timanthony

Inzektor - Discussion

848 posts in this topic

If you can simplify versus rabbit, inzektor sword is insanely good versus them. It's not an auto loss.

This is what I am currently planning on bringing to my Regional this weekend.

--Main--
Dark Armed Dragon x1
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1
Inzektor Giga-Mantis x1
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Inzektor Hopper x1
Inzektor Centipede x3
Inzektor Dragonfly x1
Tour Guide From the Underworld x2
Sangan x1
Inzektor Hornet x1
Maxx "C" x2
Inzektor Ladybug x3

Heavy Storm x1
Dark Hole x1
Foolish Burial x1
Monster Reborn x1
Pot of Duality x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Inzektor Sword - Zektkaliber x2

Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Threatening Roar x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1
Call of the Haunted x2
Solemn Judgment x1
Solemn Warning x2

--Extra--
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger x1
Tiras, Keeper of Genesis x1
Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja x1
Inzektor Exa-Stag x1
Number 16: Shock Master x1
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn x1
Abyss Dweller x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction x1
Number 17: Leviathan Dragon x1
Number 20: Giga-Brilliant x1
Leviair the Sea Dragon x1
Temtempo the Percussion Djinn x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x1

--Side--
Effect Veiler x2
Soul Taker x1
Messenger of Peace x3
Dimensional Fissure x2
Deck Devastation Virus x1
Dust Tornado x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Rivalry of Warlords x2

Only take inzektor if you think it's going to be a good metacall, for example if your regionals isn't overflowed with macro rabbit and it's windup/FF/mermail

Seeing as how Inzektors only have one theoretical hard match out of five possible meta decks, I think I am making a good call. It is also worth pointing out that Rabbit is not an auto-lose pairing given that you do not draw garbage against godly hands, and that you side and play well.

[SPOILER]This is what I am currently planning on bringing to my Regional this weekend.

--Main--
Dark Armed Dragon x1
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1
Inzektor Giga-Mantis x1
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Inzektor Hopper x1
Inzektor Centipede x3
Inzektor Dragonfly x1
Sangan x1
Inzektor Hornet x1
Maxx "C" x2
Inzektor Ladybug x3

Heavy Storm x1
Dark Hole x1
Foolish Burial x1
Monster Reborn x1
Pot of Duality x2

Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Threatening Roar x2
Call of the Haunted x2
Solemn Judgment x1
Solemn Warning x2

--Extra--
Inzektor Exa-Stag x1
Abyss Dweller x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x1

--Side--
Effect Veiler x2
Soul Taker x1
Messenger of Peace x3
Dimensional Fissure x2
Dust Tornado x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Rivalry of Warlords x2[/SPOILER]

I'd definitely consider playing 2 copies of D Prison over the Compuls and Solemn. Never liked the interaction of Solemn with Gorz and moreover, the format makes Solemn so iffy especially with Fire Fist being introduced. I also cut DAD a while ago because of consistency but if it's working for you then by all means. Let us know how you do! Good luck.

What does Compuls do against Fire Fist? How about Agents? Oh and I hear that Water deck is quite good too. Compuls is absolutely amazing against Wind-Up and I like it against Rabbit as well but when it is far from optimal against a new deck that has already proven it is a contender and two other very explosive decks, there are better options - such as Dimensional Prison. 

Compulse is important for making plays with TGU and Inzektors just as often as spot removal making it more of a niche card in here. Breakthrough is very good in the deck though.

I finished 6-2, and placed 29th at my Regional in Stratford, CT today, which reached 242 players. I decided to pick up the Trooper engine after disappointing results from locals, and it did better than I expected.

Won against two Wind-Ups, one Hero Beat, two Mermail, one Fire Fist, and lost against one Wind-Up and one Mermail. Mermail feels like the most challenging match, even more than Rabbit, due to how consistent and fast that deck can get started. At least Wind-Up will often give me time to set up plays and defense, and Rabbit being easier to plan. Glacia and Megalo are huge fags.

Here is the list that I used. I plan to take out the DDV for the third D-Fissure, because I never drew it the entire day, and the DDV felt unnecessary when Rivalry was just as devastating without the effort. I may also like to find room for a third Rivalry in the side, as it increases your chances of winning against decks like Wind-Up astronomically. Nothing feels more satisfying that resolving it against a Magician Shark.

