Miss Click

House of Cards

Joe.    4932

Can we fast forward to season three please.

brighteyes    2150
Four episodes in so far. This season is phenominal.

Sage.    757

I wish other shows were half this good.

• Upvote 1

Jesus the Jew    986

Well I can think of two shows that are at least as good.

I just binged this season in one sitting. Goddam that was a ridiculous season. The foreshadowing up to the ending of the first episode was phenomenal.

[spoiler] I'm really gonna miss Stamper though :( [/spoiler]

Sage.    757

I really meant in general, but while I'm since still high on the hype this show is at the very top of my list.

+mmf    23487
[spoiler]so stamper was basically the peter russo of this season huh[/spoiler]
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

»...Arson    7756

[spoiler]so stamper was basically the peter cross of this season huh[/spoiler]

[spoiler]you mean russo? i dont think so if that's the case.[/spoiler]

anyways, i finished it.

knock, knock.

• Upvote 2

+mmf    23487
[spoiler]my bad, yeah, russo, i dont know why i thought his last name was cross[/spoiler]

Jesus the Jew    986

[spoiler]No. Stamper died because of his own fuckup. Russo was systematically destroyed by Underwood. If anything, Walker is more of a Russo in this season though he didn't die.[/spoiler]

• Upvote 2

Naythin    4650

[spoiler] Does anyone else hate what they did with Stamper this season? I actually really liked him as a static character who basically took care of everything he needed to. Compared to Season 1, I don't like the amount of weakness they injected into him. Yes, he became more human, but did he really need that? In a show where every character is so dynamic, having a static character like Stamper as a ground was really good, at least for me.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Stamper wasn't really dead. They were kind of vague on whether or not he was actually dead, it's very possible that he was just unconscious after getting hit. [/spoiler]

Sage.    757

[spoiler] Does anyone else hate what they did with Stamper this season? I actually really liked him as a static character who basically took care of everything he needed to. Compared to Season 1, I don't like the amount of weakness they injected into him. Yes, he became more human, but did he really need that? In a show where every character is so dynamic, having a static character like Stamper as a ground was really good, at least for me.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Stamper wasn't really dead. They were kind of vague on whether or not he was actually dead, it's very possible that he was just unconscious after getting hit. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]No... I think it's safe to say he's dead.  That's not the kind of twist that this show would benefit from anyway.  It would be stupid. [/spoiler]

• Upvote 1

»...Arson    7756

[spoiler]No... I think it's safe to say he's dead.  That's not the kind of twist that this show would benefit from anyway.  It would be stupid. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]there's a shot of him wide-eyed and blue laying on the ground the next morning. he's definitely dead.[/spoiler] 

• Upvote 2

+mmf    23487

[spoiler]i liked that they made him into a dynamic character, but i didn't like where they went with it. with regards to the thing i said earlier about peter russo, it's the same theme recycled at the cost of another character and i dont think it was a particularly satisfying conclusion for stamper's character arc either. we saw russo struggle through high points and low points and it felt like his character was sufficiently concluded at the end of it all, but with stamper, it was more "look at this problem this guy has" up until he gets whacked. with russo, it was more obvious why he was doing what he was doing, but the last sequence with stamper was just kind of thrown at us. he saw rachel banging the girl from church, he got mad, and then she killed him. i felt like the interactions between stamper and rachel in that last car ride needed to have more substance, i wanted to see more of each character come out and understand more of the web of interacting themes that stamper essentially was, not just "aha! youre doing this to me because you didnt like seeing me having sex with someone else!" we already knew that. i didn't understand any more about stamper's character after his death than i did before, and now he's just gone.[/spoiler]

Jesus the Jew    986

Of the currently running shows, I really like Justified.

[spoiler]The thing with Stamper's death is that he knew he was headed down a bad road early in the season. He just didn't handle the problem quickly enough. He was also getting slowly replaced by Seth so it was only a matter of time.[/spoiler]

Raylulz    1778

Just finished S2. Was really good I can't even believe most of the stuff that happened. Just wow.

Faint    5825

Throwing it out there; I enjoyed this season (the first episode...wow, best episode I've seen of anything in a long long time!), but I felt like the entire season bar the first episode was just too easy for Underwood, and was but predictable towards the end. Not saying it wasn't excellent, but I just don't think it reached the same heights that season 1 did.

edit:

[spoiler]stampers death...come on, it was SO predictable! Only thing I didn't expect (not including the first episode) was Frank leaving Freddie out to dry[/spoiler]

Miss Click    2475

Think it might have been an attempt at upping his ego further just so when the, inevitable, fall comes, it hits all that much harder.

Throwing it out there; I enjoyed this season (the first episode...wow, best episode I've seen of anything in a long long time!), but I felt like the entire season bar the first episode was just too easy for Underwood, and was but predictable towards the end. Not saying it wasn't excellent, but I just don't think it reached the same heights that season 1 did.

edit:

[spoiler]stampers death...come on, it was SO predictable! Only thing I didn't expect (not including the first episode) was Frank leaving Freddie out to dry[/spoiler]

I was going to watch just the first episode before I passed out, but after I watched it......I had to watch the next episode. It was too good.

Show is just fantastic. Nothing else for me to say.