.ben.

Fire Fist - Discussion

»Barron    7988

So if the list is true, what is the ideal number of monsters to run now. I know that Mermails, Infernities, Spellbooks?, HEROs might be a thing. I know 3 wolfbark, 3 bear, 2-3 Dragons, 0-1 Gorilla.

3 Wolfbark

3 Bear

2 Dragon

2 Gorilla

Maybe Buffalo/Boar? Even if Rooster is at 1, I'd still run 3-axis. It wasn't bad without Rooster to begin with, people just needed to try it out.

i just think cardinal is a lot better and bear is good as well. though thanks, i'll need to test this deck out.

1150346_10151635198272897_1602819561_n.j

Manage to pick these bad boys up for £20 (think that's $35-$40 to you US people) for the 2 thinking should i get the 3rd one in while they are cheap or wait for the banned list. I'm not so sold on the Rooster build as much as i thought i would be but i'm liking the 4 axis build as it offers sort of a better option when it comes to side decking at the cost of a less explosive plays that rekindling offers for the Rank 3 builds 

What's everyone's ratio for Dragon's in 4 axis?

been testing:

3 Bear
1 Gorilla
3 Dragon
1 Boar

Trap Formation's being just 2 Tensen's  

Right now I've got that exact ratio, though I'm currently testing out using one more Fire Formation trap. Working out pretty well for me, too; my only hitch with my build thus far has been opening up with one of my 2 Circles and not being able to make it live. I really hate this deck's early game right now, but I'm not sure how I can really make it much more solid other than possibly trying to force in something like Yoko to help set up the grave.

Caprisun    66
I'm playing one Yoko in the main right now instead of Blaster. I'm also siding two blaster. I'm testing against Constellars tonight and Yoko just doesn't do anything to them. Omega is too real. Blaster helps a bit in that match. I also really like flying "c" in the side.

»Barron    7988

if anyone wants to test/theory shit with the speculated list hit me up on DN (same name as here).

hi i'm dm    2353

sorry to be a lazy scab but does anyone have a bog-standard 4-axis list that i can use for locals this weekend? people have been talking about so much tech and stuff but i'd just like to know what the regular list looks like.

Mr Cook    473

And hypothetically-speaking, if list is right (and it almost 100% is), how wpuld you change that list?

I mean even if it's not the list, you still have to contend that some kinda change is happening. That list you posted is solid for the next 18 days or so, barring a few cosmetic choices.

@Mr. Cook: you brought up good points for both cards. I concede that if I were to board cards in, I'd rather board in 1 Yoko than 2 Blaster.

I still think Blaster works as a solid main deck choice. Assuming the new list is real, Blaster could easily occupy 2 spots in the main. Idk, maybe I'll elaborate when I'm home and on a computer, but I'd probably test some new format first.

I will say, I've played a few 4-Axis mirrors under the current list and Blaster was always helpful for clearing away the board for pushes, or game-ending pushes.

Thanks, no doubt Blaster is useful, it just really feels like a card which more often than not, I'd rather not have.

1150346_10151635198272897_1602819561_n.j

Manage to pick these bad boys up for £20 (think that's $35-$40 to you US people) for the 2 thinking should i get the 3rd one in while they are cheap or wait for the banned list. I'm not so sold on the Rooster build as much as i thought i would be but i'm liking the 4 axis build as it offers sort of a better option when it comes to side decking at the cost of a less explosive plays that rekindling offers for the Rank 3 builds 

What's everyone's ratio for Dragon's in 4 axis?

been testing:

3 Bear
1 Gorilla
3 Dragon
1 Boar

Trap Formation's being just 2 Tensen's  

Great price, get the 3rd one in now. I picked up my 1st Wolfbark for £22, and still looking for two more. 3-axis will more than likely be the chase deck of next format, even with only 1 Rooster, they still have so much firepower if they can get the initial combo off. Post-side, they do become more fragile however.

