Miss Click

House of Cards

Granted I'm only 9 episodes into the 2nd season, but does no one else find this show a little underwhelming now? The show pretty much established that Underwood is a godlike character in season 1, and because of that I really have a hard time caring about anything that happens because the outcome is known before and during any and all 'plot twists'.

I'm only on Episode 7/8, but after the first 2 episodes of this season, I can what you are getting at. I don't have that problem because I get lost (as in being so into it, you don't notice stuff like that) in shows/movies fairly easy. But there is always that back of the mind feel where you can't help but know he will prevail over each obstacle presented.

fake    4788

that was amazing

first i was like son you never had ?

then i was like

wee-bey-gif.gif

• Upvote 1

Faint    5847

What I loved about season 1 was Tusk appearing in the second to last episode and the fact that there was a huge rival puppet master in action the whole time was awesome, I feel like they underplayed that this season to an extent, there wasn't a clear opponent of equal skill, Underwood was just able to destroy any and all obstacles without any real problems.

[spoiler]I liked that he actually did get upset over the whole Freddie thing - it showed a more complex side to Frank, but this was nullified when Frank just fucked him off and forgot about him at the end. It felt like once he killed Zoe, all opposition was always gonna bow down before him.

Also, when he breaks the 4th wall in the first episode of season 2 was literally my favorite moment on any show ever[/spoiler]

Conscription.    1152

[spoiler]So what the fuck was the point of that awkward three way scene?[/spoiler]

So anyone actually have a plausible reason as to why this was even in the show? lol

brawlballs    1586

[spoiler]So what the fuck was the point of that awkward three way scene?[/spoiler]

So anyone actually have a plausible reason as to why this was even in the show? lol

Sub-text bro. If you tell me how to add spoilers I'll give you my interpretation of it. 

Sage.    757

Sub-text bro. If you tell me how to add spoilers I'll give you my interpretation of it. 

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The spoiler game is on fucking point in this thread. Currently re-watching season one because a friend hadn't seen it and wanted me to wait to watch it with him. Thanks for being awesome.

+Urthor    10220

God of War ascension.  

Gotta pander to the fringe demographic

2nd season is brilliant. i'm totally drawn to how elegant it is. got hooked on the opening theme too.

[spoiler]i was hoping that Garrett would be 'on to' Frank a lot sooner, for a while it felt very unrealistic for a president to be this manipulable. at least he 'figured it out' eventually.

Claire's momentary breakdown on the final ep was also a highlight. it's like the human part of her was reaching out for us just for a few moments before getting pulled back by her demons.

the Doug and Russo comparison is just dumb. it's not like Doug was nurtured just to brought down eventually.

[/spoiler] 

• Upvote 1

+mmf    23484

[spoiler]it's not like Doug was nurtured just to brought down eventually.

[/spoiler] 

[spoiler]OR WAS HE[/spoiler]

• Upvote 1

[spoiler]it's not like Doug was nurtured just to brought down eventually.

[/spoiler] 

[spoiler]OR WAS HE[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Frank only truly wanted for Doug when he was in 'trouble' near the end.[/spoiler]

Jesus the Jew    986

[spoiler] Of course Frank uses him. But Frank was not responsible for his death. It was his fault for not "solving" the situation.[/spoiler]

Faint    5847

That's all Frank ever wanted Doug for- Doug summed it up in saying that he was Franks 'failsafe', to fix Franks problems.

Forlum    9162
Shittt, just got thru episode 14

And clicked one spoiler too many itt :(

+Urthor    10220

At what point can we stop bothering to spoiler tag in this thread, it's really awkward with this series.  

• Downvote 1

brawlballs    1586

Oh. I never actually talked about this scene. For anyone that's interested, I thought this was an interesting read.

Don't read it until you've watched past Season 2, Episode 11.

• Upvote 2

Lamp    1424

Just saw claire's interview in s2 :O :O :O

That storyline really went downhill after that interview. I still don't really get what purpose it served.

»...Arson    7756

Just saw claire's interview in s2 :O :O :O

That storyline really went downhill after that interview. I still don't really get what purpose it served.

[spoiler]they spent a good portion of the season humanizing claire, while further showing how sociopathic frank is.[/spoiler]

they didn't humanize claire at all throughout the season (except a very small bit near the end). she was far more manipulative and cold this season than she was last season.
  • Upvote 1

(from a narrative standpoint i don't really have an opinion about claire's motivations/standing in the story, but from a personal interest perspective i think it's cooler for her to, you know, actually work with frank)

+Urthor    10220

That little bit at the end is 10 mintues more than she's had in the entire series up to that point.

Where are the Macbeth comparisons though.  

Forlum    9162
Im still in the middle of s2 but claire is a bit all over the map. I get that real people are...capricious and shit but I thought the idea was cold calculating ppl weren't like that.

But if shes not actually cold she sure does a lotta horrible stuff.