Donnie

Prophecy/Spellbook - Discussion

so how does the deck win

If you want im playing the deck right now on DN so you can watch me play it, but if you don't feel like it the deck basically wins by resolving judgment and playing secrets, master, star hall, tower or power to build up spell counts. Then you hit the end phase and search a shit ton of spellbook cards while special summoning either jowgen or kycoo to lock the game, or another magician if youre hand isnt that good. You should also have a live spellbook of fate set at all times and should be constantly reusing it with tower. It wins through sheer advantage.

Max    430

what's your DN name ?

Mitch    86

so how does the deck win

Have you been living under a rock?
  • Downvote 7

yea.  I'm really bored and stuck in the house for a few days.  if someone could find it, or provide me some sort of list, that'd be fantastic.

if you're bored, why wouldn't you just find a decklist yourself?

Max    430

yea.  I'm really bored and stuck in the house for a few days.  if someone could find it, or provide me some sort of list, that'd be fantastic.

I've found several.  I'm looking for the specific one.  rolling with the one he gave me for the time being.  anyone who knows me knows that this is really my kind of deck ;P!  it's kind of frustrating that I'm so god awful with it currently, tho.

»Jeff Jones    13262

Show some more respect
  • Upvote 1

Max    430

rofl Jeff :P!

+Urthor    10234

Get on his dick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

»Pharaoh Atem    15772
You know, there is such a thing as "old person privileges" here on DG

you generally have to have been here about as long as I have to get them
  • Upvote 1

Max    430

who you callin' old, young'n ? ;]

Edit:  I need a sideboard, a dueling partner, and a clue.

• Upvote 1

»TS Fearless    7068

Max helped me build a deck that got me 2nd at a Regional and really launched my career, landing me a spot on a team that really helped me grow as a player so I probably owe most if not all of my success to him and he deserves respect. But that post still doesn't fly, he knows how to find deck lists and if anyone else would've posted the same thing they would've gotten negged to oblivion. That's obviously how DGz works but it's definitely not one of the site's better features.

• Upvote 4

Max    430

you don't owe all of your success to me that's ridiculous -_-; but thanks!  and seriously tho, I'm trying to find it and I still can't.  I get loads and loads of random other 'top 2 spellbook' decks.

• Upvote 2

+Urthor    10234

Max if you're picking this format up for fun on DN I would really play Edragons.  

Just post your DN already, half the forum will jump on and help you.

• Upvote 1

»Jeff Jones    13262

Or you could just not play ygo for 3 weeks and then play under the new forbidden/limited list 

• Upvote 2

+Urthor    10234

Half the site's playing 05 nationals format because the format's jank

Max Sufferidge playing Spellbook

Something not quite right about that

• Upvote 7

Max    430

Half the site's playing 05 nationals format because the format's jank

Max Sufferidge playing Spellbook

Something not quite right about that

hah!  that is NOT right.  I'm def not playing goat format tho.  my DN is Mazx

Soul    7941

don't play any hand traps in this deck. at most side the maxx "C" 's.

vonAwesome    22

The only hand trap that I'd recommend would be Effect Veiler and even then that's mainly for the option to go into a Tempest Magician against something like Countdown/Chain Burn. Even then that'd be a little un-necessary once we get Blue-Eyed Maiden.

Dubkdad1    681

I AM goat format.

ITT, a legend appears!

»orangeeyes    11863

i don't blame Max for having so many questions, no offense but this is easily the least informative deck discussion OP

it's written for people that are already very familiar with the deck

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Max    430
I read the OP and the first few pages. I figured I'd just play the deck and figure it out. Took me a couple games before I saw how it was supposed to win.

Donnie    2189
I mean you're not going to learn how to play any deck by just reading the OP, coming in and expecting to learn the format in one day is a bit delusional, this Dgz not here to babysit you.

That and this deck isn't even that hard to play to begin with.

The pre-tachyon discussion actually mentioned all the small nuances, and shit, but when I remade the thread for tachyon, I figured most serious players don't need to be told to play around droll and summon Jowgen.

There are even lists of Nat's topping builds, so I do take offense when you say this is the least informative OP, because that's just not true. I think the majority of us are done with this format, so no there are no US nats lists, but even still it's better than most all other threads.

tl; dr idk know who max is.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Max    430
Lol@ I can't learn a format in a day. You dunno me, I can CREATE a format in a day -_-;

Edit: [/justjokinimnotjokinjustjokinimnotjokin]
  • Upvote 8