Indignation

Chaos Dragon - Discussion

kristya just spins back on top, you have to try and nuke their grave really to cut off agents or at least make them minus for the hyper summons, Raioh can be danced around by agents, so you kinda gotta slow roll them lest they get popped for free by Venus or plus off trooper. again gotta be careful of mst, watching whats in the GY etc. thing is they got BLS, 3 hyper and 1-2 Kristya, and 3 call of the haunted to get them back, so Bottomless may be an option too in the side.

mbryan    88
[quote name='ShugoGamer' timestamp='1353622697' post='3331284']I'm testing 3 Maxx 2 Veiler but I'm switching constantly on the ratios. I had 3 maxx 2 veiler in and played a ton of inzektors so it was really swaying me to play 3 veiler 2 maxx but I wanna see how the meta shapes up in a couple weeks.[/quote]

as much as people don't agree i say you should play 3. if you can play the card correctly its so much better than effect veiler at times. effect veilering a diva doesn't hurt that bad. a maxx c really does as now they have to make some tough decisions regarding their turn and you likely end up +1 if not more. it helps you play into your recharges. it helps make sure you don't get wind-derped too

as far as inzektors go, i feel maxx c is the better option at this point in time. we don't commit much to the board at a time unless we are going for big damage and then they play threatening roar and it doesnt pan out. maxx c lets you play the waiting game put a big trag/gorz down when they try and kill you then take them out on your next turn. call of the haunted is one of that decks best cards, and when you ask target and they say dragonfly you will be drawing 3 most likely if not more (one for call, one for fly effect, one for the exceed if they decide to go that route).

veiler can be more devastating but if your opponent has more plays behind it maxx c is the better card. veilering a a chaos sorcerer against us doesn't mean much but if you maxx c beforehand and start drawing youre in good shape. i oftentimes summon sorcerer to use the effect but never really expect to get it to work. then you follow that up with whatever else you want to do
  • Upvote 2

hmm dont think i can get to worcester now if the trains are cancelled. was thinking of trying this (think a LaDD was meant to be there), other route woulda been battle faders/caius with trip veiler, with formula synchron in extra
[img]http://i.imgur.com/r2i5K.png[/img]

Wild Tornado - destroy a face up spell or trap card. when destroyed face down, you destroy a face up card. so they go mermail megalo, discard infantry, pop your face down s/t, you wild tornado the megalo. or an extra card to deal with abyss sphere / d fissure etc. but with no calls of haunted, cut jinzos maybe for mobius and a ladd
  • Upvote 1

Soul    7942
don't really like ladd or jinzo, nor do i like that wild tornado card when you already dusts, msts, lylas and rykos. seems like complete overkill, not to mention you have maxx and anubis/vanity already for the water deck. i would just side soul drains if you are really worried about them. one of the main reasons i like caius sided with faders is because it gets rid of any pesky cards that could be hindering you, like roach, messenger, d-fiss/macro, kristya, etc. it's just really good spot removal.

caius fader were amazing that last tournie i had, just blew the field apart. yea prob go 3rd Soul drain or back to 2 needle cieling chain dissapearances or something. Yea preferred mobius to jinzo, as mobius hits fissures.

ah god i hate the drawing on DN sometimes, literally had 6 tributes in opening hand with a bajillion hand traps and tribute stuff in deck that coulda gone with it :S

silentsaiyan    271
i actually ran 2 thunder king in the main and a caius a few weeks ago when i was testing this deck...

i played against 2 mermail/atlantean decks and the results were as follow:
[list]
[*]you need to put pressure on the opponent as quick as possible getting a monster bigger than megalo is crucial
[*]Mained thunder king was just great... the guy could not get rid of it and kept setting his undines so thats really helpful
[/list]

overall the deck was working very well overall being that my lost in swiss was to mermails due to having undine+water art both games and losing to darkwold -_- but definatly the hardest matchup is mermail

Mai    50
i went undefeated in swiss and top 4 split at a box tourney. i know it's just a locals but the players i played against were decent/above average that have topped regionals and such, and i thought i'd share with you guys my small report.

chaos dragons: 2-1
dino rabbit: 2-0
top 8 geargia: 2-1

and my list:
[url="http://i.imgur.com/FM0Ck.png"]http://i.imgur.com/FM0Ck.png[/url]

i really like thunder king in the main and 3 mst. opted to take out the 3rd lyla for the 3rd mst to free up side deck space and for abyssphere/main decked macro/dimensional fissure, i also felt like i needed to cut a normal summonable monster because i was maining 2 thunder kings. messenger of peace is by far my favorite card in the side.

razoredgey.    351
Playing against Inzektors/Wind-Ups/Madolche/Mermail for the last few weeks after I sold the collection/mats and kept a Chaos Dragons.

Tskukuyomi has put in work for me. Out to TKing, resets my Rykos, dark attributed. One game someone stalled me with a Marshmellon. I drew into Tskukuyomi and specialed Darkflare with REDMD, then summoned Tskuku, flipped REDMD, flipped face up and sepcialed another Darkflare, then went into Adreus and detached to kill Marshmellon and swung for exact game.

Sean.    1358
Has anyone consider using soul exchanges and caius(es) main board?

