Sign in to follow this  
Bazaar of Baghdad

Pikachu

pikachu2+(1).jpg

5qZVaPp.png

It's pretty crazy. Turn 1 Seahorse is the most absurd thing:

Seahorse -> double Sishunder, summon a Sishunder to get Seahorse back. Next turn you seahorse -> either double Ma or double Pa, then from then on you just never run out of gas. Between Recycling Batteries turning into a one card Starleige, and Sishunder keeping the engine going, you just keep dropping starleiges/other rank4s and grind your opponent out.

The main problem is the deck is pretty meh when it doesn't see seahorse, and the number of good hands that don't contain a seahorse in the opener are few.

I'm not sure what I want to do as far as traps goes, and the side is almost completely untested. 

• Upvote 13

TcHa    132
You should definitely be playing vylon prism. It's searchable via seahorse and opens up a ton more options with synchros adding cards like stardust, thought ruler, scrap, crimson, and epsilon, make the deck super powerful. It also can give all your synchros a 1k boost or provides epsilon/scrap popping fodder. Also cardcar d helps in this deck to dig for pieces, is a good go to play the turn you seahorse, and helps make up for the initial xyz/synchro -1.

You should definitely be playing vylon prism. It's searchable via seahorse and opens up a ton more options with synchros adding cards like stardust, thought ruler, scrap, crimson, and epsilon, make the deck super powerful. It also can give all your synchros a 1k boost or provides epsilon/scrap popping fodder. Also cardcar d helps in this deck to dig for pieces, is a good go to play the turn you seahorse, and helps make up for the initial xyz/synchro -1.

I'd rather just be playing a 3rd Sishunder. Playing more monsters seems like the worst thing I could do, my problem isn't what happens when I'm going off, it's filling the early game gap between my opening hand and going crazy. If I resolve a seahorse, I'm already winning, why would I want to search for prism over a ma/pa/sis?

Cardcar is probably worth considering running though, definitely helps get through that early game period. 

TcHa    132

I'm not suggesting you play more monster but to replace some monsters and find room for them. Also relying solely on xyz's will not give your deck enough power or options I feel. Cards like Scrap Dragon, Vylon Epsilon, Stardust, Thought Ruler, etc are really powerful and give your extra deck way more options. Here is my current build:

MCj2jpl.png

Not maxing batteries seems insane, the card is obviously pretty meh in the first few turns, but it becomes insane so quickly. I can see the extra traps possibly making the early game easier, but I really don't think you want to be playing more dead cards just to add more power to your already extremely powerful seahorse-fueled game. Most games just spamming Starleiges is enough to grind people to the ground, the only worry is keeping the early game solid enough that I don't die before I get to start playing stuff. Rather than Cubes you could just be playing TKing, who is an individually solid card that helps you survive those crucial first few turns.

In my initial list I was playing Threatening Roars in the main, just to survive the first few turns, because I knew I really had nothing to fear after I got a post-seahorse turn. I'm just not really convinced that I need that extra lategame power at the cost of my already mediocre early game, especially in a format with Water and Fire Fist able to get huge advantages over you in the first couple turns.

»victor    6400

Photon Thrasher is a good standalone card. It does everything you want it to do. Beat Raioh, bait removal, make Shock Master, Starliege, etc.

-------------------

Some people really like Batteryman AAA because it is 1 card Shock Master with Recycling Batteries. And Micro Cell makes it really consistent.

-------------

What do you guys think about BLS and Chaos Sorc in here?

I mean you already play Trags, Gorz, and you can easily make Maestroke or Black Corn. You could even play Kagetokage if you need more DARKs.

Moreover, Black Corn and Maestroke are your go-to XYZs against Fire Fists anyway (you can destroy FF without battle with Corn and Maestroke is obv)

Come Tachyon Galaxy, King Feral Imp (Geargigant X for Reptiles) lets you tutor Kagetokage to hand...

Also Cardcar D is really strong in here, because Pot of Duality into CCD into Thunder Seahorse is way too much advantage, and Trag becomes huge.

Trag has great synergy here because you run a lot of LV 4s and you can steal TK Raioh.

