.ben.

Fire Fist - Discussion

Kyary    2424

I've been contemplating the 3 sided D. Fissure, but it's just kinda hard to figure out my side right now. :/

Just threw together a random side:

2 D.D. Crow

2 Thunder King

3 D. Fissure

3 MST

2 DDV

2 EEV

1 Vanity's

Edited by Kyary

Espeon    295

Also considering Maining/Siding 1/2 Kycoo for the end of this format as additional lock down.

Caprisun    66

Here's what I'm messing around with (this is all assuming that the 1 rooster list is accurate.)co2TTWr.png

This deck is so fucking strong.

• Upvote 1

SANBUU    28

@ Caprisun,

I can't stand being bad but what are those 2 spells in your side?

DarkBlaze557    2106

I feel like DDV is more relevant than EEV with the impending death of Spellbooks and 3-axis floating around.

SANBUU    28

Thanks 7, this card might prove to be useful as the new format unfolds.

knives1990    262
What do people think about CED actually? I see it in Capris list but IMO it seems very bad next format. Maybe I'm having trouble seeing the potential in it though. I'm also completely up in the air with mst mained. I feel like triple lance and gorilla can do most of what you want to accomplish but msts main selling point for me is vs either FF matchup. Kind of like just 1 mained right now because I hate drawing multiple mst along with lance

Kyary    2424

I feel like DDV is more relevant than EEV with the impending death of Spellbooks and 3-axis floating around.

EEV would also still be a solid choice at 1 in the side because it'll still hurt the other matchups, but I do agree on that.

Espeon    295
[quote name="knives1990" post="3550629" timestamp="1376612730"]What do people think about CED actually? I see it in Capris list but IMO it seems very bad next format. Maybe I'm having trouble seeing the potential in it though. I'm also completely up in the air with mst mained. I feel like triple lance and gorilla can do most of what you want to accomplish but msts main selling point for me is vs either FF matchup. Kind of like just 1 mained right now because I hate drawing multiple mst along with lance[/quote] The problem is if that list is real there will be so many decks to try to combat, CED is a good all around card that I feel like deserves at least 2 spots, also I've been considering moving Gyokku back into the main next format as a searchable Xin.

Caprisun    66

What do people think about CED actually? I see it in Capris list but IMO it seems very bad next format. Maybe I'm having trouble seeing the potential in it though. I'm also completely up in the air with mst mained. I feel like triple lance and gorilla can do most of what you want to accomplish but msts main selling point for me is vs either FF matchup. Kind of like just 1 mained right now because I hate drawing multiple mst along with lance

Mained MST is literally the shit in this deck. Sometimes you just have to stick a monster on board. Remember, the list I posted is not for the current format. If it was, I'd be maining Kycoo and a bunch of other weird cards and probably not maining MST. Someone said that Gorilla can just serve as your MST. That isn't good enough, considering you actually have to get it to the field first. 

As for my side, it's been changed over the course of a few days. In testing, Constellars have absolutely ripped me in half. Granted, it's been being played by one of the best players I know, but an on-field Pleaides just shits all over this deck. That's why Xyz Encore is in my side. If they can push through your Rivalry and stick a Pleaides to the field, you have a hard time getting rid of it. Especially if you're relying on bear. The problem gets even worse if they can make Omega. The only card that can deal with that is Encore. I feel like if Constellar take off under this list (trust me, they will) then you'll basically be forced into playing the card. So Rivalry and Encore is there for that match-up. 

I feel like Maxx C will always deserve a side spot until the game actually slows down. It's there for general utility. Decks like Karakuri and Dragunity still get played, and with support from dragon rulers, those decks actually aren't a joke anymore. 

Soul drain is there for Mermail because they're good as fuck under the new list.

Mind drain is free space I guess, but if Bujin proves to be a problem, that card can deal with it. It'll probably be a different card, assuming nobody breaks dragon rulers.

