Lake of the Dead

MTG Finance Thread

I got this idea from the one in the yugioh thread.
I checked the past couple of months, and I didn't see an older post like this so I thought I would start one up.
If there is, I'm sorry if I missed it.

For those who don't know, though I am sure everyone does, this thread is to pose questions about potential deals that you may make.
(Try not to brag about ripping people off though I feel this may only be a yugioh thing)

Anyway, as I said earlier, I am a new player who is still transitioning into the game.
I was wondering what a good price is for Geist of Saint Traft? I can get four for 25 a piece.
I know the blocks won't be rotating for another year, and he is pretty good in Modern. Is this a decent price to get him at, or do you think he will go down?

argh    306
[quote name='Toon Ninja 17' timestamp='1355428807' post='3347365']
I got this idea from the one in the yugioh thread.
I checked the past couple of months, and I didn't see an older post like this so I thought I would start one up.
If there is, I'm sorry if I missed it.

For those who don't know, though I am sure everyone does, this thread is to pose questions about potential deals that you may make.
(Try not to brag about ripping people off though I feel this may only be a yugioh thing)

Anyway, as I said earlier, I am a new player who is still transitioning into the game.
I was wondering what a good price is for Geist of Saint Traft? I can get four for 25 a piece.
I know the blocks won't be rotating for another year, and he is pretty good in Modern. Is this a decent price to get him at, or do you think he will go down?
[/quote]
Yeah that's a pretty good price.

Azn_Boy    385
It'll go back down to 10-15 after rotation, but it should still be at least 25 for the remainder of standard.

Also, Thundermaw is closing in on 40, dat next Baneslayer.

wocram    1
Anyone know how I would go about getting russian tarmogoyfs? I will probably end up buying tarmogoyfs.. so they might as well be russian. Ebay has pretty much failed me, and I'm not really sure where else to look.

myself    23
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTG-Russian-Tarmogoyf-x-4-Future-Sight-Playset-Played-/251197318133?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item3a7c86e3f5&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101

a little overpriced, but its a set

Azn_Boy    385
Tarns and Mistys are like $30 each right now, so a reasonable haggling price would be like $23-25 each. And they're going to go up as Wizards is going to continue to push Modern as the fetches won't be in Modern Masters.

aurirevoir    2866
Going to pick up a few Jace AoT's tomorrow at 15 each since I think that's about as low as they're going to be while in standard. anyone agree/disagree with this?

Basic Island    609
[quote name='Aurian' timestamp='1357306014' post='3362985']
Going to pick up a few Jace AoT's tomorrow at 15 each since I think that's about as low as they're going to be while in standard. anyone agree/disagree with this?
[/quote]

yea seems fine..try to get 13 if possible if your doing cash.Cause they are 18 atm.

Genesis    451
I have 3 Deathrites atm, currently 11ish mid on tcg and only seem to be going up. Now, my question is I've been offered 2 steam vents for a Rites and Armada Wurm which seems fair...currently. Does the Deathrite stand to go up even more? Same with steamvents? I'm trying to get the full 40 shocks by the end of gatecrash but deathrite has as much importantace as a shock to me imo. Thoughts?

myself    23
itll probably take a while for steam vents to see any price rise, deathrite seems to be a pretty good investment since it sees play in modern and legacy. a friend of mine currently has like an upwards of 50.

i would try to get something other than armada wurm though, that card has dropped so hard

Azn_Boy    385
shocks will always retain a stable value, deathrite has the potential to be $20+

armada wurm will be a shit mythic after rotation

Genesis    451
Armada is preety bad, I really do wanna get rid of it, but not at the cost of my Deathrite in that deal. I think Holding on the the deathrite is smarter, and just push armada wurm on someone else. The 2 steamvents are nice but idk.

My Overgrown + Retreat for old Stomping ground, currently the deal is even. but I lack the forsite on what would happen in the future, its just seems kinda greedy to go for the old stomping ground yet down the line it could be worth alot more ._.

the reason I'm considering the deals are my priorty is to cash in on all 10 shock playsets, I just think I'm being a little impatient is all.

+Gojira    1712
There doesn't seem any real reason to go for old shocklands unless you actually like the art/collectable.

The shocklands wont go up much for a while, but deathrite isn't going anywhere but up over time.

Do you guys think grist of saint traft will be stable at its price, or go down after rotation? It's seeing some play in modern, but not much.

+Gojira    1712
[quote name='Azn_Boy' timestamp='1357493541' post='3364245']Gonna tank hard lol.[/quote] like 5-10?

What about Liliana? Seeing pretty stable play. Stick around $20? (Ofc, it might go up after gatecrash)

Azn_Boy    385
[quote name='Geralf' timestamp='1357509062' post='3364365']
[quote name='Azn_Boy' timestamp='1357493541' post='3364245']Gonna tank hard lol.[/quote] like 5-10?

What about Liliana? Seeing pretty stable play. Stick around $20? (Ofc, it might go up after gatecrash)
[/quote]
Like down to $15. Doesn't see play in Legacy, sees some play in standard, and is just barely seeing play in modern.

As for Lili, if they don't reprint her in M14 or something she'll always be above $20.

myself    23
Huntsmaster has slowly been creeping up to 25, I could see it going to 30. Other than that I've been hoarding isolated chapels in hope that they'd follow a pattern similar to woodland cemetery.

uhm, jace memory adept is up to 20