-----------------

If you were to play TKR, you need the Trap lineup to support it, so lots of protection for it, Abyss Dweller, Shock Master, etc. Otherwise, it just competes for the Normal Summon, and opponents easily get around it.

TcHa    132

Not maxing batteries seems insane, the card is obviously pretty meh in the first few turns, but it becomes insane so quickly. I can see the extra traps possibly making the early game easier, but I really don't think you want to be playing more dead cards just to add more power to your already extremely powerful seahorse-fueled game. Most games just spamming Starleiges is enough to grind people to the ground, the only worry is keeping the early game solid enough that I don't die before I get to start playing stuff. Rather than Cubes you could just be playing TKing, who is an individually solid card that helps you survive those crucial first few turns.

In my initial list I was playing Threatening Roars in the main, just to survive the first few turns, because I knew I really had nothing to fear after I got a post-seahorse turn. I'm just not really convinced that I need that extra lategame power at the cost of my already mediocre early game, especially in a format with Water and Fire Fist able to get huge advantages over you in the first couple turns.

I feel as though Thunder King is useless in this deck as it not only its awful against Fire Fist and only soso against water, it hinders your seahorse searches. As for battery, you definitely don't "need" 3, look at what happened to salvage in waters, in most cases it's a win-more card and like avarice it adds another card that does not help your early game which is the most difficult part. 

The heavy trap line up is a necessity because the deck is based so much on field presence and maintaining field presence is crucial. Protecting a Dweller, Roach, Shock Master, is imperative. Also it is important in helping you keep yourself in the game against Fire Fist and Waters.

As for the Vylon Prism debate, it's a card that has synergy with your deck in that you can search it through Seahorse and can return it with battery and Sishunder. Starleige is a great card and is an awesome addition to this deck but it's not good enough to push you through the end game. It can easily be fiendish chained when they already have a bigger monster, it can be bottomlessed or prisoned nulifying the draw effect and it only has 2000 attack which is easy for most of the top decks to get around. I still would play it as its a powerful spot removal card that can be a floater to make up for the initial -1 xyz play but it's not powerful enough to carry the deck. Adding Vylon Prism allows you to make the all-powerful level 8 synchros and at the same time making them 1000 attack stronger is just too strong to ignore. Stardust dragon is really good in here in that it will allow you to set more back rows to protect it, and it will protect your second xyz/synchro play from torretial tribute or a darkhole play later on. Being able to make boss monsters that come out at 3500 to 3800 with amazing effects is way too hard to pass up.  

• Upvote 1

Photon Thrasher is a good standalone card. It does everything you want it to do. Beat Raioh, bait removal, make Shock Master, Starliege, etc.

-------------------

Some people really like Batteryman AAA because it is 1 card Shock Master with Recycling Batteries. And Micro Cell makes it really consistent.

-------------

What do you guys think about BLS and Chaos Sorc in here?

I mean you already play Trags, Gorz, and you can easily make Maestroke or Black Corn. You could even play Kagetokage if you need more DARKs.

Moreover, Black Corn and Maestroke are your go-to XYZs against Fire Fists anyway (you can destroy FF without battle with Corn and Maestroke is obv)

Come Tachyon Galaxy, King Feral Imp (Geargigant X for Reptiles) lets you tutor Kagetokage to hand...

Also Cardcar D is really strong in here, because Pot of Duality into CCD into Thunder Seahorse is way too much advantage, and Trag becomes huge.

Trag has great synergy here because you run a lot of LV 4s and you can steal TK Raioh.

-----------------

If you were to play TKR, you need the Trap lineup to support it, so lots of protection for it, Abyss Dweller, Shock Master, etc. Otherwise, it just competes for the Normal Summon, and opponents easily get around it.

Photon Thrasher could be alright, I had considered it, but I dismissed it rather quickly. 

Batteryman AAA seems like the greediest thing imaginable.

I really don't think adding more dead cards to your early game in the form of BLS/Sorc is where you want to be.

Cardcar is definitely an option to consider. Not because of raw advantage, but just to help dig for Seahorse. My only concern is that it's a little durdley, and pretty miserable to draw later on. 

Trag is nuts, yeah, I'd play 6 of them if I could. 

You really don't need that many traps for TKR to be good, the card is a thorn they have to deal with regardless. The main reason it's Thunder King over something else is that it helps the first couple turns go a little smoother, while later on it can be xyz fodder alongside ma/pa. 

