atem16

Wybuster and Collapserpent

98 posts in this topic

um, no, they don't serve different purposes at all, they're completely like tengu and like windup rabbit as a means of putting early to midgame pressure on the opponent by just attacking and making them deal with your 17/1800 floater guy. also paranoid ur a fuckin retard

I think the correct number for these guys should be 1-1, cuz like someone say in this post, you always have the posibility to open with a ton of chaos monster and then dont have any play.

Or you could open a bunch of shit, wait a turn and next turn discard a card at the end of the turn. Since they fuel each other, you can use them then. :|

[quote name='lin524' timestamp='1356300658' post='3355605']
I think the correct number for these guys should be 1-1, cuz like someone say in this post, you always have the posibility to open with a ton of chaos monster and then dont have any play.
[/quote]yeah man just look at how good tengu is at 2

[quote name='dennis frogman' timestamp='1356300144' post='3355602']
um, no, they don't serve different purposes at all, they're completely like tengu and like windup rabbit as a means of putting early to midgame pressure on the opponent by just attacking and making them deal with your 17/1800 floater guy. alsp paranoid ur a fuckin retard
[/quote]

correct me if i'm wrong, but how are you gonna apply early pressure if you have to dedicate cards from your initial main for these dudes?

i just don't know how i'm gonna fit them in.

I didn't know one light or dark monster was considered dedication.

[quote name='Marcicus' timestamp='1356301229' post='3355621']
I didn't know one light or dark monster was considered dedication.
[/quote]

i mean as in cards in the deck that make mills/early game occur. i did word that incorrectly, my apologies.

It's not a Reborn Tengu, so for the love of god quit calling it that. They don't even get their effects when banished ffs.

And yes, keep in mind that optimally, you're dedicating 4-6 slots to throw just this combo into your deck, alongside whatever other LIGHT or DARK monsters you'll probably use with them. So to say that isn't a commitment is also incorrect.

However, it's probably a commitment worth making.

Has anyone else noticed that you can use these guys to tribute summon Pulsar/Darkflare and get access to a number of cool plays like that?

Also as for early game you literally only have to summon one tour guide or raioh or doomcal or use one effect veiler to make these guys live

Holy shit these cards are awesome

I'm not arguing that they are bad, I'm just not sure there is deckspace for running three of each.

Has anyone come up with a decklist for them yet? I can't figure out what to cut.

Deck already can have consistency issues, and we wanna add onto that? Ill pass on that

Adding these would also totally change how the deck plays, just not digging that idea. I want more consistency

These cards are fucking awesome. Chaos mechanic + easy summoning conditions + abusable Synchro compatibility + advantage engine [+ being fucking Dragons], there's so much potential. I mean just something as obvious as summoning PSZ, dropping one of the Dragons, going into a Level 6, summon the other one revive PSZ drop another level 6 and having the set up in grave to drop a Chaos card is pretty nutty, and that's probably tip of the iceberg as far as potential combos go.

[quote name='dennis frogman' timestamp='1356303454' post='3355639']Has anyone else noticed that you can use these guys to tribute summon Pulsar/Darkflare and get access to a number of cool plays like that? Also as for early game you literally only have to summon one tour guide or raioh or doomcal or use one effect veiler to make these guys live Holy shit these cards are awesome[/quote]
Yeah mentioned that in my previous post. You can do some really cool stuff like:

- special summon wyburster
- tribute for darkflare and get collapserpent
- discard lightpulsar/darkflare/wyvern and send wyvern/lightpulsar
- banish redmd with wyvern
- special summon collaperserpent by removing wyvern and get redmd
- banish collaperserpent/darkflare to special summon redmd
- special summon darkflare/lightpulsar from grave with redmd

That's just one of many cool combos.

I really don't get how some of you can't see how much potential they have in the right decks. You are obviously not going to splash them into a random deck that doesn't already support the engine. That's like saying DAD/judgment dragon/hyperion/bls etc. aren't that good because you have to play too many dark/lights/lightsworns/fairies.

[quote name='Lang' timestamp='1356309365' post='3355686']
Deck already can have consistency issues, and we wanna add onto that? Ill pass on that

Adding these would also totally change how the deck plays, just not digging that idea. I want more consistency
[/quote]
As Dennis frogman said, they are really easy to set up in chaos dragons with ryko/thunder-king/tour guide/recharge/lyla/cotlb/veiler/sangan etc. I actually think they will make the deck more consistent. You are obviously not going to throw in 2/3 copies of each without adapting the deck.

