Sign in to follow this  
Duo

Religion vs. Science

»Duo    1

We've had them battle on a few occasions in debate threads on DG, but never a full out 'war'.

Pheønix    0

That is a crap question. I'm a Catholic. I also believe the Earth is round (well, an oblate spheroid). See how the two can blend?

Buckethead    0

They are two interlocking topics.

Duo, my school has a database to galenet, which has this thing called "opposing viewpoints." it shows both sides of every issue.

I will send you the database url, and our schools sn and pw so you can sign on, and get your info from it. i should have it to you by monday.

HyperBeam    6

religion is the only way, its simple.

nothing last forever, unless their is a supernatural power.

thus we were never created.

If any of you have seen 'Bruce Almighty' you may understand the principle of free will. For if God showed himself or resurected the dead or sometin, then everyone would have no more free will. the choice to believe in god etc.

everyone would believe in him, but not necessarily for him.

either way, its impossible for something to have always existed including the building blocks of matter if they were never created. thus a higher power is in place. etc etc

Guest SyKoTiC   
Guest SyKoTiC

I can agree with SOME of that Hyper, but there is a good possibility that all religions are wrong. There very well may be a higher power, but there is no proof that it is one that a current religion describes.

»Liquid Snake    4567

Science makes sence religion dosn't.

One example of when religion dosn't make sence is how the bible says the Earth was created in 7 days, but without the Earth theres no such thing as a day.

Science for sure.

YamiB.    0

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

-Albert Einstein

I'm going with Al on this one.

BiPi    1032

science has little proof. it tells nothing of the whys. and yet religion does, it's so uncommon to the mind that it's rediculed other than withstanded.

therefore i say there is no answer. science is only what we think it is. a law is not a law until you know what it is. the power of religion is forever long-lasting, but it has no insight to direction.

it's every persons ability to create their own religious pathway. and that's what i've done. i've focused on reaching wisdom. it's my religious goal. peace of mind.

HyperBeam    6

if you are some supreme being, u can easily create a world in seven days, altho syko may be right as well.

seven days doesnt necessarily relate to earth days, it could be heavenly days etc.. no clue.

only way to find out 100% is too die.

Blazed    0

first religion over everything. No proof prove how people got here thats the fucking proof.

ne ways im a very strong believer in God. Im baptist catholic doesnt make sence to me but im not here to bash religions.

My take on this is God said he made man God never said what man look liked. Evolution happens yea. I dont believe we were monkeys thats a crop of shit. we may have looked like monkey and were very simular some people put on earth today still do look at alakzam.

So with that God may have made adam/eve which were the type of bones that science made and we envolved from in the bible it says nothing abotu how we got here.

For those of you who do not believe in religion I Will pray for you and you really need to belive read the bible. If you dont you will pay for it.

Guest SyKoTiC   
Guest SyKoTiC

OH NOES! NOT T3H BIBEL POWARZ!!!!1

look, science sux cuz its juss "this chemical X and this chemical Y makes this chemical that can kill you, so dont touch it"

religion is like "u cant do anythin that you want to do, cuz ur gonna suffer for eternity if u fuck ur friend's woman"

so FAK! them both. i do wut i want. and believe wut i want. when im dead, im gonna rot in the ground, or burn in hell because i didnt follow some gay rules when i was alive. does it really matter? wut iz life if u can do wut u want with it? id rather live life my way and then pay the cost. religion=suxorz.

HyperBeam    6

your body may be, but your spirit will live on, so everything you know now u will remmember.

like for e.g. me telling u this when u are being tortured.

I only read the 2nd pages and I believe that this becoming more as a personal than debate...

But I am a religion person and I believe what I choose. But I will not share it to those who wouldn't listen. :/

Unless you guys wanna learn :) (Which wouldn't happen since you guys do have freewill but may I take your freewill away for 1 day XD)

your body may be, but your spirit will live on, so everything you know now u will remmember.

like for e.g. me telling u this when u are being tortured.

ill be sure to give u a shout or 2 when ur right next to me.

Blazed    0

lol hyper your not suppose to judge. AD you do what you want when you want GJ. Trust you wont be screaming anyone name as if you choose to live this path you will only envy the christians and wish you could have a second chance.

»Duo    1

Where the fack did my speech go? I posted it here...

BiPi    1032

for you religious folk: do you find it perfectly moral (which is the underlying basis of most religions, right?) that a religious entity threatens you for doing something they call "original"? i don't know, but the idea even seems rediculous.

also, when you say you will pray for someone, what are you really trying to say? they call it -pray-er but in true sight it's like you are putting every other being that exists under you. i mean, isn't that what most of it is all about? classing beings by their belief? you may say it isn't, but it sure as HELL seems like it.

speaking of HELL, "eternal torture", huh? i can only imagine enrichening the earth as a last task would send me there. i mean really, do you REALLY believe in it or are you just afraid NOT to believe in it. i know religion is something to have beside you. something you can take with you anywhere.... but what's the use of having something you don't question at all? yah, it's nice to have that connection with people like you at a church or w/e you guys go to and that motive in your mind that your good doing will balance out the bad that will come to you. sure, it's a good thing to have. but it's unhealthy. it's virtually morbid. for some reason, one thing that sickens me the most... ever watched an awards program and the artist or w/e goes up and they thank god. you'd think for how hard they worked it wasn't "the man up there" that did the work down here. it was the artist. and that doesn't work just in awards shows, no. that is everywhere. and it's sickening. maybe it's just me. as long as it's me, that makes me a lost soul, perhaps another thing to pray for? so be it... but what does that change?