neptune

come here to play pokemon online and bitch about it

EnigmaMemory    83

Depends on your team, do you need him to go the distance or just act as a buffer/momentum killer for the rest of your team?

Also, how much do you value that T-Wave? Do you think you need it, or would you rather stick with coverage and Scald's 30% burn chance?

Wumbologist    14204

Someone talk to me about Slowbro.

Leftovers with Slack Off/Scald/Ice Beam/Thunder Wave, or Assault Vest with Scald/Psyshock/Ice Beam/Fire Blast?

I particularly like the Assault Vest set's ability to take Mega Venusaur one-on-one, but having reliable recovery outside of Regenerator seems like it'd make him even harder to wear down.

i like leftovers more, even if i'm not running twave. slack off lets you stay in for a lot longer and take multiple hits. i like assault vest a lot in general, but there's so many knock offs going around that it makes me wary of putting vest on anything.

• Upvote 1

is there a point to slowbro other than it just sitting there and taking hits? looks like it's too situational for him to fit a team and contribute to it. idk if i'd even use it on stall.

EnigmaMemory    83

It makes an ok defensive pivot. In Gen V it also had a niche in being an outstanding Terrakion check, although I don't know how relevant that is now.

»canasian    4105

Someone talk to me about Slowbro.

Leftovers with Slack Off/Scald/Ice Beam/Thunder Wave, or Assault Vest with Scald/Psyshock/Ice Beam/Fire Blast?

I particularly like the Assault Vest set's ability to take Mega Venusaur one-on-one, but having reliable recovery outside of Regenerator seems like it'd make him even harder to wear down.

i like leftovers more, even if i'm not running twave. slack off lets you stay in for a lot longer and take multiple hits. i like assault vest a lot in general, but there's so many knock offs going around that it makes me wary of putting vest on anything.

This is where my thoughts were heading, I just see so much hype around the Vest set and being able to come in on super effective hits from Megasaur really was tempting.

wouldnt slowking be better anyway for assault vest?

The idea is that Slowbro is already crazy bulky physically so patching up its less than amazing Special Defense makes it better general wall.

It's questionable whether that extra bulk is worth giving up Slack Off and other support moves, though.

»Derezzed    1026

specs

should I scarf him?

Nygas    390

I disagree with keeping it in on Salamence then.  He played his Salamence like it was choiced and if it had been Scarf you could have been in a bad spot

Nygas    390

specs

should I scarf him?

I didn't see the edit, but I'm not saying you should scarf him.  I'm saying you shouldn't make risky plays that could end badly if the other guy was scarf

iDunnoBro    822

It obviously didn't have moxie though.

> 2nd turn

> Intimidate

Note: Watch replay next time.

What?

On that note, Nygas, due to it being an intimidate set, it really wasn't likely for it to be scarfed and as such I don't see the issue with him keeping Latios in against it. Scarf/Intimidate salamence isn't a thing as far as I know.

Nygas    390

I usually don't consider things like common or good that low on the ladder when I think about the opponent

»Derezzed    1026

Thanks for the input. I'll randomly post matches that I don't suck it up too much on. I don't have the typing down as much as I would like, but that will come with time

EnigmaMemory    83

What?

On that note, Nygas, due to it being an intimidate set, it really wasn't likely for it to be scarfed and as such I don't see the issue with him keeping Latios in against it. Scarf/Intimidate salamence isn't a thing as far as I know.

Was just a personal reminder for myself b/c that was a pretty silly mistake for me to make.

».ben.    7438

You probably could have KO'd his Jirachi at that amount of health even after the burn to Excadrill. At the very least, he's death fodder anyway at that point. You may as well lose him there.

It indirectly led to you losing your Mega TTar....but Counter blissey 0_o 

».ben.    7438

Sub blissey with counter seems extremely contradictory

ya - i have no idea what that set was supposed to be. 

Miss Click    2475

Made to 1801 today with what I think is a devi of 69 in a new acc.

May not be much to ye but it means I broke the 1700 barrier I was stuck in.

• Upvote 2