Donnie

Prophecy/Spellbook - Discussion

Jmanganoo    3

Hey guys, i use the crescent build. I am however getting problems with LaDD any suggestions on what i should main deck for it? Thought about book of eclipse and forbidden chalice but if i use them in the main then i wont have active crescents in a sense :/ 

Spadaro 3    1581

I've been maining Torrentials and Fiendish Chains with triple Effect Veilers, just something about giving up 1/4-1/2 of my life with such a passive deck at times doesn't sit right with me.

I personally haven't like Warning so I've dropped it. I'm a little iffy with Solemn Judgment at the moment, but so far I really haven't had any problems with it. I completely agree with you though on not wanting to give up so much LP. 

Solemn judgment is the absolute nuts in this deck, its basically your safety net if anything to do with your lock goes wrong. I've also single-handedly lost games in the mirror to sj, i would never cut it

JJ Snatch    118

Hey guys, i use the crescent build. I am however getting problems with LaDD any suggestions on what i should main deck for it? Thought about book of eclipse and forbidden chalice but if i use them in the main then i wont have active crescents in a sense :/ 

Keep revealing Priestess?

I've been maining Torrentials and Fiendish Chains with triple Effect Veilers, just something about giving up 1/4-1/2 of my life with such a passive deck at times doesn't sit right with me.

I personally haven't like Warning so I've dropped it. I'm a little iffy with Solemn Judgment at the moment, but so far I really haven't had any problems with it. I completely agree with you though on not wanting to give up so much LP. 

Solemn judgment is the absolute nuts in this deck, its basically your safety net if anything to do with your lock goes wrong. I've also single-handedly lost games in the mirror to sj, i would never cut it

That's the reason I'm still using it lol.

G Λ r Ω N    5934
Well High Priestess insta outs L&DD, you can set up your Judgments and Grand Tower to do it as well if you drew the proper hand, you take a loss in hand size but you gain it all back easy with Judgment if you drew enough Spellbooks.
  • Downvote 1

».ben.    7438

Dragons still play LADD?

DarthChocoboz    292

I've been testing 1 Priestess and 3 Kycoo and its been doing great because you can search priestess so easily and if you cant search it that means you've drawn it. the only bad thing is if you draw justice but even then thats not bad either because it really helps with slow hands. 3 Kycoo has been amazing as well i havent lost an evilswarm matchup g1 today (been eev'd twice)

Lauren    510
Garon, doesn't LADD negate their activations, so they won't count for Judgement? Or is there another play I am missing out?

Lauren    510
Garon, doesn't LADD negate their activations, so they won't count for Judgement? Or is there another play I am missing out?

G Λ r Ω N    5934

Dragons still play LADD?

While Dragons should not be using it, you always have those players who are behind the times who do use it, and the card rly can steal games if you dont draw the proper cards to dispose of it without sacfricing a lot. And to be fair, he never said it was Dragons, for all we know it be could frogs or something (yes I know this deck guts it already).

G Λ r Ω N    5934
[quote name="Lauren" post="3496299" timestamp="1370022727"]Garon, doesn't LADD negate their activations, so they won't count for Judgement? Or is there another play I am missing out?[/quote] Shit you are right it does, my mistake. Stick to Tower and Priestess then.

Sqirmywurmy    744

Well if the ladd isn't turn one then u can activate anything and chain fate on it which is admittedly a minus but ladd rarely gets dealt with by one card so yeah, also if you run fiendish like garon said he did then thats a good out.

Be the dude    2
Ok so I was wrong about crescent terrible in theory pretty good in practice. I apologize, I actually really like it now. I ended up siding exchanges taking out my upstarts for 3 crescent, a second wisdom, a third master, and a second jowgen. (I was already playing 2 kycoo). But I have a question. you guys are saying how terrible priestess and justice are I almost always judgment for 3 turn 1 and go justice. I never seem to be otked by dragons, and if I have an issue i need to deal with, odds are I have a maxx c BOM, BTH, solemn, or fate to deal with it. Then once I have priestess on the board holding things down I judgement out a jowgen or a kycoo. Am I missing something I feel like priestess puts them on a clock and makes my lock much easier to sustain. am I missing something about dragons are they a consistent first turn OTK threat that I'm missing?

Edit:

I feel like If you go Jowgen or kycoo t1 theyll kill it anyway unless you have protection and if you do have protection why don't you go justice get the extra pluses including setting up your judgment play and having a big booty &*!@# to drop next turn. Edited by Be the dude

+Urthor    10229

Well if the ladd isn't turn one then u can activate anything and chain fate on it which is admittedly a minus but ladd rarely gets dealt with by one card so yeah, also if you run fiendish like garon said he did then thats a good out.

That isn't a minus at all. LADD won't resolve.  

