Sign in to follow this  
Bhurt

Chaos Dragons

Bhurt    170
[center][color=#00FF00][media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRw7WNIvdiQ[/media][/color][/center][center][size=5]List 1[/size][/center][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/01Pd7.png[/img][/center][center][size=5]List 2[/size][/center][center][color=#ffa500]~28 Monsters~[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning [/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]Gorz, the Emmisary of Darkness[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]Dark Armed Dragon[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]2 Caius The Shadow Monarch[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]3 Battle Fader[/color][/center][center][color=#FFA500]Chaos Sorcerer[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]Tragoedia[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]3 Dark Flare Dragon[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]3 Lightpulsar Dragon[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]2 Effect Veiler[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]2 Tour-guide From the Underworld[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]Sangan[/color][/center][center][color=#ffa500]Night Assailant [/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]~14 Spells~[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]Heavy Storm[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]Dark Hole[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]Monster Reborn[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]2 Pot of Duality[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]2 Gold Sarcophagus[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]2 Solar Recharge[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]2 Mystical Space Typhoon[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]Charge of the Light Brigade[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]Pot of Avarice[/color][/center][center][color=#00ff00]Allure of Darkness[/color][/center]

[color=#FFFFFF]Discussion points[/color]
[color=#FFFFFF]Battle Fader - I like fader to aid me in conserving my more valuable cards to plan bigger pushes. It allows me to follow up with a Caius or sac for the Chaos dragons for some reason If I have a slow hand. I like it more than the spy engine because its a stand alone card and requires no other commitment besides just having it in your hand. it's very unexpected and late game can cause a huge momentum shift for me. It's also a monster I like to avarice back once its milled and I don't mind alluring if I'm in control of the gamestate. However, 3 might be too many so I'm consider cutting one for a eclipse wyvern to help support my DDR as well as add another light to the list.[/color]

[color=#FFFFFF]DDR - Basically helps OTK and Support Caius. It also lowers the blow that bottomless trap hole has on the deck. I can see those monsters again if for some reason they get removed. Instead of just removing any random light and dark you can strategically put things where you want. Monsters you want to see again you can banish and bring back but other support monsters you can avarice. Although, it makes their MST a little more live than normal, I see more perks than downfalls and also with some decks not even playing MST its been testing fine. its not as drastic of a choice as you might think. However, I have been debating going to 1 simply because of the discard cost. It's nice to maybe add a light from hand to grave if you need it, but sometimes I need all the cards in my hand and it makes DDR dead by not having a card to really pitch since most cards in the deck are live all the time, besides solar recharge of course.[/color]

Bhurt    170
no thats real haha Like i said in my description its one of the only cards that isnt live all the time. I cut it to 2 and ive honestly havent missed the extra one. I draw it dead now at 2. I think id rather have the board development ryko and lyla give me than just ditching them for recharge. I mean im essentially hunting for answers with recharge when ryko and lyla are answers within themselves. I like only 2

also if they are given the opportunity to float and not be attack or destroyed the next turn im able to use their effects have a mill and have trib fodder for caius.

La Flame    277
Legit reasons, can't argue. I just feel like, comboing out first is the way to win this format, and what better way to combo out first than drawing and setting up your GY early, ya know? But hey, I have yet to test the deck, so idk if 2 or 3 is optimal, just being theoretical.

emblem    1211
No Chaos Sorcerer or Card Troopers? I really think you'll miss the speed those cards can give when trying to get over monsters or trying to fill the grave. With 2 or 3 Battle Fader, you really don't even need Trag except to apply pressure early on, the thing is though, Trooper fills the grave easily enough for your other cards that you'd be applying that pressure anyway, especially if you aren't running 3 Solar Recharges, yet another grave filler. I would cut 1 Fader, 1 Trag, and 1 DDR for Chaos Sorcerer and 2 Card Troopers at least for the ability to make larger pushes rather than the ability to play defensively until you can try to set up combo pieces..

