Sign in to follow this  
rei

Motorcycles

+rei+    34503
Anyone got one? Anyone getting one? General motorcycle discussion thread - but lets not turn it into a "LOOK AT DIS SUPER GOOD LOOKIN BIKE" more just discussion more centred on real life
  • Downvote 1

i only have a 125cc licence but the beauty of that is that harleys and big cruisers i like don't need to sky above that to look and sound big, nor do i need em fast.

on that note, before i was going to uni i was mid way through my fire fighter application. i was planning on either cycling to work and buying this for the nice days:

harley_iron.jpg

saying that, i've since put on 30kg bodyweight and it'll look ridiculous with my arse on it lol, i'm definitely gonna need a bigger bike haha. will be a while until i can afford one though since i've literally just been given a really nice (and free!) car.

when i upgrade my licence to bigger bikes i really like the look of the tourers. anyway, i love harleys.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34503
I've never ridden but its something I wanted to do once I'm thin; challenge is I'm quite tall and I like standard / cafe style bikes (Think Bonneville etc) - I think I'm actually going to go with a 250cc bike just because I dont care about size or speed, i just like the riding experience a ton; probably a Suzuki TU250 or a Cleveland Tha Misfit (goddamn what an awful name)

my dad had a bonneville up until last year, very reliable but he sold it cos he wasn't riding enough... then went and bought the newer model lol.

beetle    1115

I've never ridden but its something I wanted to do once I'm thin; challenge is I'm quite tall and I like standard / cafe style bikes (Think Bonneville etc) - I think I'm actually going to go with a 250cc bike just because I dont care about size or speed, i just like the riding experience a ton; probably a Suzuki TU250 or a Cleveland Tha Misfit (goddamn what an awful name)

Please do take a Motorcycle safety course.  It's not expensive and will definitely help you if you've never ridden.  Often gives you insurance discounts as well.

That being said I have a Suzuki SV650 2004.  Can't wait till it warms up to ride it.

If you want to take the bike out on the highway/interstates try to look for 500+.  Eventually you'll feel comfortable enough to get out on the open road and hit 90+mph.  Fun as hell.

+rei+    34503

Please do take a Motorcycle safety course.  It's not expensive and will definitely help you if you've never ridden.  Often gives you insurance discounts as well.

Have to to get a license here.

If you want to take the bike out on the highway/interstates try to look for 500+.  Eventually you'll feel comfortable enough to get out on the open road and hit 90+mph.  Fun as hell.

I dont. Backroads driving and fucking around in town are my main priorities.

That would be a awesome bike to ride, but it also depends on how big you are. Im about 5ft 9 or 10 inches and I have a 85 honda shadow. I also weigh in at about 150. I would definitely recommend doing the safety course as well. But also dont get an expansive bike for your first one. Its very likely that you will drop it (happens to just about everybody) or lay it down because of some jackass with their music up. I feel very comfortable on mine. Also when you do get one, I would get some loud pipes on it. Not so loud that your buddies will hate riding with you, but remember that loud pipes saves lives! Hope that helps sir! :-)