EEV is a card I'm not sure about. It can shut down the mirror. It can hurt lots of other decks as well (heroes, books, etc) EEV has some benefits, but DDV is something I didn't actually think about. It probably merits a spot. Maybe that's what I'll replace Mind drain for. 

And then Iron Wall is for anything that wants to play Macro. Macro Rabbit is pretty sweet under this list. 

As for CED, it hasn't really been great or awful. It's just a trap. I could see Mirror Force being played over it or maybe Fiendish. Then again, I see MST being big so CED may be the better choice.

• Upvote 1

I've been loving the Plant version of this deck as a past timer until the list is confirmed since i keep hearing things from 2 different list's like the one with Rooster to one and then another one which is the same list but with Tenki and Chaos Sorcerer to 2 *Shrugs*

On another note i find that if your playing the Rabbit build of 4 Axis that Vorse Raider is the better choice over Warwolf now (Reasoning being it grants the ability to go into Key Beetle but also controlling a Formation makes him 2k for Dev Virus plays which is good vs 3 Axis and alright vs Mermail) yeah the 2k body Warwolf gives is great but i really think going into the next format Vorse Raider is now a better choice since it allows for more useful tricks.  

Kyary    2424

So if the list plays out how I believe it will, my side will look something like this:

2 TKRO

3 D. Fissure

2 Encore

2 DDV

2 EEV

2 IIW

2 Rivalry

It's pretty hard to fit in everything that I want to...

Caprisun    66

So if the list plays out how I believe it will, my side will look something like this:

2 TKRO
3 D. Fissure
2 Encore
2 DDV
2 EEV
2 IIW
2 Rivalry

I have the same problem. I'm waiting until the format really hashes out (a confirmed banlist, a few tournaments to happen) and then we can really see what deserves a spot in the side. Right now, the best we can do is theory and testing an unconfirmed format. There are literally 30 cards I'd love to shove into the side, though. With next format looking insanely diverse, siding will be hard. I think it will be crucial to be able to win a number of match ups without even siding just to have room to side for our bad matches.

Reallysecret    101
If list is legit 3 axis will be tier 2.5 at best with 2 tenki? At least 4 axis has cardinal also for more cardinal plays with 2 tenki circle of the fire kings?
  • Downvote 5

Kyary    2424

2 TKRO
3 D. Fissure
2 Encore
2 DDV
2 EEV
2 IIW
2 Rivalry

I have the same problem. I'm waiting until the format really hashes out (a confirmed banlist, a few tournaments to happen) and then we can really see what deserves a spot in the side. Right now, the best we can do is theory and testing an unconfirmed format. There are literally 30 cards I'd love to shove into the side, though. With next format looking insanely diverse, siding will be hard. I think it will be crucial to be able to win a number of match ups without even siding just to have room to side for our bad matches.

Yeah.  I'm just really trying to side a lot of stuff to get at a multitude of matchups.  

TKRO hits the Mirror/3-Axis, Fissure hits 3-Axis, Mermail, and Darkworld, Encore hits Evilswarm and Constellar, DDV hits 3-Axis, Mermail, Hand-Traps, Plants, and Agents, EEV hits practically anything, IIW is for utility, and then Rivalry hits a variety as well. 

All in all, I feel like my side is versatile, but might be lacking.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

knives1990    262
Honestly I'm really disappointed If tenki's at 2. It almost shatters the whole gameplan with dragon turbo, therefore formation traps also. Then it's almost just completely fragile with the limited amount of useful formation cards

Mr Cook    473

Name a deck that doesn't Sync/XYZ as part of its gameplan. CED is still good, definitely at 2, maybe at 3. MST is debatably good now due to the likelihood of facing 3-axis, 4-axis mirrors. Kinda dead against Mermails though. Lance is still better due to battle tricks.

EEV would also still be a solid choice at 1 in the side because it'll still hurt the other matchups, but I do agree on that.

EEV in the side at 1? So you can probably not draw it? K.

