Bazoo

Elementary School Shooting

SSJ Grumpig    5620
everyone i know is saying how they wish they had been able to kill the guy themselves

i really think there's a huge problem when this is people's reaction as a whole. obviously it's too late now but this is generally the case - people want to immediately kill the killer instead of using him to understand and prevent further tragedies. this whole "sweep it under the rug, it'll go away" mentality is horrible and BAN ALL THE GUNS is only helping to perpetuate it
  • Upvote 12

Malcolm's Multi    1816
[quote name='August' timestamp='1355621598' post='3348880']
[quote name='Possible Sociopath' timestamp='1355611506' post='3348820']
[quote name='August' timestamp='1355592520' post='3348680']
[quote name='The Rain Man' timestamp='1355526191' post='3348239']
Guns dont kill people, [s]people[/s] I kill people.
[/quote]
[/quote]

i know you are trying your hardest to fit in but just shut the fuck up
[/quote]
I just posted the video because his comment reminded me of it. Didn't mean to offend anyone or anything like that. I Don't know why you think I'm trying to fit in as I'm not very active on dgz and when I am it's mostly just talking strat in the yugioh sections. Don't get me wrong, I think dgz got some really funny/interesting threads and posters but I'm not here to make new best friends or get popular. I'm actually kinda surpised that someone on dgz of all places thinks I'm trying too hard as I'm much more active and involved in other forums/comunities like 2+2. Judging on what I have seen of your posts I think you just like to be an asshole to as many people as possible. I find it ironic how you literally spend 5 times as much time as me on dgz being a dick a lot of the time. If anything it's guys like you who are trying way too hard to look cool/get noticed.
[/quote]

7/10
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

oh, now there are reports that the guy killed his mom, then took the mom's guns to the school. all the guns were legally purchased by and registered to the mom, who has no mental issues or criminal background. so doesn't look like tougher gun control wouldn't have prevented this, if someone can kill a law-abiding gun owner and use their guns. that being said maybe the mom should've taken more precautions to make sure her autistic (according to some reports) kid wouldn't be able to access the guns?

»ACP    33422
I thought this was an interesting perspective, although I don't entirely agree: "You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine?

Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
  • Upvote 24

+scuzzlebutt    23500
I am a Christian and I think that mike huckandndksfaggot thing is disgusting

I am posting from my phone and fuck everything
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Canadian    701
[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1355604322' post='3348761']
i agree with that gun access make it easier for a deranged individual to kill others, and on this the principle of gun control is sound. but assume that where a guy could kill 20 ppl with a gun, he would "only" be able to kill 10 ppl with a knife, bomb, or car. would the problem only be half as bad? i think at that point we'd still have a serious problem, and it wouldn't be solvable by tougher knife/bomb/car control
[/quote]

This this this.

I don't think the weapons are solely to blame, although I certainly agree that restrictions would really help. I have no idea if this will ever happen or how they would go about doing it (try to figure that one out), but I hope eventually something does change, for the better.

The other side is the psychological aspect. This is the real problem in my opinion which a banning of guns would not change. It is the reason why even in places without weapons there are still murders. Some will say that it is the media's fault (which it could partially be) and some may say it is how the person is raised (how they learn about life, religion, mental disorders, etc..). Ultimately, it is hard to tell. Nobody fully understands why humans do what they do, and psychological research has only come so far.

One thing I can say for sure is that whatever is happening right now, it is not right, and something should be done before more senseless death arises.

»orangeeyes    11863
[quote name='Allenpennington' timestamp='1355645015' post='3349097']
I thought this was an interesting perspective, although I don't entirely agree: "You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine?

Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
[/quote]
I wanted to post something like this but never got around to it. I completely agree. They should stop making these sick fucks "infamous."
  • Upvote 4

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/westboro-baptist-church-picket-connecticut-school-shooting_n_2312186.html

"God sent the shooter" Really? Fuck these people.

IamPro    13
[quote name='Black Paladin' timestamp='1355699911' post='3349410']
[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/westboro-baptist-church-picket-connecticut-school-shooting_n_2312186.html"]http://www.huffingto..._n_2312186.html[/url]

[/quote]
Words can't not express what i am feeling right now

Ammit    5159
[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1355632400' post='3348992']
oh, now there are reports that the guy killed his mom, then took the mom's guns to the school. all the guns were legally purchased by and registered to the mom, who has no mental issues or criminal background. so doesn't look like tougher gun control wouldn't have prevented this, if someone can kill a law-abiding gun owner and use their guns. that being said maybe the mom should've taken more precautions to make sure her autistic (according to some reports) kid wouldn't be able to access the guns?
[/quote]
I think I have a problem with the fact that someone ins suburban Connecticut had 2 semi auto pistols as a semi auto assault rifle. It makes zero sense to me why anyone in that area of the country would need access to those kinds of guns in particular.

[quote name='IamPro' timestamp='1355703638' post='3349436']
[quote name='Black Paladin' timestamp='1355699911' post='3349410']
[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/westboro-baptist-church-picket-connecticut-school-shooting_n_2312186.html"]http://www.huffingto..._n_2312186.html[/url]

[/quote]
Words can't not express what i am feeling right now
[/quote]

mate you think that is bad?

[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/ultimatebuffalo/dumbasschristians_zps61d13a48.jpg[/img]

this man is not a bad christian, but an abhorrent, heinous despicable human being who does not deserve the life he believes god gave him.
in fact he is not even human, just a disgusting monster.

