamestates. If you can't do that, there's no point in discussing anything.

And I don't really care about the colors, but for gods sake don't use yellow font. I can't read it at all.
  • Upvote 2