Grimey

September 2011 Tour Guide Plant Format

100 posts in this topic

who gives a fuck how you word it, don't play with dustshoot and play plants, simple.

Zenmaines is fine.

Yes this

I'm down for plant games. Best deck i've played imo. DN: megamonkey666

Lol that moment when you realize you own one BLS and it is in your goat format deck.  >_>

Lol that moment when you realize you own one BLS and it is in your goat format deck.  >_>

im in the same fucking boat hahahahah

The thing with Zenmaines is the real Plants decks run during that time would need to also have added counters to Rabbit, ex. more Reapers. I preferred pre-Zenmaines and Dustshoot ban would be appreciated. Prison was def. solid pre-Zenmaines. It was almost my favorite card at Columbus.

i'm testing out trooper agents under the september 2011 banlist because i think they could be a sleeper hit.

on an unrelated note, i'd like to be added to the OP (DN username - brian.inc) because of shit like this:

HpbPDeY.png

i swear this is straight out of a ygo abridged episode

tbh i'd rather play w/ dustshoot than without. slow rolling and bluffing out early mst's were kind of a big deal and one of the things i really enjoyed about the format. 

i actually destroyed someone with dustshoot as he went guide into sangan and read my lone face-down as prison. i liked that aspect about shoot in the fact that it punished people for incorrect reads or msting to get a play off.

shoot is still fucking disgusting and practically auto-wins you the game barring the steve austins from your opponent. i'd rather play without it.

AndrewBergenM13 - down!

burnzthemall is down for non dustshoot but zenmaines is decided upon the beginning of game, if its not allowed I'll use grenosaurus lol.

Dustshoot really just isn't that serious. I think it should be allowed.

I want in on this. Ill play with/without dustshoot, doesnt matter, just specify beforehand. Dn is DarkArmedThumper

Anyone up for some games? on now

Add me on DN guys, Soxhater819. I'm always down for some games. Just message me on DN.

got a game and the first few turns of the second game in with joevahkiin. dunno if he is on here or not but i'd recommend him

I don't see what Dustshoot really adds to this format game-play wise other than being amazing if you draw it and damning if you don't. Although you can make really skillful plays with the card, as Biswell pointed out, the card is extremely one-sided and lacks pretty much any form of counter-play by the person on the receiving end. Compared to every other card in the format, how do you play around Dustshoot and what does it ACTUALLY bring to the format?

As much as I hate BLS and its ability to steal games that were otherwise won, at least it serves an actual purpose as a boss monster and not only just infuriating to deal with.

And to answer your question, Atem, you must first analyze the reason we even play these old formats to begin with. I personally play them because they're either much more skillful or much more enjoyable to play in generally than the current format (as was the case in March of 2012). These are the two things I believe everyone strives for most when we nostalgia to past formats, so does it not make sense to want to iron out the kinks that are the most blatant offenders of these two qualities of gameplay?

TL;DR What did Trap Dustshoot add to this format and is it worth holding onto for the sake of authenticity? My answer, in short, is nothing and no.