IonCharge

Mind Crush

32 posts in this topic

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111020044148/yugioh/images/c/c7/MindCrushSDGU-EN-C-1E.jpg[/img]
So I've been thinking about it and this card seems pretty neat right now.
I mean, considering it beats:
[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120911215110/yugioh/images/b/bb/Geargiarmor-REDU-EN-SR-1E.png[/img]
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100723083509/yugioh/images/1/10/MachinaGearframeSDMM-EN-SR-1E.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120902012028/yugioh/images/b/b6/GearGigantX-REDU-EN-ScR-1E.png[/img]

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120623102405/yugioh/images/5/5d/WindUpFactory-TU08-EN-C-UE.png[/img][img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120203234306/yugioh/images/8/8c/WindUpShark-ORCS-EN-SR-1E.jpg[/img]

It also beats Stratos and Snoww too, along with common stuff like Duality and all the RotA cards flying around.
What's everyone's opinions on it?

I almost played it in Toronto, but it came down to this or having a card that was an actual out (prison/mirror force/soul taker etc.). It was really awesome hitting shit but it happened a lot where I'd draw it and couldn't do anything with it.

I think dark world players who stopped maining this card are stupid.

I like its sheer versatility against the meta right now:
HEROs: E-Call, ROTA, Stratos.
DW: Snoww searches, cards they bounce for Grapha, Post-Dragged Holy crap I suck at this game.
Wind-Ups: Factory, Shark
6Sam: ROTA, Smoke Signal, plays such as SS Elder, Normal Kagemusha
Geargias: Geargiarmor, Gearframe, Gear Gigant
Pot of Duality
Sangan

Plus, there are times where you can call out something such as Gorz or Maxx C so you can go for game without fear of hand traps.

[quote name='Gojira' timestamp='1347834099' post='3282201']
I think dark world players who stopped maining this card are stupid.
[/quote]
I 100% agree, I honestly win games because of this card.

[quote name='NotSoGallantGallade' timestamp='1347834207' post='3282205']
cards they bounce for Grapha
[/quote]

what

[quote name='Purple Haze' timestamp='1347833138' post='3282196']"Mind. Crush. Is. For. Pros." Ahh.. I miss those days.[/quote]
Also the times where there is literally no viable read yet when it's MST'd and you think for like 56146 years trying to make some sort of mathematical call cause in your mind that's what a pro would do.

And fail, hard.

[quote name='NotSoGallantGallade' timestamp='1347834207' post='3282205']
Plus, there are times where you can call out something such as Gorz or Maxx C so you can go for game without fear of hand traps.
[/quote]

And then your opponent can chain Maxx C, doesn't seem too brilliant to me.

[quote name='inb4rainbow' timestamp='1347838472' post='3282252']
Also the times where there is literally no viable read yet when it's MST'd and you think for like 56146 years trying to make some sort of mathematical call cause in your mind that's what a pro would do.

And fail, hard.
[/quote]

Or you can just not be bad and don't call anything and be fine with the 1 for 1 when there is no read?

[quote name='Relianah' timestamp='1347831704' post='3282179']
I almost played it in Toronto, but it came down to this or having a card that was an actual out (prison/mirror force/soul taker etc.). It was really awesome hitting shit but it happened a lot where I'd draw it and couldn't do anything with it.
[/quote]

This is my only grievance with the card right now. Things happen to fast in the meta right now, and having outs early/mid/lategame is significantly more beneficial than having the ability to break the combo early game.

It could make a good side deck option, but with how many decks are viable this format and the side deck only being 15 cards I can't seeing it being more helpful then other options.
Needle ceiling/Gozen/Hand traps for W-U, Fissure/Imp/Macro/Shadow mirror for DW, Backrow for hero's, System Down/Hand traps for Geargia builds and Gadget Builds, Gozen Match for Rabbit. etc etc

The side deck is pretty tight already and all those cards I feel help more then Mind Crush.

[quote name='MoncaiZach' timestamp='1347852057' post='3282466']
[quote name='Relianah' timestamp='1347831704' post='3282179']
[/quote]

This is my only grievance with the card right now. Things happen to fast in the meta right now, and having outs early/mid/lategame is significantly more beneficial than having the ability to break the combo early game.
[/quote]
Haven't you seen the anime? NO ONE CAN RECOVER FROM A MIND CRUSH
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kYiDso_Ws"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kYiDso_Ws[/url]

Also that moment when your opponent drops their hand or misplays and shows you a card in their hand. Or when they are cocky like "OMG i opened *certain combo with broke cards, and show you just to be a dick*, you wanna scoop?"

We have Windup, Prophecy, Mermail, Hero, DW and a whole bunch of effects that add to hand from before. Adding Fire fist and Tenki into the equasion, do you think that is a good enough reason to start running double Mind Crush in any side deck now?

Mind Crush on Megalo is kindve a blowout sometime. The ability to hit multiples against Windup is good. Pretty good versus prophecy. The thing about this card is, it requires you sometimes to call without concrete knowledge. If you're bad at that then. Meh.

Trying 2 in dragons with moderate success, vs dark world you can crush their spells they search with snow reveal with ddttg and Sam's it stops the smoke signal thing. w

Mind Crush on Megalo is kindve a blowout sometime. The ability to hit multiples against Windup is good. Pretty good versus prophecy. The thing about this card is, it requires you sometimes to call without concrete knowledge. If you're bad at that then. Meh.

in theory card could obly be played by DW because of constant hand control, decks with a lot of backrow, so they don't feel that one card that is useless on ocasion and spam decks such as hieratic to get rid of gorz/trago/maxx/veiler

at least that is how it was

I am wondering if it could see more widespread play because of the addition of fire fists who search a whole lot

i am testing 2 in side in my geargias. This far no success, I don't get it on time.

-Have them search controller off undine

-They play allure

-Mind crush controller

-T_T

-Have them search controller off undine

-They play allure

-Mind crush controller

-T_T

omfg NUTS!

Trying 2 in dragons with moderate success, vs dark world you can crush their spells they reveal with ddttg and Sam's it stops the smoke signal thing.

Who reveals spells with Dragged Down to the Grave?

And then your opponent can chain Maxx C, doesn't seem too brilliant to me.

yes

you could mind crush in their end phase and go for it next turn, he wasn't completely off with his statement

In my opinion, Mind Crush is nuts and should almost be considered a staple in almost every deck's side deck. Virtually every deck in the game now, especially Water is reliant on searches. I'm also a huge fan of the card because while it is broken, it really doesn't matter if you aren't hitting the best cards. The timing of activation of the card is so crucial, and it really just wins games all by itself.