DarthChocoboz    292

Ok so I was wrong about crescent terrible in theory pretty good in practice. I apologize, I actually really like it now. I ended up siding exchanges taking out my upstarts for 3 crescent, a second wisdom, a third master, and a second jowgen. (I was already playing 2 kycoo). But I have a question. you guys are saying how terrible priestess and justice are I almost always judgment for 3 turn 1 and go justice. I never seem to be otked by dragons, and if I have an issue i need to deal with, odds are I have a maxx c BOM, BTH, solemn, or fate to deal with it. Then once I have priestess on the board holding things down I judgement out a jowgen or a kycoo. Am I missing something I feel like priestess puts them on a clock and makes my lock much easier to sustain. am I missing something about dragons are they a consistent first turn OTK threat that I'm missing?

Edit:

I feel like If you go Jowgen or kycoo t1 theyll kill it anyway unless you have protection and if you do have protection why don't you go justice get the extra pluses including setting up your judgment play and having a big booty &*!@# to drop next turn.

Not everyone is lucky enough to open judgement day for 3 on the first turn, priestess is just a horrible draw in bad hands as you probably dont have the set up to even make it as powerful as it normally is. The card is not great against dragons as it just straight up losses to dragosack and you almost always want to go kycoo against dragons and jowgen against mermail. Priestess isn't good against evilswarm either, you pretty much only win that match with kycoo + powrs star halls and fates. This is only g1 as well it all changes Game 2 and 3. Priestess is only good against rouge and the mirror, and its not always viable in the mirror because of jowgen. Correct testing will teach you all of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Urthor    10229

Are you actually trolling?  Chain is a decentish card I'll grant you and I guess you can be side tracked by how good veiler is in the mirror into ignoring how it's actually a dead card vs chaos dragons, but everything else in that post is just cancer.  

idk what to say to this discussion.  Just wow you don't post in deck discussions if you're new and terrible at a deck and want free help for nothing.  http://ocg.xpg.jp/deck/deck_search.fcgi?DeckType=317&Flt=1 there's the collection of terrible OCG lists go frolic in there and read your YGO cards, play inf matches and learn

• Downvote 5

+Urthor    10229

If you're not judgmenting for 3 something's wrong

Yes that something is you drew a bad hand or drew a hand that allows you to play around droll and lock bird.  Judge for two to get secrets and fix your hand is far better than judge for none most of the time, thank you for joining the thread and welcome to DGz.  

If we could all judge for 4 get kycoo and field set fate and solemn/waboku t1 every time we would.  

• Upvote 4

This thread is just making me angry. Need to test out the meta to decide how I want to build this.

From what I've been exposed to, getting around big dragons that never go away is a big issue, and Kycoo is a big solution. From there, that EEV card wrecks us in g2 and g3, so there needs to be a contingency plan for that.

I imagine creating a build that sides into traps.

I am failing to see the utility in crescent, perhaps I am missing the easy way of getting it in the GY to copy with Master, or are we really talking about running a card with the sole intention of it being good if and only if we open it?

+Urthor    10229

running a card with the sole intention of it being good if and only if we open it?

And this is a problem why?

Like Lauren said, crescent seems terrible in theory-oh, actually good in practice.  If you're drawing twice per turn with inf cards in hand who cares if it is dead lategame?

Impact    3807

Lategame with Spellbook is a myth. The game is usually over by like, turn 2. Regardless. I am pretty sure I am retiring this deck. The secret side that is gaining popularity in the right circles basically make it impossible to get to Worlds with this deck. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 18

Brian Clark    430

Lategame with Spellbook is a myth. The game is usually over by like, turn 2. Regardless. I am pretty sure I am retiring this deck. The secret side that is gaining popularity in the right circles basically make it impossible to get to Worlds with this deck. 

oh my

• Upvote 3

Impact    3807

It's like Teledad vs Lightsworn in that once you learn how to beat it, it's basically impossible to lose to. Outside of the absolute nuts.

G Λ r Ω N    5934
[quote name="Urthor" post="3496451" timestamp="1370042435"][quote name="G Λ r Ω N" post="3496220" timestamp="1370018504"]I've been maining Torrentials and Fiendish Chains with triple Effect Veilers, just something about giving up 1/4-1/2 of my life with such a passive deck at times doesn't sit right with me.[/quote]   Are you actually trolling?  Chain is a decentish card I'll grant you and I guess you can be side tracked by how good veiler is in the mirror into ignoring how it's actually a dead card vs chaos dragons, but everything else in that post is just cancer.     idk what to say to this discussion.  Just wow you don't post in deck discussions if you're new and terrible at a deck and want free help for nothing.  [url=http://ocg.xpg.jp/deck/deck_search.fcgi?DeckType=317&Flt=1]http://ocg.xpg.jp/deck/deck_search.fcgi?DeckType=317&Flt=1[/url] there's the collection of terrible OCG lists go frolic in there and read your YGO cards, play inf matches and learn, don't post here about how good you absolutely have to run upstart goblin and crescent in the same deck.[/quote] Veiler isn't dead vs Dragons at all though.