--Main--
Dark Armed Dragon x1
Inzektor Giga-Mantis x1
Inzektor Hopper x1
Inzektor Centipede x3
Inzektor Dragonfly x1
Sangan x1
Inzektor Hornet x1
Card Trooper x2
Maxx "C" x2
Inzektor Ladybug x3

Heavy Storm x1
Dark Hole x1
Foolish Burial x1
Monster Reborn x1
Pot of Duality x2

Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Threatening Roar x2
Call of the Haunted x3
Solemn Judgment x1
Solemn Warning x2

--Extra--
Inzektor Exa-Stag x1
Abyss Dweller x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x1

--Side--
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Effect Veiler x2
Messenger of Peace x2
Dimensional Fissure x2
Dust Tornado x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Rivalry of Warlords x2

I finished 6-2, and placed 29th at my Regional in Stratford, CT today, which reached 242 players. I decided to pick up the Trooper engine after disappointing results from locals, and it did better than I expected.

Won against two Wind-Ups, one Hero Beat, two Mermail, one Fire Fist, and lost against one Wind-Up and one Mermail. Mermail feels like the most challenging match, even more than Rabbit, due to how consistent and fast that deck can get started. At least Wind-Up will often give me time to set up plays and defense, and Rabbit being easier to plan. Glacia and Megalo are huge fags.

Here is the list that I used. I plan to take out the DDV for the third D-Fissure, because I never drew it the entire day, and the DDV felt unnecessary when Rivalry was just as devastating without the effort. I may also like to find room for a third Rivalry in the side, as it increases your chances of winning against decks like Wind-Up astronomically. Nothing feels more satisfying that resolving it against a Magician Shark.

--Main--
Dark Armed Dragon x1
Inzektor Giga-Mantis x1
Inzektor Hopper x1
Inzektor Centipede x3
Inzektor Dragonfly x1
Sangan x1
Inzektor Hornet x1
Card Trooper x2
Maxx "C" x2
Inzektor Ladybug x3

Heavy Storm x1
Dark Hole x1
Foolish Burial x1
Monster Reborn x1
Pot of Duality x2

Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Threatening Roar x2
Call of the Haunted x3
Solemn Judgment x1
Solemn Warning x2

--Extra--
Inzektor Exa-Stag x1
Abyss Dweller x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x1

--Side--
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Effect Veiler x2
Messenger of Peace x2
Dimensional Fissure x2
Dust Tornado x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Rivalry of Warlords x2

Do you feel as though Breakthrough Skill would have been better than the sided Veilers?

You realize that that is actually really awful, right?

it probably is, but i just wanted to try stuff since the matchup is awful, pop your call of the haunted and there macro and 3 set cards it's not a bad trade in

it probably is, but i just wanted to try stuff since the matchup is awful, pop your call of the haunted and there macro and 3 set cards it's not a bad trade in

I'd rather just play Armor Blast if you're trying to find something cute to destroy Macro with then.

Either way, both that and Full House are horrible card choices, and Dust Tornado does their job better.

2600 + 2600 + 2500 + 1500 = 9200

How are you guys not OTKing through Upstart with Gaia?

Also, Im playing Inzektors maining 3 Maxx C, 1 Cyber Dragon, 3 Tking and Soldier at a regional this weekend. May end up teching a Doom Dozer. Rage will probably ensue. Lol

Honestly, Cyber serves as a beatstick most of the time, and has awesome synergies with Maxx C and the Inzektor engine. It lets me spam rank 5s like a motherfucker. Or just go aggro when I have nothing else. Fuel for Soldier, too. Im playing BLS because this deck is good as fuck at supporting it and honestly, its never dead unless I Draw it in my first hand. Between the main and extra, I can drop it with no issue mid-late game and just win.

I've been maining 2 reaper, siding 2 breakthrough skill and 2 decree. And 2-0ed 3 macrorabbit players. Mostly because of reaper though.

Yeah, ive been decimating rabbit. I dont consider it a bad matchup. Breakthrough is the fucking stones.

