neptune

Dino Rabbit - Discussion

lin524    21
Maybe is a dumb question but for those builds that use reaper, why should be still use night assailant?, i mean i know that is a second target for your guide but stil i really hate draw that card :/

Joe.    4932
That match was very frustrating. Game one I drew very subpar, which is fine, it happens. If he didn't draw the Undine late in the game I still had time to stabilize. And if that Macro sticks I think I might have been able to stabilize behind the one monster I drew that game - Kabazauls.

Game two was a joke. He drew Warning the turn after it was blatantly obvious he didn't have one set. I just got a Guaiba over his Marksman with two backrows, meaning he didn't have Solemn set. So on the following turn I more than confident to summon Reaper into Force/Torrent since I had Road, but of course, he drew Warning for turn with Torrent.

But I am still in a reasonable position. But he draws Linde on the perfect turn before blind Spacing the Warning I had for it. Then tips it off with an Undine with four waters/Moulin in hand when I still was in control with Gagaga Cowboym, Sabersaurus and Lance to his Megalo, Gozen and card in hand.

I beat four other Water decks that weekend. The YGO gods were just not on my side that match.
  • Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

lin524    21
[quote name='Captain Sure.' timestamp='1353639884' post='3331444']
That match was very frustrating. Game one I drew very subpar, which is fine, it happens. If he didn't draw the Undine late in the game I still had time to stabilize. And if that Macro sticks I think I might have been able to stabilize behind the one monster I drew that game - Kabazauls.

Game two was a joke. He drew Warning the turn after it was blatantly obvious he didn't have one set. I just got a Guaiba over his Marksman with two backrows, meaning he didn't have Solemn set. So on the following turn I more than confident to summon Reaper into Force/Torrent since I had Road, but of course, he drew Warning for turn with Torrent.

But I am still in a reasonable position. But he draws Linde on the perfect turn before blind Spacing the Warning I had for it. Then tips it off with an Undine with four waters/Moulin in hand when I still was in control with Gagaga Cowboym, Sabersaurus and Lance to his Megalo, Gozen and card in hand.

I beat four other Water decks that weekend. The YGO gods were just not on my side that match.
[/quote]

So after the results of this event mr Joe, what kind of changes do you think that are needed in this deck?.
  • Upvote 2

Gredinus    268
Im new to playing rabbit and I was wondering what you side in and out against certian decks (with Joes build for example).
A link to a quality article or post would also be nice.

Rated "R"    2
[quote name='Ndgz' timestamp='1353688678' post='3331719']
To everyone: Fiendish Chain or Compulse?
[/quote]

Depends on how much room you have, but I would go both. 2 chain/1 CED has been working nicely for me.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mza2M    3
[/quote]

Imo Chain>Compulse for the nice synergy with Guaiba but honestly neither of them is nescessary.

silentsaiyan    271
[quote name='Seerus' timestamp='1353639367' post='3331432']
[quote name='silentsaiyan' timestamp='1353625060' post='3331315']
considering that he blind mst the right cards im saying that even a man who knows rabbit inside out can still lose to a deck that is supposed easy??

i mean im saying that everyone who says that macro rabbit is supposed to beat this deck 9 out of 10 are wrong

when the player has outs to everything like they should in a matchup that is horrible ppl shouldnt stating that they beat the deck all the time becuz reality is it doesnt
[/quote]

So when the scales tip in your opponent's favor heavily and you draw mediocre hands you should worry about the matchup? No shit. I personally watched those games at the event and they were stupid. This deck [u][i]does[/i][/u] actually beat that deck a lot of the time if you don't draw shit or play poorly. I really don't see how one heavily luck influenced feature means that matchup isn't good.
[/quote]

i never said it doesnt beat the deck

i mean thats why ppl are opting to play macro rabbit becuz its SUPPOSED to wreck the mermail matchup i am just sayin that you cant go on and bragging how this deck utterly destroys that match up

if rabbit opens subpar and mermails open subpar who in later grind game is going to win?? just because you have macro wont win you the game alone they are eventually going to draw the mst or solemn the macros in Joe's case and if you dont have a dollka on field it just makes the matchup that much harder to win

Ndgz    100
I had a terrible day playtesting, and I am thinking about going back to the Vanity's Emptiness/Fiendish Chain/Safe Zone trio.
I have no problem with setting up, it's just a problem with preventing my opponents explosions, as they usually pull out something bigger than a Laggia. Laggia + Emptiness seems good.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

silentsaiyan    271
[quote name='Mza2M' timestamp='1353697524' post='3331779']
[/quote]

Imo Chain>Compulse for the nice synergy with Guaiba but honestly neither of them is nescessary.
[/quote]

i would play fiendish chain as well... if ur running macro you cant really run veiler since it will conflict but if you want to stop monster effects than fiendish chain is ur substitute
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

L0rdAceX    57
Relevant meme for Dino Rabbit:
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img526/6277/44941jpkhpvcp4rmmrun.jpg[/img]
  • Upvote 46
  • Downvote 2

Naythin    4650
[quote name='silentsaiyan' timestamp='1353727763' post='3332039']
[/quote]

[/quote]

i would play fiendish chain as well... if ur running macro you cant really run veiler since it will conflict but if you want to stop monster effects than fiendish chain is ur substitute
[/quote]

Everything you say is either painfully obvious or just horrible.