The problem is if that list is real there will be so many decks to try to combat, CED is a good all around card that I feel like deserves at least 2 spots, also I've been considering moving Gyokku back into the main next format as a searchable Xin.

Are you discussing 3 or 4-axis? If 4-axis, no Gyokkou, if 3-axis, still probably no Gyokkou.

Mained MST is literally the shit in this deck. Sometimes you just have to stick a monster on board. Remember, the list I posted is not for the current format. If it was, I'd be maining Kycoo and a bunch of other weird cards and probably not maining MST. Someone said that Gorilla can just serve as your MST. That isn't good enough, considering you actually have to get it to the field first. 

As for my side, it's been changed over the course of a few days. In testing, Constellars have absolutely ripped me in half. Granted, it's been being played by one of the best players I know, but an on-field Pleaides just shits all over this deck. That's why Xyz Encore is in my side. If they can push through your Rivalry and stick a Pleaides to the field, you have a hard time getting rid of it. Especially if you're relying on bear. The problem gets even worse if they can make Omega. The only card that can deal with that is Encore. I feel like if Constellar take off under this list (trust me, they will) then you'll basically be forced into playing the card. So Rivalry and Encore is there for that match-up. 

I feel like Maxx C will always deserve a side spot until the game actually slows down. It's there for general utility. Decks like Karakuri and Dragunity still get played, and with support from dragon rulers, those decks actually aren't a joke anymore. 

Soul drain is there for Mermail because they're good as fuck under the new list.

Mind drain is free space I guess, but if Bujin proves to be a problem, that card can deal with it. It'll probably be a different card, assuming nobody breaks dragon rulers.

EEV is a card I'm not sure about. It can shut down the mirror. It can hurt lots of other decks as well (heroes, books, etc) EEV has some benefits, but DDV is something I didn't actually think about. It probably merits a spot. Maybe that's what I'll replace Mind drain for. 

And then Iron Wall is for anything that wants to play Macro. Macro Rabbit is pretty sweet under this list. 

As for CED, it hasn't really been great or awful. It's just a trap. I could see Mirror Force being played over it or maybe Fiendish. Then again, I see MST being big so CED may be the better choice.

Soul Drain + Maxx in the side = Good Choices.

Don't like Encore, we don't need it. Omega isn't that much of an issue for our deck, its easily ran over with Tensens or Tiger King,  and Bear hits the field fairly regularly. Pleaides is annoying as he is against other decks, but we should be running a lot of traps, and I wouldn't side a card specifically for Pleaides.

Also Lance > MST if you need monsters to hit the field.

I've been loving the Plant version of this deck as a past timer until the list is confirmed since i keep hearing things from 2 different list's like the one with Rooster to one and then another one which is the same list but with Tenki and Chaos Sorcerer to 2 *Shrugs*

On another note i find that if your playing the Rabbit build of 4 Axis that Vorse Raider is the better choice over Warwolf now (Reasoning being it grants the ability to go into Key Beetle but also controlling a Formation makes him 2k for Dev Virus plays which is good vs 3 Axis and alright vs Mermail) yeah the 2k body Warwolf gives is great but i really think going into the next format Vorse Raider is now a better choice since it allows for more useful tricks.  

If you're playing Rabbit you're playing it wrong.

If list is legit 3 axis will be tier 2.5 at best with 2 tenki? At least 4 axis has cardinal also for more cardinal plays with 2 tenki circle of the fire kings?

Nope.

for 4 axis, does tenki going 2 hurt us significantly?

Yep. But the deck is still playable.

-------------------

Because the format is so diverse, we should really be siding away from our weaknesses instead of siding against other decks, I still like the conversion side idea, Evilswarm and other decks will bring in Macro against us, people will side Overworked, and maybe also Decree, so we use that to our advantage.

My side deck:

2x Thunder King Rai-Oh

2x Banisher of the Radiance

3x Dimensional Fissure

2x Soul Drain

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Fire Formation - Yoko

2x Chain Disappearance

---------

The only really bad thing about this side is I dont have space for Maxx C, which may or may not matter depending on the format.