Personally, I've played Wolfbark 4-axis before the rumours of the banlist, so I'll be sticking with that deck (its also really resilient post-side)

My current list has been:

3 Bear

3 Dragon

3 Wolfbark

1 Gorilla

2 Kycoo

For this format, but Kycoo will be removed after the list becomes in effect, and replaced with something else (which I'm not sure about yet) - I'm not playing Onslaught because its just bad, and means you have to run Boar, which is also bad. Its a real shame there are no other decent Fire Fists, I may even play like an extra Gorilla, and something else.

I've been scouring card databases, trying to find something which is a decent stun card to beat the new meta, as I feel that 3-axis and Mermails become the decks to beat under this new list, and if I come up with anything I'll post it here.

Right now I've got that exact ratio, though I'm currently testing out using one more Fire Formation trap. Working out pretty well for me, too; my only hitch with my build thus far has been opening up with one of my 2 Circles and not being able to make it live. I really hate this deck's early game right now, but I'm not sure how I can really make it much more solid other than possibly trying to force in something like Yoko to help set up the grave.

Yeah, the deck is terrible early game, I think we're just gonna have to live with that.

I'm playing one Yoko in the main right now instead of Blaster. I'm also siding two blaster. I'm testing against Constellars tonight and Yoko just doesn't do anything to them. Omega is too real. Blaster helps a bit in that match. I also really like flying "c" in the side.

Omega is fine. Just be thankful they aren't making Pleiades. 

That's a weird ratio, and we don't need Flying C in the side either, does nothing against 3-axis, nor much against Mermails, nor the mirror, there isn't enough space.

if anyone wants to test/theory shit with the speculated list hit me up on DN (same name as here).

I'll be doing the same over the next week or so.

-----------------

Obviosuly stuff will change, but my proposed side deck for the new format is:

3x Soul Drain

3x Maxx C

3x Chain Disappearance

2x DDV

3x MST

1x Yoko

-----

This is by no means final, I still want to find space for some monster utility in the line-up, and I still want to find space for EEV, as it is relevant against Books, Dark Worlds, and kind of relevant against other stuff, but it may be too niche. I also want room for the 3rd Veiler. Still, we should wait till YCS Toronto and see how the format develops before having a solid idea of what this deck should look like.

Notable changes to the main deck this format:

-3x Iron Wall

-2x Kycoo

-2x Circle of the Fire Kings (Nutty when they go off, but not enough space and too inconsistent)

+1x Duality

+2x Bottomless

+2 Rai-Oh (may well be something else stun-based)

+2x Effect Veiler (maindecking this is vital this format even more so now, with negating Diva/Trish, and negating Spirit/Prince/Bear plays, and negating opposing Wolfbarks)

------------

Also, just on an ending note, the extra duality is great in here, I was running 2 Duality before this, and will most likely be maxing it out, just because we do Special Summon doesn't mean we don't use it, consistency is absolute key in this deck.

Espeon    295
My current fire fist line up is 3 bark 3 bear 2 gorilla 2 dragon 1 boar It's been really solid I also run 2 tensen and 1 tenken as well as 2 gyokku, the deck is still in testing form thought. Also would like to do mirrors on dn to knock out some things that I'm not sure of. DN > illest.

SANBUU    28
Mr. Cook, just how is Boar that bad that you won't even try 1 main board? In my testing he gets some slow starts going with his sp eff.

I'm with you on circle it's amazing when it goes off but I can't stand it being dead in my hand most of the time.

Saiko    231

im on DN now if anyone wants to test the mirror match

Mr Cook    473

Mr. Cook, just how is Boar that bad that you won't even try 1 main board? In my testing he gets some slow starts going with his sp eff.

I'm with you on circle it's amazing when it goes off but I can't stand it being dead in my hand most of the time.

Might test Boar at 1, but Battle searchers were terrible this format, and what Boar is, is effectively a way to search your Fire Fists, which eats your Normal Summon, and throws your Fist to the field, which isn't necessarily the best thing in a lot of scenarios.