Gives you outs, especially to cards like hyperion, kristya, makes pulsar and shining miss timing, can by pass abysslinde and can help tremendously against main deck macro and post board dfissure. And you obviously play plenty of tribute folder for soul exchange.

Idk just my two cents that I think can help on the current matter and something to think about.

Sean.    1358
Oh and you can obviously use caius for xyz material.

Benraino    27
It sounds like it could be viable, especially with Anubis/Vanity's Fiend coming in games 2 and 3. However, what would the deck look like?

I tried Call of the Haunted in here, and it was very iffy. Most of the time, it would be MST'd against before I could activate it, but when I got it off, it was pretty overwhelming. Being able to get back any of my bigger monsters, especially BLS was game ending. I guess I'll do more testing, seeing as most of my play testing was against Mermails.

The main problem I am having is that I want to fit in so many different cards like Mystical Space Typhoon, and Caius/Battle Fader. I dislike Maxx C in here, but everytime I take it out, I find myself playing decks that are weak to it.

[quote name='Benraino' timestamp='1353878916' post='3332957']
It sounds like it could be viable, especially with Anubis/Vanity's Fiend coming in games 2 and 3. However, what would the deck look like?

I tried Call of the Haunted in here, and it was very iffy. Most of the time, it would be MST'd against before I could activate it, but when I got it off, it was pretty overwhelming. Being able to get back any of my bigger monsters, especially BLS was game ending. I guess I'll do more testing, seeing as most of my play testing was against Mermails.

The main problem I am having is that I want to fit in so many different cards like Mystical Space Typhoon, and Caius/Battle Fader. I dislike Maxx C in here, but everytime I take it out, I find myself playing decks that are weak to it.
[/quote]

this is prob what i woulda ran saturday

[img]http://i.imgur.com/HXsKM.png[/img]

battle fader cuts off infantry direct attack if they have dragoons out, ready for you to caius over the top. you have to stop infantry scoring a hit and it helps.

i side 1 ryko as whilst it hits so much important stuff, at times you cant afford to set a ryko that early on and be that passive. infantry / Grapha / hornet / Hyperion so much stuff nails it, and you can caius the things most of the time. I want to main 2nd tkr but was thinking more zeks and trooper agents.
i was a bit undecided on last card, as Chain diss deals with Wattcobra/dragonfly/trooper/shineball/rabbit/tgu / diva / marksman , Vanity fiend can stop decks dead, but loses to hornet etc. Maxx c can be crucial in stopping wind ups etc, but it gets sooooo clumpy at times just sat dead in your hand. so i guess each had its pros and cons.

Imps i felt after all could be worth keeping in as you can still get shat on by darkworld and its just another insurance. What i did, when siding Vanity fiend, is just Transition Side. Side out most or all the Dragon Shit and run it like Chaos Monarch, get fast mills, then draw into all the tribute fodder.

Triple MST is borderline Staple now, Abyss sphere, factory, gates of DW, call of the haunted, literally only the mirror its useless against now in the meta to which you should see less of.

The side deck has been doing ok, feel like it could do with something else i think DECK DEV, with all the hubbub about it, is becoming increasingly more viable and a solid out for wind ups and mermail
  • Upvote 1

Lang    905
Ive been sayin 3 mst is uber xD. I was solo on that thought tho.

Anyways, what are people siding for Mermails? I feel like End of Anubis is it. I still wanna at least try Soul Drain since it can do more, but it more vulnerable

DaX    178
3 msts have been testing well. 3 lylas, 3 rykos, 3 msts should handle all the shit that rabbit sets. I've seen quite a few builds with only 2 Lylas, how's that been working for those who've tried running only two lylas?

[img]http://oi47.tinypic.com/2dbw32q.jpg[/img]

lin524    21
i still think that this deck dont should run raioh in main, i mean its good if you start and you have it in your hand but in late game is an horrible dead draw :S, im think that this deck dont should run wyvern or the third darkflare or probably assailant, we should try other stuff ldk.
  • Downvote 1

Indignation    2858

[quote name='lin524' timestamp='1354049345' post='3334317']
i still think that this deck dont should run raioh in main, i mean its good if you start and you have it in your hand but in late game is an horrible dead draw :S, im think that this deck dont should run wyvern or the third darkflare or probably assailant, we should try other stuff ldk.
[/quote]
I think u don't should be posting.
  • Upvote 5

i played 2 lyla before with not really any problems, however i would rather play 2 ryko as i said before, as its more prone to destruction. lyla can nail a backrow, then you go over the top with something else like a pulsar

Lux brought up a good point with this deck around a week ago, right before Seattle.

He told me I had to side LADD for the burn/countdown matchup.

What do the frequent users of this deck think about this?

ladd is nice against some matches, but some of the time it is just a chore to summon and you cant really develop any board when its out, or they can play round it and just nuke whatever you set up with ladd effect.

+scuzzlebutt    23484
if burn or countdown is a thing, side Ladd for sure, you kinda have to. I don't know if its as important now as it was last format tho

Bergy    788
It's a tutor-able single card that can tear apart some rogue matchups. If you're siding soul exchange as well, I'd say 100%. Otherwise, I still think it's a good idea, tbh.