Bhurt    170
I see where youre coming from, but in all honesty it depends on the rest of my hand. Like if i open a lyla recharge with avarice or something. Ill just pitch it. I hate when avarice is dead and lyla summon on turn one seems like a very junk play to me. I think the recharge just goes through phases in the deck. In the beginning its acceleration, but if you open a slow hand besides recharge you might want to save it and try to get value from monsters. For mid and late game if you have control, something like ryko is too slow so you dump and dig for bosses. I think thats why I like 2 more. 3 just seems like im swayed in a "go" direction if i see more than one a game and that might not always be the best option. If i were playing more lightsworn monsters I would bump it to 3 just because the monsters would clog my hand after a while.

Edit: sorc is in there i just forgot to type it = P

and I want to try atleast one trooper thats what I was going to add in place of a DDR. and this version isn't really supposed to be speed. I know its a popular route but, I think this version is more steady and up my ally at the moment.

I agree with on not needing trag. Im considering cutting him. Hes really good for XYZ and he has a really large attack when i play him because I conserve a lot more now that i play fader, But i wanted to make all the monsters dark and light. thats the only reason trag made it over trooper and trooper is not in now. the only non light or dark i want to add would be trooper because he supports theme in the deck. For this reason i cant understand how people play maxx c in here. It seems so odd to me

La Flame    277
By replacing speed with you utility in cards such as Fader and Caius you are replacing one of the advantages this deck has against the opponent, which is explosiveness out the gates. How has that faired for you so far?

Bhurt    170
I like it a lot.. Like my optimal turn one play is to set a ryko and I hang on to my big guys. I love playing conservative and playing cards like duality when i have this line of defense they have to get through to dig for my game enders. sarco does this as well and fader gives me time to get the perfect setup.. Now i obviously dont waste fader on a 1900 attack from sabersarus or something. unless i have a caius to potentially eat back row, but i digress. I widdle down a lot with this deck. Caius is one of those cards that does that so well. he gets rid of problem monsters or eats backrows and most of the time becomes the highest attack monster on the board all at once. and by that point i haven't even dropped a chaos monster yet. Its a scary position to be in for the opponent.

and It still has potential to explode right out of the gate, but its just less likely. Last format I could see this otk turn 2, but this format its highly unlikely unless you draw the absolute nuts and this deck can still do that with standard chaos dragons. My friend said I play this deck like a pseudo frog monarch deck and That sounds like a good compliment considering the resilience of that deck in its prime.

I really like your reasons for running Fader but I still really like the Spies and Guard in Dragons as if they have T King or Trooper etc they can't run over them and then I get an easy Shock Master which can be game changing on its own. I took out 1 Trag and the Sarcs and added the Spies and Guard and am loving it as I also have yet another way to get Caius out as well and so many people automatically think oh hey that's Ryko that they get some damage and have that look like what really? on their faces. Although not going to lie I still prefer the more Lightsworn approach and play JD as it has been so consistent for me but I also have Spies and Guard in that and play 1 Caius.

Mitch    86
Dimensional alchemist seems good in here. Recycle faders and banished cards and he can banish stuff to help your ddrs.

Bhurt    170
Chaos I know what you mean but I don't like spy because of milling. It's doubtful I would mill all my targets but I don't like dedicating that much space to the engine. Don't get me wrong it's nice but I like fader. I'm actually considering dropping one for eclipse wyvern. Which leads to bursts comment. I have thought of alchemist but I feel wyvern would be better and I would gain more from a single wyvern than alchemist. I agree recycling faders would be cute but with the dragons it might be a little too much going on. especially since Im playing DDR too

Bhurt    170
I added another list ive been working on. Im trying to choose one for Rhode Island. Any thoughts or comments?

Helo    106
-1 Darkflare
+1 Trag

Trag is just too needed IMO.

Bhurt    170
I think it's highly overrated without maxxc so 1 seems like plenty. And there are two separate lists there. Was that fix for both? Lol