Honestly, Cyber serves as a beatstick most of the time, and has awesome synergies with Maxx C and the Inzektor engine. It lets me spam rank 5s like a motherfucker. Or just go aggro when I have nothing else. Fuel for Soldier, too. Im playing BLS because this deck is good as fuck at supporting it and honestly, its never dead unless I Draw it in my first hand. Between the main and extra, I can drop it with no issue mid-late game and just win.

For reference, in a 40 card deck, you have a 15% chance of opening with any particular card. You oughtta be running 40, because it minimizes the number of cards between you and your hornet. Now, 1 Cydra and 3 TK gives you a 49% chance of opening with a light. I'm discounting the idea of TGU -> Brilli-ant, because wasting TGU and gimping OTK potential to generate an obvious BLS play seems terrible to me. Foolishing a light is equally bad due to the opportunity cost of not having Hornet. So, this leave an approximately 5.5% chance of opening an unsupported BLS, i'll be a little nicer and just say that 1/20 games, and not even consider that BTH/Prison hits CyDra and TK, which denies you your light. I honestly feel like BLS just isn't worth the chance of opening with a brick in your hand, especially since Inzektors can just easily flow with hornet/Centipede and get all the damage and removal they need anyway.

Tiras and Shock Master are lights, too. I usually drop one or the other every game. But yeah, i can see where itd be a winmoar card. Its just been so fucking clutch for me. I hate to play the personal preference card, but i feel like it would be detrimental to drop Soldier.

Tiras and Shock Master are lights, too. I usually drop one or the other every game. But yeah, i can see where itd be a winmoar card. Its just been so fucking clutch for me. I hate to play the personal preference card, but i feel like it would be detrimental to drop Soldier.

Tiras is a magnet for BTH/Prison. Shock is an ok counterexample, because people do have to get rid of that shit. Think of it this way: How often does BLS win you a game that you couldn't win just by playing your inzektor cards? Play a few dozen/hundred games, if BLS legitimately wins you a game that you couldn't have just Inzektored through anyway more than 1/20 times, than its doing more harm than good. If not, I'd drop it.

EDIT: BTH doesn't hit Tiras, Compulse does. And still removes it without interacting with Lights in Grave.

Fair enough. Although tiras doesnt lose to bth. Im just going to keep testing different things and see what i like i suppose. Ive been playing the current build for over a month and bls really has won me several games that other shit wouldnt have. But i suppose if i build more standard that i wouldnt be in those positions as often. Thanks man.

Tiras is a magnet for BTH/Prison. Shock is an ok counterexample, because people do have to get rid of that shit. Think of it this way: How often does BLS win you a game that you couldn't win just by playing your inzektor cards? Play a few dozen/hundred games, if BLS legitimately wins you a game that you couldn't have just Inzektored through anyway more than 1/20 times, than its doing more harm than good. If not, I'd drop it.

Tiras is unaffected by BTH lel.

Fair enough. Although tiras doesnt lose to bth. Im just going to keep testing different things and see what i like i suppose. Ive been playing the current build for over a month and bls really has won me several games that other shit wouldnt have. But i suppose if i build more standard that i wouldnt be in those positions as often. Thanks man.

yeah, i realize BTH has destroy first, I could just substitute compulse for the same argument. I stand by the "I'd drop it if it isn't relevant in > 5% of games" for BLS either way. I know BLS has a lot of power behind it, which is why I can't just say don't play it, it really just needs testing to see if it hits that sweet spot of risk/reward. and way to add nothing relevant to the discussion, Justin.

yeah, i realize BTH has destroy first, I could just substitute compulse for the same argument. I stand by the "I'd drop it if it isn't relevant in > 5% of games" for BLS either way. I know BLS has a lot of power behind it, which is why I can't just say don't play it, it really just needs testing to see if it hits that sweet spot of risk/reward. and way to add nothing relevant to the discussion, Justin.

I was just correcting you one something you got wrong? No need to pull a pojo-like move by trying to "call me out". No way was I implying that he should still be playing BLS because of Tiras. I actually don't play it, find that it takes away consistency, and it's just a "winmoar", but to each their own.

idk, "lel" connotes mockery, and you didnt even bother to weigh-in on the legitimacy of BLS, which was the topic at hand. between that, and the fact that bears himself pointed out the error in his own post, it seems as though you added nothing to the discussion.