Barron

The Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Jesus the Jew    986
They think Prokhorov is giving Kirilenko some under the table deal. He didn't just take a bit less money. He's taking 3 million instead of 10 million per year. It's gonna raise eyebrows even if it may turn out to be just that he wants to play in Brooklyn.

»Exhale    6627
yeah Kirilenko is going to get off the hook. Anyone else think Kirilenko should start since he's a great glue guy and you have many weapons offensively anyway (Williams, Johnson, Lopez) and then let Pierce be a spark plug off the bench. Pierce in theory makes the perfect 6th man atm and I feel like Pierce is humble enough to embrace the role. Of course I doubt Kidd would do this, but in theory it seems great!

I still think the Bulls and Pacers are miles ahead of the Nets, but the Eastern conference is going to be surprisingly competitive come next playoffs (Heat, Bulls, Nets, Pacers, Knicks)

»Exhale    6627
Oh! I also wanted to say that I feel like a lineup of Felton-Shumpert-MWP-Anthony-Chandler is going to be very effective next year and I hope that MWP starts because he's an EXCELLENT pick up for them as a role player. The Knicks would be starting 2 great wing defenders and Anthony and MWP can both guard 2s, 3s and 4s

Jesus the Jew    986

I think the Nets are going to be great. They have a ton of deep talent throughout their roster and got two starters to play in their bench for huge discounts (Blatche and Kirilenko).

PG D-Will/Livingston

SG Joe Johnson/Terry

SF Pierce/Kirilenko

PF KG/Blatche/Reggie Evans

C Lopez/KG

That's a lot of weapons.

JR Smith announces a knee surgery that will keep him out for 4 months literally a week after signing a 4-year contract with the Knicks. I still find it fishy that the Knicks claim to have known this. If they did, they are kinda dumb.

packdaddy    737

man kent bazemore has been tearing the summer league a new asshole. crazy he's the towel waver of the warriors squad.

Wumbologist    14202

JR Smith announces a knee surgery that will keep him out for 4 months literally a week after signing a 4-year contract with the Knicks. I still find it fishy that the Knicks claim to have known this. If they did, they are kinda dumb.

its not a 4 year deal

J.R. Smith signed a two-year deal with the Knicks, and has a player option for a third year. The deal is potentially worth nearly $18 million if he stays for all three years.
It was originally reported as a four-year deal, but that was incorrect. Smith underwent knee surgery recently but is hoping to be ready for opening night. Whether he'll start or come off the bench remains to be seen, but given his health situation, we're guessing he'll start the season back in his role of sixth man. Jul 17 - 12:05 AM

KingApollo    4

I think the Nets are going to be great. They have a ton of deep talent throughout their roster and got two starters to play in their bench for huge discounts (Blatche and Kirilenko).

PG D-Will/Livingston

SG Joe Johnson/Terry

SF Pierce/Kirilenko

PF KG/Blatche/Reggie Evans

C Lopez/KG

That's a lot of weapons.

Possibly one of the Top 4 Playoff Teams, maybe a Finals team, not likely but yeah

ATJdragon    967

miami almost didnt make it each of the past two seasons. nets have a shot. 

kidd is lucky and cursed to have such a good team on paper. talent is there but there wont be alot of wiggle room for his growing pains as a new head coach given the expectations. i dont think anyone except maybe deron will have to play 38+ minutes a night though

packdaddy    737

Jennings to Pistons, sign-and-trade, 3 years 24 mil, for Brandon Knight, Slava Kravstov, and Khris Middleton.

»orangeeyes    11863

Jennings to Pistons

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/roRQ2mNwMMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Upvote 1

Sykotic    7973

dan i remember a year or 2 ago you and a few other ppl in this thread were giving me shit for saying that westbrook is better than jennings and that jennings wasnt very good

• Upvote 1

Sykotic    7973

but really, good for the bucks, jennings is a fucking curse. he tops out as a productive bench scorer and backup ball-handler on a playoff team

• Upvote 1

Dominator    1518

he's the most over rated player in the nba.  he's a terrible defender, below avg passer, high volume shooter, that shoots a terrible percentage.

»orangeeyes    11863

dan i remember a year or 2 ago you and a few other ppl in this thread were giving me shit for saying that westbrook is better than jennings and that jennings wasnt very good

thats not what i said

ATJdragon    967

Oden to Heat. 

On grantland: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/70297/grantland-exclusive-greg-oden-on-why-he-chose-miami

[quote]

With the Heat, Oden can afford to ease his way back into the NBA. He will have zero pressure on him, his role will basically be to block shots and dunk on people, he'll be guaranteed to compete for a championship, he’ll play alongside two of the best players of all time, he’ll pay no state income tax, and he’ll get to live in Miami. There’s also this: “The cool thing about playing for the Heat is when you’re LeBron’s teammate and you screw up, nobody gets mad at you for missing a shot or turning the ball over — they get mad at LeBron for passing to you in the first place,” Oden joked.

[/quote]
i lol'd
  • Upvote 2