»victor    6400

People used to play

300px-CardTrooper-BP01-EN-C-1E.png

in here.

It fuels Pot of Avarice, makes Recycling Batteries live, beats over Raioh, etc.

• Upvote 2

I feel as though Thunder King is useless in this deck as it not only its awful against Fire Fist and only soso against water, it hinders your seahorse searches. As for battery, you definitely don't "need" 3, look at what happened to salvage in waters, in most cases it's a win-more card and like avarice it adds another card that does not help your early game which is the most difficult part. 

The heavy trap line up is a necessity because the deck is based so much on field presence and maintaining field presence is crucial. Protecting a Dweller, Roach, Shock Master, is imperative. Also it is important in helping you keep yourself in the game against Fire Fist and Waters.

As for the Vylon Prism debate, it's a card that has synergy with your deck in that you can search it through Seahorse and can return it with battery and Sishunder. Starleige is a great card and is an awesome addition to this deck but it's not good enough to push you through the end game. It can easily be fiendish chained when they already have a bigger monster, it can be bottomlessed or prisoned nulifying the draw effect and it only has 2000 attack which is easy for most of the top decks to get around. I still would play it as its a powerful spot removal card that can be a floater to make up for the initial -1 xyz play but it's not powerful enough to carry the deck. Adding Vylon Prism allows you to make the all-powerful level 8 synchros and at the same time making them 1000 attack stronger is just too strong to ignore. Stardust dragon is really good in here in that it will allow you to set more back rows to protect it, and it will protect your second xyz/synchro play from torretial tribute or a darkhole play later on. Being able to make boss monsters that come out at 3500 to 3800 with amazing effects is way too hard to pass up.  

Tking is far from a great card, I'll be the first to admit, but I appreciate that it does SOMETHING early on. If I were to cut anything for Card Cars in my build, it would probably be the Thunder Kings. Only reason I was comparing TKing to Prism in your list was since they fill the same basic role in the deck, of being fodder in the late game, however TKing also has an early game application that does a little more than nothing. 

Salvage in water is a very different case, Water is an extremely fast, consistent, graveyard deck. It wants to do what it does quickly, and Salvage doesn't help in that regard. It has another (searchable even) card that lets it get away with this aggression early on in Abyss-Squall, builds cutting Salvage are doing it not because Salvage is a poor choice, but because Squall is a better option. In this deck, Recycling Batteries isn't searchable, and is really what helps guarantee you win the longer grinds. 

I feel we just have vastly different ideas about this deck. To me this deck IS Starleige, and without Starleige the deck is pretty terrible. I make Starleige more than every other card in my extra combined, and I really don't care about my field presence at all, since after the deck starts going, it's very easy to continue dropping at least one rank 4 every turn for the rest of the game. Sure, people can kill it, I expect them to kill it, I don't care if they kill it. I'm making Starleiges for between 1 and .5 cards, depending on what I have going on. It's a grind I'm going to win. Yeah, they can have BTH/Prison, but Level 8 synchros aren't much better at dealing with BTH or Prison, you have to read the one you think they have, and then make either Stardust or Thought Ruler appropriately. Most of the time, you just have to either bait it out, or destroy it with MST regardless of what your extra deck looks like. 

People used to play

300px-CardTrooper-BP01-EN-C-1E.png

in here.

It fuels Pot of Avarice, makes Recycling Batteries live, beats over Raioh, etc.

I honestly don't know why I didn't think of this. It's a more aggressive Cardcar in a lot of situations that also helps setup everything. You're a master sometimes, Victor.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

tumblr_m06gy37VnD1qjt5tko1_500.png

• Upvote 7

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

My only lone concern with this is what I can/can't do if I don't see Seahorse quickly, or if I lose them all to my mills w/o Sis able to rescue them.

My only lone concern with this is what I can/can't do if I don't see Seahorse quickly, or if I lose them all to my mills w/o Sis able to rescue them.

That is the major issue with the deck. When you see an early seahorse, the deck goes nuts. But when you don't your deck is a pile of monsters with built-in double summons, with very few total monsters in the deck. You really need Seahorse, or some kind of hand that can use Batteries early on in order to really do much of anything. That is where trooper helps though, not only does it make your batteries live earlier, but when it dies it helps dig for your seahorse as well.

