rei

Uncomfortable truths

+scuzzlebutt    23500
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1352992216' post='3325925']
[quote name='Bazoo' timestamp='1352990937' post='3325916']
UT: My ex sucked as a girlfriend but I still ask how she's doing when I see her and text her about the show we watched in the hopes that she'll be like "holy shit I miss you" but then I'll be like no bitch
[/quote]
Related UT: I come across scenarios in my mind where I encounter my ex like a year from now and I like, beat up thugs because I'm ripped and cool, and shes like "woa ur pretty hot and i like fucking tall guys" and im like "we dated for four years. have a good one. Also ace is a good dog. pc"
[/quote]read this for a few minutes before seeing the "in my mind" part

+rei+    34727
UT: I'm worried that all the resentment I have towards some of my dad's fucked up tendancies are going to bite me really hard in the ass when he eventually dies. Thats far away (hes 51 and in Ironman-shape) but still, part of why I want to live alone is so we can meet on terms that aren't related to being the guy who doesn't have a degree living in his basement whos bad at cleaning his room and could solve all his problems by going to more spin classes.

LFN    3239
UT: i'm starting to get fat due to my sleeping and eating habits. i used to be a fat kid when I was like 4-10 years old before i slimmed down considerably in high school so this is kind of awkward. Unfortunately, I'm also too complacent and lazy to do anything about it. I bought a can of limited edition Chile y limon flavored pringles at a walmart on the way to YCS Seattle, brought it back home (Vancouver BC) and I just ate like half the fucking can. LOL and it's 1am

UT: i have 2 'crowns' on my head which take away from the amount of hair that i 'could' have on my head. I'll probably be bald in another 20-30 years. :L

UT: i'm pretty clueless when it comes to figuring out who's straight and who's gay. I was fairly convinced my best friend was straight until his behavior and mannerisms that implied otherwise got to the point where he was essentially hitting on me and I could no longer think of it as being anything else. We're no longer friends.
  • Downvote 4

▲Ɐ▲    3878
[quote name='LFN' timestamp='1353402811' post='3329514']
UT: i'm pretty clueless when it comes to figuring out who's straight and who's gay. I was fairly convinced my best friend was straight until his behavior and mannerisms that implied otherwise got to the point where he was essentially hitting on me and I could no longer think of it as being anything else. We're no longer friends.
[/quote]
uncomfortable truth: homophobia's an ugly trait
  • Upvote 17
  • Downvote 2

»BoraxTheLean    7119
[quote name='א∀א' timestamp='1353409819' post='3329540']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I agree, I really hate seeing this in people I care about it.

But I also see it in myself, not in the sense of hating/fearing gay people, but in the sense of I don't like people asking if I am gay.

»orangeeyes    11863
UT: I will never be able to go back in time and get more into sports early in life, get 4.0s in high school, hi5 all the teachers, lose my virginity when I'm 13, etc
  • Upvote 2

Twitter    2057
[quote name='orangeeyes' timestamp='1353429517' post='3329644']
UT: I will never be able to go back in time and get more into sports early in life, get 4.0s in high school, hi5 all the teachers, lose my virginity when I'm 13, etc
[/quote]

i think about this a little too much

»Ryu    2416
UT: i didnt know schadenfreude was nick till just now.

[/quote]
[/quote]

how is that homophobia/negworthy? suppose you realized your friend, gay or straight, was hitting on you and only interested in you in that way, and you don't like his/her advances. are you still obligated to be friends with him/her?
  • Upvote 4

▲Ɐ▲    3878
[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1353432578' post='3329674']
[/quote]
[/quote]

how is that homophobia/negworthy? suppose you realized your friend, gay or straight, was hitting on you and only interested in you in that way, and you don't like his/her advances. are you still obligated to be friends with him/her?
[/quote]
of course not, but that's not the vibe i inferred ([b]key word: 'inferred', i.e. i could be wrong[/b])
either that guy throws the term 'best friend' around too readily
or he hates the idea of dudes kissing so much he ended a 'best' friendship
  • Upvote 2

Forlum    9162
and but so often it is cruel to continue a friendship if one reveals love for the other

and it is not returned
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='א∀א' timestamp='1353436869' post='3329726']
[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1353432578' post='3329674']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
of course not, but that's not the vibe i inferred
either that guy throws the term 'best friend' around too readily
or he hates the idea of dudes kissing so much he ended a 'best' friendship
[/quote]

the first seems more plausible but then that would have nothing to do with homophobia

didn't jeff have an experience kinda like this? wonder what he thinks about it

(UT:) as a personal aside i think i recently got dumped by a friend. in hindsight i think maybe he was actually more interested in getting into my pants and/or getting a new boyfriend rather than just being friends, so he quit. too bad because he was a cool guy.

like forlin said, if someone has feelings for you and you don't, why continue? imo those friendships where one person wants a relationship but the other person doesn't, generally just don't work out, period. regardless of who "ended" the friendship.
  • Upvote 1

Bazoo    5700
you're not best friends if you wouldn't take a dick in the ass for him
  • Upvote 3

»BoraxTheLean    7119
[quote name='Bazoo' timestamp='1353449400' post='3329882']
you're not best friends if you wouldn't take a dick in the ass for him
[/quote]

No.

[i][color=#222222][font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]I'm taking a ride with my best friend[/size][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]. [/size][/font][/color][/i]
[i][color=#222222][font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]I hope he never lets me down again.[/size][/font][/color][/i]

mathematical    135
UT: i still have yet to go back to school and i told myself i just needed a semester off to get back on my feet. ive already missed a whole year and im going to not have the funds to start again in the spring. looks like ill be a 6 year student.

+scuzzlebutt    23500
ut: i'm not as good of a person as i like to think i am sometimes

nathanial swank    7456
UT: i feel like i can't ever rly connect with someone even tho i love ppl

UT: i don't think i can live a normal life
  • Upvote 2

it scares me that i dont feel like i have any polarizing ambitions in my life

Twitter    2057
UT: I feel like I wasted my chance at a more-successful life. I missed out on the chance to go to a great school just because I was too lazy, even though I knew what I had to do to get there. Now I see some of my friends at schools like MIT and Berkeley and I cant help but feel depressed a bit, especially since some of the ones who did go off to good schools are only there because they begged all of our teachers for grades and cheated through classes. I can't help but feel I missed the window to all the cool shit, so it's really been depressing me since school started. Then my mom always giving me shit for it doesn't help.

UT: I cant help but feel that some of my friends who went off to school in NY think they are better than my friends and I who stayed here in Cali just because they went out of state to a school who accepts like 65% of applicants lol.
  • Upvote 1

JCSchwarz    535
UT: I have a strange attraction to girls with kids. Started when I turned 21 with a girl that had an 8 month old son, before I turned 22 with a girl with 2 kids 4 and 5 years old, now I'm talking to someone with an 11 year old daughter. This is not to mention the girls I never dated with kids. But I feel as though I do this as if to prove to myself that I would be a better father than my own. Also, because chicks with kids are always DTF.
  • Upvote 2