Btw. running 1-1 seems terrible. 2-2 or 3-3 for sure.

I'd actually say this possibly opens up the good tribute summon options like monarchs, maybe jinzo and vanity's fiend, for chaos dragons these cards are so godly.

And holy shit you wouldn't run 2/2, these cards are 3/3 no questions

These cards can potentially restore the game to some sort of legitimacy.
(I thought Tengu and Tour Guide stabilized the format before last).

They set up Leviair plays, work well with econ, and are tribute fodder for Monarchs/LaDD. They float. mmph. I definitely cannot wait for this to hit TCG.

These guys look fun. Their interactions with Tooper, Econ, and being tribute fodder in general reminds me of a decklist I was showed last format by a master doolist. (CellarDoor) Trooper and Econ are the best YGO cards. So I incorporated these into the list he sent me, and this is what I came up with:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wO5w1.png[/img]

The first six cards are obv proxies. I just threw this together quickly, so I don't expect it to be omgamazing.
Wybuster and Collapserpent have potential somewhere. I'm gonna test a few lists when they're up on DN.

[quote name='Phantasm' timestamp='1356346523' post='3356165']
They set up Leviair plays, work well with econ, and are tribute fodder for Monarchs/LaDD. They float. mmph. I definitely cannot wait for this to hit TCG.

These guys look fun. Their interactions with Tooper, Econ, and being tribute fodder in general reminds me of a decklist I was showed last format by a master doolist. (CellarDoor) Trooper and Econ are the best YGO cards. So I incorporated these into the list he sent me, and this is what I came up with:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wO5w1.png[/img]

The first six cards are obv proxies. I just threw this together quickly, so I don't expect it to be omgamazing.
Wybuster and Collapserpent have potential somewhere. I'm gonna test a few lists when they're up on DN.
[/quote]
You could add Plaguespreader. It has combos with both the dragons.

Although Plants are obviously not as good as they were before, Lonefire + one of these is pretty awesome.

Normal Lonefire, sack for Spore
Special either Dragon
Synch for Librarian, fetch the other Dragon
Drop the new Dragon and Spore
Synch for Level 8 and draw a card

They're really easy to drop considering that the deck plays a bunch of Light and Darks.

[quote]
3 Thunder King Rai-Oh
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld
2 Spirit Reaper
2 Caius the Shadow Monarch
2 Wybuster
2 Collapserpent
2 Card Trooper
2 Debris Dragon
1 Lonefire Blossom
1 Spore
1 Dandylion
1 Sangan
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Effect Veiler

2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Mind Control
1 Enemy Controller

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
7 [/quote]

Then as far as fitting it into Chaos Dragons it's at least worth testing. Take this for example.

[quote]
3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
3 Lightpulsar Dragon
3 Darkflare Dragon
2 Wybuster
2 Collapserpent
2 Card Trooper
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Sangan
1 Night Assailant
1 Eclipse Wyvern
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Tragoedia
1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Dark Armed Dragon

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Solar Recharge
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Pot of Avarice
10 [/quote]

These are just drafts, I'd prefer to have room for 3/3, but they're places to start. To whoever it was that said to play 1/1 that's a horrible idea, if you double draw or mill one of them you're completely fucked.

Hoping that these cards won't be ultra/ulti or SCR when they come out.

[quote name='ParanoidDroid' timestamp='1356366547' post='3356266']
Hoping that these cards won't be ultra/ulti or SCR when they come out.
[/quote]
... They're Dragons. Who are work as essentially as Reborn Tengus. They're Chaos. I entirely expect them to be Ult/Scr, and for Konami to give us a further Star Themed Dragon Deck to make you rock shit with these guys and the Dragons Collide Structure Deck.

no don't get me wrong they obviously will be I'm just hoping they wouldn't be haha

I really like this kind of card, and they seem really cool to work with and play with. However, fuck their atk/def values. 1700/1800 guy stalls really well against the 1800/1700 guy, which can and will prove extremely annoying in situations where the game is simplified and these guys are the only things left.