infinite

Psycho-pass

»infinite    2317
Some shit yall niggas might like

[b]Premise[/b]

[quote]
In a future with the technology to scan and analyze the psychology and personality of a person in an instant, the worth of one's soul is measured and recorded as a systemetic set of values - that is a person's 'Psycho-Pass'.

To protect and uphold the illusion of a utopian society, the Ministry of Welfare's Public Safety Bureau employs this system against those who are deemed by the system to have a high criminality coefficient, and locks them away.

To fight actual crime that slips through the cracks, those potential criminals found suitable are offered positions as crime Enforcers instead - after all it takes a mind capable of understanding a criminal to catch one. Inspectors are chosen from the elites of society to monitor and lead these Enforcers - the system's leash on these necessary but untrustworthy hounds.

This is the story of the men and women of the Criminal Investigation Department, and their pursuit of justice...
[/quote]

[img]http://i.minus.com/ibwhZGVOjE3U4j.jpg[/img]

[b]Trailer[/b]
[spoiler][url="http://youtu.be/b_A_wsT5WQE"]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b_A_wsT5WQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/url][/spoiler]

2 episodes are out already. I think it has potential

HououinKyouma    815
This series has such massive potential. I have really enjoyed all of the Urobutcher's work so far, and so far Psychopass is no exception. Both episodes were pretty decent so far, hope it stays the course throughout the series.

»infinite    2317
[quote name='HououinKyouma' timestamp='1350608758' post='3306609']
This series has such massive potential. I have really enjoyed all of the Urobutcher's work so far, and so far Psychopass is no exception. Both episodes were pretty decent so far, hope it stays the course throughout the series.
[/quote]
But I hated fucking Guilty Crown (he worked on that too right?) I hope this doesn't end up like that it doesn't seem like it will though.
  • Upvote 2

HououinKyouma    815
[quote name='Infinite' timestamp='1350608841' post='3306611']
But I hated fucking Guilty Crown (he worked on that too right?) I hope this doesn't end up like that it doesn't seem like it will though.
[/quote]
Nope, Urobuchi didn't work on Guilty Crown, he did do Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, Phantom Requiem for a Phantom, and Blassreiter though. I haven't watched Blassreiter or Phantom yet, but I heard they were good. I also really loved Zero and Madoka though.

PsyKnz    195
That premise! It's like that shit Tom Cruise movie but on fucking speed. Massive potential.

Miss Click    2475
[quote name='Dark Cloud' timestamp='1350708125' post='3307388']
It's on my to-watch list.
[/quote]

Same. I keep meaning to watch this but stuff keeps getting in the way.

Really excited to see this stuff.

Miss Click    2475
Pardon for the double-posting. Finally fucking saw this, just went through all three episodes and I'm so glad I did because of this absolute gem of nothing but YES!!! [spoiler][img]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560582_381353038610471_926712794_n.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

ozy    724

Kind of surprised this isn't being talked about more. The second half of it has heated up and connected the seemingly miscellaneous plot threads from the first cour into an overarching storyline.

ozy    724

hopefully this is in crunchyroll

It is iirc. I know hs rips it, but not entirely sure if it's from cr or viz media. Pretty sure it's crunchy though.

HououinKyouma    815

Kind of disappointed with this episode. Gen claimed that this episode would be a "masterpiece," while an extremely solid episode and probably one of the series' best, the episode didn't live up to the hype. I am extremely excited where this is going however, and was surprised by all the DESPAIR in both Robo;Notes and this. [spoiler]I for one hope that Makishima's capture was part of his plan. g6Lyq0s.jpg[spoiler]Also RIP Kagari. It was a sad moment when you were Dominator'ed by weird Cyborg boss.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

ozy    724

I am very excited with where it's going, it's currently my second favorite show I'm watching behind Sakurasou. Hadn't read where Urobuchi (sp?) said this ep would be a masterpiece, so no disappointment on my end lol. These last two episodes have been quite good, and I really enjoy the dystopianish nature it's exploring.

HououinKyouma    815

I am very excited with where it's going, it's currently my second favorite show I'm watching behind Sakurasou. Hadn't read where Urobuchi (sp?) said this ep would be a masterpiece, so no disappointment on my end lol. These last two episodes have been quite good, and I really enjoy the dystopianish nature it's exploring.

IIRC it was from the Urobutcher's twitter a few weeks back, but I am really pumped for where this will go. It might not be Madoka or Fate/Zero currently, but if the rest of the second cour is as solid as the last couple episodes, I have faith that it will be a pretty solid series.

Adept    1230

I'm really liking how this turned out.

HououinKyouma    815

it was very good. a nice change from the usual shit pumped out

I think that it was made even better since 2012 was weak and 2013 has been pretty weak. However, the Urobutcher managed to save himself after the first cour was relatively weak and managed to end the series pretty well. Although Psychopass was not as strong as Fate/Zero or Madoka, I'm glad that Urobuchi stuck to the type of storytelling that he does best and Production IG produced it decently well (aside from some pretty annoying animation flaws and QUALITY). Overall I was really happy with it and the 22+ weeks that I stuck with it didn't feel wasted.

• Upvote 1

ozy    724

Definitely agree with the above. The first cour was weak episodic villain of the week stuff (that admittedly did some necessary world building). The second cour was pretty good imo, but again the very weak winter season definitely helped it too. I'd probably say it ended up being my favorite show from fall or winter season, although Sakurasou and Zetsuen have both made pushes they've also both had larger setbacks.

Now just time to wait another week or so for Urobuchi's next show.

HououinKyouma    815

I kinda dropped this show a while ago. Does it get any better? 

One of the best of 2012 so yea. 1st cour was average, 2nd cour was pretty good.

HououinKyouma    815

tbh i dropped it cause it was too csi for me

It stops being case of the week during the 2nd cour, however as ozymandias said the case of the week stuff was pretty important for filling out the world.

»infinite    2317

So Pyscho-Pass is returning with a movie and a second season. The movie is not an abridged version of the first season.

• Upvote 3

+Urthor    10227

The movie is not an abridged version of the first season.

Um does this really happen often in Anime?  Fate/Stay I thought was the exception because night was terrible, so they jumped studios