Not to mention the only reason people play Boar is alongside Onslaught, and as Onslaught just isn't a good card, I'm not running it. Meaning that technically I shouldn't have to run Boar either.

I think this deck has enough consistency with Triple Tenki and Triple Duality, maybe if tenki gets hit then Boar becomes more viable as a searcher, but I can't really forsee a scenario where I'll have a Fire Formation on the field, but use Boar to crash before bringing out my Bear or my Gorilla, just seems fairly meh, if it had any decent offensive stats at all it may seem play, but I'm really struggling to see where its useful :)

Saiko    231

im only really using boar primly because its a tuner which can make crimson blader which can win games on its own

Espeon    295
I like boar because It opens up lv8 synchro plays if you open with it and another fire fist monster that can search you out tensu again we are in the testing stage so we have to find out what's optimal and what's not, if you remember the 1st variant of 4 axis with rabbit changed drastically from release towards to when it died out.

TFJ    618

im only really using boar primly because its a tuner which can make crimson blader which can win games on its own

I assume cook does not care for bladder when dragons get hit. Although he has other good uses.

Saiko    231

mermails will be relevant also might see some straggling dragons, was just playing new list on DN and ran into 2 of them... they played tether wolf, fog king, trooper, debris dragon... I got star eater'ed! o.o still won tho.. shockmaster <3

anyone got a way to speed up the deck? Im trying 3 upstart 3 duality and it seems to be hitting the mark

IonCharge    691

Boar is actually kind of neat the fact that it is a safe target to freeze with if they Maxx "C" your Wolfbark. 

afr    980

To the early game issue:

You kickstart stuff with dragon whenever that option is possible.

Dragon's effect gets you to your 3 tensen in a 2 turn interval (1 tensen in your turn, second in opponent's turn and third in your next turn). That gives you enough fire formations for the rest of the game unless they have heavy storm. With this play 2 things happen: you avoid the tensen draw and create BIG pressure by putting large amounts of damage on the board (with that set-up dragon will be 3200 atk with another facedown tensen, every monster you summon will be over 2000 and that puts the opponent in a 2 battle phase clock).

By applying so much EARLY pressure is how you force overextension and you punish them a turn later with a bear into cardinal play. Obviously not everything is perfect and stuff is going to happen BUT that is the basis as how this deck operates. Wolfbark steps in to create a free beater or a tensu/tenki searcher to create king tiger + whatever plays (via dragon).

That is the reason as of why i do not understand not playing 3 dragon. We can try to build the deck "dragon-less" (aka steinman build with other monster line-up to fit in wolfbark) to see how it goes, but i really think that the strength of this deck comes from the powerful control elements that king tiger's third effect (insert "it's free meme"), cardinal and the rank 4 toolbox provide.

The issue of the early game comes when you do not have the dragon opening available BUT it is what it is, you have to set some stuff and pass and next turn punish with bear/gorilla (he runs over stuff in this version of the deck quite often) to get things going. This is the exact same reason as of why i would avoid stuff like fire king fire ring and how i cannot look down on people who chooses to play 2 wolfbark only (the point being that there are effective arguments for running 2 and 3 because of tenki availability).

On the gyokkou stuff:

The card is bad.

I really cannot believe that some people is playing it over MST. Yeah, your opponent can't chain and then what? You are losing 4 things here:

- You are wasting side deck space because you still have to side deck x copies of typhoon.

- You are losing TOO much versatility (the mirror still exists, the "next format" would be a very diverse one so stuff like macro rabbit and et al. become real, etc)

- Gyokkou clogs the backrow of 4 axis.

- "Blindly" picking backrow with an inferior version of MST does not seem right for whatever reason (if you are good at reading backrow, the only advantage that gyokkou had over MST is gone unless it is the early game; but who wastes their s/T removal right away instead of doing test pushes first?).