Been playing something similar for a few weeks. You should def be playing 2 cardcar over the thunderkings, just too good with trag/duality and hitting seahorse. Also, I would cut the compuls for fiendish chains because its  and add 2 d prisons over the gorz / book of moon.

Jesus the Jew    986

That is the major issue with the deck. When you see an early seahorse, the deck goes nuts. But when you don't your deck is a pile of monsters with built-in double summons, with very few total monsters in the deck. You really need Seahorse, or some kind of hand that can use Batteries early on in order to really do much of anything. That is where trooper helps though, not only does it make your batteries live earlier, but when it dies it helps dig for your seahorse as well.

What about Summoner Monk? It utilizes any of the myriad of dead spells and gets you the Sea Horse. You can than Xyz with it and get it to the grave for Sishunder.

What about Summoner Monk? It utilizes any of the myriad of dead spells and gets you the Sea Horse. You can than Xyz with it and get it to the grave for Sishunder.

What myriad of dead spells? the 3 batteries, which are really important for refueling later on? Monk doesn't seem like it does anything at all. Monk -> sishunder -> seahorse is also a 3 turn process, way too slow.

Been playing something similar for a few weeks. You should def be playing 2 cardcar over the thunderkings, just too good with trag/duality and hitting seahorse. Also, I would cut the compuls for fiendish chains because its  and add 2 d prisons over the gorz / book of moon.

I'm testing troopers over tkings right now, but it's definitely up in the air what I'm doing with those slots. I also cut the honest for a dpris.

I really like book in here, it's a quick way to get Gaios off of the board, and Gorz is almost as nuts as trag. With Warning at 1, it's real tough to play around Gorz right now.

dexer008    805

I would add the 1 one day of peace you are allowed. Extra for getting the sea horse and protects you. You could perhaps also try dark world dealings/ hand destruction / card destruction to find it, as you have recycling batteries to pick up your discard fodder. Thunder Dragon might be also useful to fueling your goal, however you might've wanted the discard draw spells to use it. With thunder dragon, you could also maybe consider lightray grepher and light of redemption along side sishunder. Just some ideas when I'm looking at this deck. 

wduartes    75

Like dexter said, you need to run Roar + One day of peace to protect your field of syshunder or to prepare a push next turn.

I would add the 1 one day of peace you are allowed. Extra for getting the sea horse and protects you. You could perhaps also try dark world dealings/ hand destruction / card destruction to find it, as you have recycling batteries to pick up your discard fodder. Thunder Dragon might be also useful to fueling your goal, however you might've wanted the discard draw spells to use it. With thunder dragon, you could also maybe consider lightray grepher and light of redemption along side sishunder. Just some ideas when I'm looking at this deck. 

I had considered one day awhile ago, but it just seemed way too greedy for this kind of a deck. You really don't have any room to be throwing in draw cards, and the card disadvantage on all of those is a huge pain when your endgame often involves grinding the opponent out. Adding even more situational combo pieces seems like the worst thing I could possibly be doing as far as lightray grepher and light of redemption go. 

Like dexter said, you need to run Roar + One day of peace to protect your field of syshunder or to prepare a push next turn.

I was running roar, but realized playing real traps was probably just better, especially with how big of a problem the deck can have with Gaios.

Have you considered maining a Maxx C or 2?

I'm not a huge fan of that card maindecked right now. It's pretty awful to have versus Fire Fists.

also, list updated.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

I actually haven't needed Avarice. I never feel right calling IT win-moar of all things, but...

rolcal    41

Have you considered maining a Maxx C or 2?

I'm not a huge fan of that card maindecked right now. It's pretty awful to have versus Fire Fists.

also, list updated.

I suppose that's true. I guess my perspective on it may be skewed because everyone around me plays Water rather than FF.

I actually haven't needed Avarice. I never feel right calling IT win-moar of all things, but...

I'm not sure, Avarice hasn't really been on the watchlist while testing. The card is the most absurd thing when it resolves, but you might be right that it isn't needed. I often do end up setting it if my hand size gets to be an issue.