[img]http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/This+is+not+Christian+this+is+psychopathic+_9f9c59e96dca12ecc7076374a9aebcab.jpg[/img]
  • Upvote 2

ZXtheD    272
The Westboro people have been doing this kind of thing for a while. Sometimes I think that they do this dumb and inconsiderate shit for attention. It's like they're constantly being assholes in order to stay relevant and in the spotlight.

»orangeeyes    11863
[quote name='Ammit' timestamp='1355704379' post='3349442']
[/quote]
I think I have a problem with the fact that someone ins suburban Connecticut had 2 semi auto pistols as a semi auto assault rifle. It makes zero sense to me why anyone in that area of the country would need access to those kinds of guns in particular.
[/quote]
I have a lot of problems with this post.

So is it okay for someone in inner-city Detroit to have guns, but not for people in safe areas to have guns? Maybe people in affluent suburbs want to protect against home invasions. That's not unreasonable.

I know you aren't blaming the mother for having guns, but it kind of sounds like you are. If anything, blame her for the fact that the guy knew where her guns were...not for the fact that she has them in the first place.
  • Upvote 3

[/quote]
[/quote]

well she lived in a big house mostly by herself and felt it made her a prime target for burglaries/home invasions. idk if its true but it very well could've been. i remember there was this other mother with a baby, and shortly after her husband died she was targeted by a home invasion. the robbers figured that without her man around she'd be an easy target, but in that case she was able to successfully defend herself and her baby with a gun. not to make any judgment on the "woman needs a man to protect her", but it seems like a lot of criminals think its true, and view women as easy targets when they don't have a man around.

Ammit    5159
[quote name='orangeeyes' timestamp='1355705995' post='3349463']
[/quote]
[/quote]
I have a lot of problems with this post.

So is it okay for someone in inner-city Detroit to have guns, but not for people in safe areas to have guns? Maybe people in affluent suburbs want to protect against home invasions. That's not unreasonable.

I know you aren't blaming the mother for having guns, but it kind of sounds like you are. If anything, blame her for the fact that the guy knew where her guns were...not for the fact that she has them in the first place.
[/quote]
I'm not blaming her for having guns so much as the fact that people shouldn't be allowed to have the kinds of guns she had or as many of them as she did, unless it's absolutely necessary. Like I'm going to be suspect of anyone who says they bought a fucking assault rifle for "home protection"
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1355716860' post='3349699']
what do you know about home protection?
[/quote]
you prolly don't need an assault rifle for that

on this subject, is there a law against booby trapping your house?

Akeem    302
why are we talking about gun control? Isn't the real problem how we view violence in America. Not to sound like an over-protected mother but don't you think as a society we don't educate people enough about the role of violence in our daily lives and how it's not a great way to exert any frustrations out and that there are better ways to do it? You know mental cognition? Idk I'm just saying

And by violence I mean the influence such as Call of Duty on XBOX, commercials, movies, the media talking about how such event is greater than the other...

[quote name='Eжiled' timestamp='1355717217' post='3349702']
[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1355716860' post='3349699']
what do you know about home protection?
[/quote]
you prolly don't need an assault rifle for that

on this subject, is there a law against booby trapping your house?
[/quote]

i'm no expert on home protection but what i take issue with is when ppl who don't know about home protection (which i'm assuming describes all of us) try to dictate what other people should or shouldn't do when it comes to their own personal security. for starters suppose you're a woman living alone in a big house, with a relatively long police response time. you think there's a chance that 3 or so guys with handguns might break in (certainly not unprecedented) to rob you or worse

would you feel one woman with a handgun (you) is protected enough against 3 guys with handguns (assuming they aren't breaking in with body armor or more powerful guns)? is it unreasonable to want a more powerful gun in such a situation? i'm not going to recommend for or against having a more powerful gun cuz it's not my place to judge. though by all means such a gun owner should take a lot of steps to ensure that their gun doesn't fall into the hands of children or the criminally inclined.

on booby trapping the house, i believe there are some laws against that. number one it's very likely that you accidentally set them off on yourself (which in itself makes it a pretty bad option for home security), or maybe some guest/family member comes in who you forgot to inform, or some nonviolent accidental trespasser sets them off. "attractive nuisance" has also been an issue. some years back at a local high school, some kids climbed onto the roof of the gym at night even though they weren't supposed to. the roof collapsed and they fell through and got injured. they successfully sued out school district for millions of dollars arguing the gym was an "attractive nuisance" and even though they weren't supposed to be climbing on the roof, the school was still responsible for building a roof that wouldn't collapse under the weight of ppl.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would actually suggest the person would invest in better security although for some reason I feel that security in general is non existant in the us

I sorta see things this way. the person owning an assault rifle is more likely to put other people in danger rather than use it to protect and I'd question the person's capability of handling an assault rifle in the first place, especially using it in confined spaces
  • Upvote 1

yeah, valid points. i would like to see data though to answer if a legally registered assault rifle is more likely to be used in home protection vs in an accidental shooting, or being taken away and used by a criminal (i don't know the answer to this). wasn't there another mass shooting where the shooter stole the gun from a legal owner?

a number of home security services (brinks etc) have a bad reputation for false alarms and misplaced 911 calls

razoredgey.    355
[b]Warning graphic image.[/b]
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/Rvy1v.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

You cannot be fucking serious.