On the blaster vs yoko issue:

Neither card has a place in 4 axis for as long as tenki/tensu are still at 3 and blaster is definitely NOT GOOD in 4 axis (you are only adding more dead card for the early game). Yoko might be a all in one solution for the side deck BUT it is very costly and despite being super versatile i think that there is plenty of better stuff to side.

On the boar issue:

Boar is crap this format but crimson blader is the tits. That is the reason as of why i would only recommend one at the moment and see how next format goes on before passing the final judgment on the card.

On 3 axis issue:

Deck is still as good but it is even more fragile now and any player worth its salt will know how to deal easily with it and create unsurmountable set-ups for them to break (as long as vulcan is not out, because that is the point where the deck becomes much more flexible). However, the deck can still get stupid and out of nowhere victories via rekindling and storm.

• Upvote 4

Titcombe    58

if the trishula banlist turns out to be true, then 4 axis is definitely gonna be the best deck next format.

I'm trying the vanity's eemptiness version and its doing pretty good in testing  although ive only had a few games with the trishula banlist the rest have been with march

this is what ive got anyways:

82MOCcu.png

(bear in mind that this is a deck with cards I actually own, I do not own more than 1 cardinal and more than 2 tiger kings so kirin and pappy are just fillers untill i get them.)

The only thing I would consider playing in 3 axis is the plant build with crane-crane and stuff, but I still prefer this

IonCharge    691

I've been wondering how important the Fire Formations are.

Realistically, Tenki and Tensu by themselves are enough to fuel Bear and Gorilla. You are only ever really using the Traps to fuel Dragon and Tiger King's abilities.

Surely the deck can be streamlined down to something that runs the bare minimum of clogging cards, just like Steinman's Bear.dek, just with the addition of three Wolfbark. Even if Dragon does add explosiveness when you are able to get Tensu off of (Wolfbark ->) Tiger King and then have a perfect hand to then summon Dragon pop two for Bear and attack to get another Tenki, how frequent is that going to actually happen to make it worth running? The only reason I like Dragon at the moment is that it allows you to make Cardinal with marginally less investment. 

Kyary    2424

This is my current build, it's been really solid so far.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/BV4Mt3d.png[/spoiler]

Few gripes here:

1: Why Gyokkou?  I understand the utility of the card, but it seems irrelevant with the main decked MSTs.  I'd say to play one or the other, not both.

2: Why no Solemns?  While not /as/ amazing in the past, they're still better to play over certain other cards in the deck.

3: How exactly are you making Key Beetle?

Espeon    295

This is my current build, it's been really solid so far.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/BV4Mt3d.png[/spoiler]

Few gripes here:

1: Why Gyokkou?  I understand the utility of the card, but it seems irrelevant with the main decked MSTs.  I'd say to play one or the other, not both.

2: Why no Solemns?  While not /as/ amazing in the past, they're still better to play over certain other cards in the deck.

3: How exactly are you making Key Beetle?

I just realized I wasn't playing the solemns lol, I threw the deck together pretty fast cause I just wanted to test it, I also just remembered Beetle takes 2 darks so that's got to come out, I could swap Gyokku's out for solemns, or drop a tenken for at least 1 Gyokku I'm really loving that card right now.

Kyary    2424

I'd drop the Tenken and one of the Tensen for the solemns.  I'd also put in Blackship in the extra as well as a second Cardinal over Pearl.

FaipDeOaid    169
New format is significantly slower. The few times Blaster is without material, I can usually grind it out for a turn or two.

Veiler pulls double duty here. Tensu summon a bark and go into Trish? Makes the Evilswarm match-up just that much easier. Can't say what build is definitive, but from my perspective I rather have the more versatile, grind-ier deck compared to the do-or-die 3-axis variant.

3 Dragon / 3 tensen lead to some of the shittiest hands I've ever seen back in Jan / Feb. Little has changed to change my mind.