The typical siding against decks: (still theory-oh)

Mermails:

OUT - 3x Wolfbark, 1x Boar, 1x Tensen, 2x Lance, 1x Storm, 1x Reborn

IN - 2x Rai-Oh, 2x Banisher, 3x D-Fissure, 2x Soul Drain

3-axis:

OUT - 3x Wolfbark, 1x Boar, 1 xTensen, 2x Lance, 1x Reborn, 3x Compulse, 1 something else

IN - 2x Rai-Oh, 2x Banisher, 3x D-Fissure, 3x MST, 2x Chain Disappearance

4-axis mirror:

OUT - 1x Boar, 4x undecided.

IN - 3x MST, 2x Rai-Oh

Kyary    2424

Well, I'm still playing with ratios for stuff in the side.  I don't even know what to do now if what I'm expecting to happen with the list happens.

Titcombe    58

with tenki at 2 im trying 3 duality. Just makes the deck slightly more consistent and you dont always use wolfbark every turn

@mr cook im liking the conversion side idea aswell especially for water, i find tensens to be a bit crap vs water

Mr Cook    473

with tenki at 2 im trying 3 duality. Just makes the deck slightly more consistent and you dont always use wolfbark every turn

@mr cook im liking the conversion side idea aswell especially for water, i find tensens to be a bit crap vs water

3 Duality (or 2 Duality pre-list) has always been staple in this deck for me, without a doubt.

Its more like a half conversion side, and its the best way to approach the side-decking early format, as you are effectively reducing the number of weaknesses you have.

Its wroth noting against decks like Evilswarm/Constellar/4-axis Mirror, the conversion side won't be brought in, just generic stuff like MSTs, as (although MacroSwarms may be annoying) we have a good match already against these decks. The full conversion side will be in effect against (arguably) the two biggest decks of the format, Water and 3-axis.

And the conversion side completely shuts down both.

Caprisun    66

3 Duality (or 2 Duality pre-list) has always been staple in this deck for me, without a doubt.

Its more like a half conversion side, and its the best way to approach the side-decking early format, as you are effectively reducing the number of weaknesses you have.

Its wroth noting against decks like Evilswarm/Constellar/4-axis Mirror, the conversion side won't be brought in, just generic stuff like MSTs, as (although MacroSwarms may be annoying) we have a good match already against these decks. The full conversion side will be in effect against (arguably) the two biggest decks of the format, Water and 3-axis.

And the conversion side completely shuts down both.

I like the conversion idea. It may be the way to go if the format does what I expect it to and becomes ridiculously diverse. Reducing weaknesses could definitely be better than offensively side decking. I do feel like in certain matches that we should be aggressive. We'll need soul drain to handle water. Maxx "c" is iffy. If a deck like dragunity starts being played more, we might need to make room for it. I think Rivalry deserves a spot in the side. Evilswarm and Constellars are going to be popular I imagine, and Rivalry is absolutely hateful to those decks. DDV, EEV, Iron Wall, MST if you don't main it, Yoko, and effect veiler if you aren't maining it are all good choices.

I feel like effect veiler should be mained. If September is supposed to be overrun with fire fist, veiler probably deserves a spot in the main. With plenty of decks being playable, (again assuming this list is the real deal) like Gadgets, Karakuri, Dragunity, Rabbit in some form, and possibly Wind-up, veiler seems like a good choice.

Literally the only thing I don't like about this deck is the fact that I can't fit in everything that I want to. As the format progresses and we get a better idea of what will be commonplace, it might be smart to play 41 or 42 in order to fit what you want to fit. If the meta centralizes, then this won't be an issue.

Saiko    231

Has anyone thought of abusing diamond dire wolf with scapegoat? :)

im gonna try a build with creature swaps boar goats within 4axis to pull it off more