As for the original question, I think Compulse is starting to be fairly lackluster in the current meta as (in my opinion) Water and Agents are the deck to beat. Followed by Wind-Ups, then Rabbit, then Inzektors/Geargia/everything else. Compulse is bad against the two best decks and while Fiendish chain isn't too much better, I think it is substantially better in those matchups than Compulse is. As mentioned before, Fiendish Chain also has amazing synergy with Guiba. Currently I'm running 2 Fiendish Chains and 1 Compulse.

Right now, I'm starting to really like Safe Zone in this deck. Safe Zone + Dolkka is like too good. It punishes blind MSTs by your opponent leaving them with a -1 that Rabbit can easily capitalize one. Also, with decks with free destruction effects running around like Agents, Inzektors, or Water, being chainable on their monster makes it huge.
  • Upvote 2

Ndgz    100
[quote name='Naythin' timestamp='1353799421' post='3332514'][quote name='silentsaiyan' timestamp='1353727763' post='3332039']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As for the original question, I think Compulse is starting to be fairly lackluster in the current meta as (in my opinion) Water and Agents are the deck to beat. Followed by Wind-Ups, then Rabbit, then Inzektors/Geargia/everything else. Compulse is bad against the two best decks and while Fiendish chain isn't too much better, I think it is substantially better in those matchups than Compulse is. As mentioned before, Fiendish Chain also has amazing synergy with Guiba. Currently I'm running 2 Fiendish Chains and 1 Compulse.

Right now, I'm starting to really like Safe Zone in this deck. Safe Zone + Dolkka is like too good. It punishes blind MSTs by your opponent leaving them with a -1 that Rabbit can easily capitalize one. Also, with decks with free destruction effects running around like Agents, Inzektors, or Water, being chainable on their monster makes it huge.[/quote]

I agree, that's why I had such a terrible day the other day playtesting. Both chain and Compulse seemed so vanilla (pun intended) and I wish I was allowed to run 4 safe zone, lol. I really suggest testing out Vanity's Emptinesss. It would be nice to see multiple people testing out an idea for the contribution of this thread and deck. Oh, that and Miniaturize. Victor mentioned it a while back and I think it's time.

kidrock    233
friend of mine top
[quote name='Ndgz' timestamp='1353808781' post='3332583']
[quote name='Naythin' timestamp='1353799421' post='3332514'][quote name='silentsaiyan' timestamp='1353727763' post='3332039']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right now, I'm starting to really like Safe Zone in this deck. Safe Zone + Dolkka is like too good. It punishes blind MSTs by your opponent leaving them with a -1 that Rabbit can easily capitalize one. Also, with decks with free destruction effects running around like Agents, Inzektors, or Water, being chainable on their monster makes it huge.[/quote]

I agree, that's why I had such a terrible day the other day playtesting. Both chain and Compulse seemed so vanilla (pun intended) and I wish I was allowed to run 4 safe zone, lol. I really suggest testing out Vanity's Emptinesss. It would be nice to see multiple people testing out an idea for the contribution of this thread and deck. Oh, that and Miniaturize. Victor mentioned it a while back and I think it's time.
[/quote]

friend of mine topped a regional a couple weeks ago. he sided 2 emptiness. he said they were good.
  • Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I always really liked playing Vanity's Emptiness in this deck.[/font]

L0rdAceX    57
And the Vanity's Emptiness and Macro Cosmos special summon lock is also pretty nifty and easy to pull off. Also if you guys want more Rabbit memes, there are plenty on facebook that I could post xD

+Urthor    10200
Such great analysis here
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

d3monized    106
Debating whether or not to main Torrential.
Would Fiendish be better call to main?

lin524    21
[quote name='Burn After Rolling' timestamp='1353829480' post='3332746']
Debating whether or not to main Torrential.
Would Fiendish be better call to main?
[/quote]

I tested the deck vs geargia, agent and other stuff, torrential always was good, then i try to use compulsory and fiendish chain, between them fiendish was better, negating geargiarmor, venus, tour guide and attack with guaiba was amazing lol, right now i dont know if still using joes giorlando exact build or try to use fiendish :/

lin524    21
[quote name='Burn After Rolling' timestamp='1353869565' post='3332893']
Could Fiendish replace Bottomless or even Prison?
[/quote]

No, bottomless and prison are still good imo, you can try drop book of moon and other stuff.

»neptune    3789
As much as I was against book of moon, it is still the 4th lance of the deck. It can still stop attacks, xyz/synchro/power plays, and best of all its the book guaiba uses to devour his foes when he doesn't have his trusty lance on him.

the legend of jurrac guaiba and the forbidden lance.
  • Upvote 2