Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

Nish    253

hearthstone-gnome-banner.jpg

Hearthstone is a free to play, virtual collectable card game by Blizzard Entertainment, based in the Warcraft Universe.

What is Hearthstone? (Videos)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Gosh fucking dang it

I was hoping it was a warcraft RTS sequel, you got me so excited.

• Upvote 3

Nish    253

I think a lot of people were hoping for something a little bit better than this lol

Their next announcements I imagine are going to be about Titan and/or Blizzard DotA, don't imagine there's going to be a Warcraft sequel for a loooong time

PsyKnz    195

So is this a new TCG, or their old one just getting a well supported digital release?

Nish    253

New tcg, I think it's basically a simpler version of their current tcg to try get more people into card games (and make some $$$ in the process)

JAELOVE    87

I really want to play this if it has prize support. But somehow I doubt there will be big tournaments.

SSJ Grumpig    5620

oh wow you still exist

also lol what an anti climactic game announcement

Nish    253

It was only a PAX announcement, Blizzard aren't realistically going to be announcing anything big when they have their own convention to do that at :p

beetle    1115

I saw this at Pax, it looked terrible.  I actually liked their old wow game, wish this was just a port for it :/  Really depressing when Blizz revealed this and the d3 port at Pax.

Nish    253

Yeah the WoW tcg was actually pretty solid in terms of gameplay but the casual blizzard fan who hasn't touched a card game in their life isn't going to want to learn something new unless it's literally the simplest thing in existence.

For what it is (a really basic game) it doesn't look that bad, but of course it's not going to compare to the current tcg's available already.

Think of it as a bridge towards real tcg's I guess, it's never a bad thing potentially bringing more people into card games!

beetle    1115

Yeah the WoW tcg was actually pretty solid in terms of gameplay but the casual blizzard fan who hasn't touched a card game in their life isn't going to want to learn something new unless it's literally the simplest thing in existence.

For what it is (a really basic game) it doesn't look that bad, but of course it's not going to compare to the current tcg's available already.

Think of it as a bridge towards real tcg's I guess, it's never a bad thing potentially bringing more people into card games!

It was kind of hard to learn, but had really sick combos and a lot of different styles deck-wise.  I really wish it were still a thing.  My buddy used to buy a case of every set, ebay the loot cards and basically have the rest of the cards for free. 

Nish    253

I didn't play it for long as there wasn't really a huge wow scene in my local area, but the game itself was really entertaining

At least with this being online and free to play, aswell as attracting a bunch of Blizzard fans it'll be really easy to find a bunch of people to play with :p

Elements    569

i know a bunch of people who still play the game under the new management and its still as good as it was. i played the original hen it first came out and it was one of the best well rounded card games ive ever played. i dont get why it wasnt more popular tbh... maybe the name WOW carries a stigma?

beetle    1115

I think Blizzard could have made everything better if they just had a "Blizzard CCG" instead of just focusing on WOW.  It would be sweet to have Diablo and SC cards and shit (maybe some stuff from old snes blizzard games as well for fun cards).  My friend also told me that every new WOW ccg set that came out made the previous set look like shit and be obsolete.  I could see where that would be frustrating when each set is 200+ cards.

Blizzard could also finally make their version of Dota.  I think it would be cool to have WOW heroes vs SC vs Diablo, etc in a moba format.

Nish    253

So this has moved into closed beta and a lot of popular streamers are streaming this, it looks pretty entertaining and I hope Blizz sends out some EU beta keys soon :<

Axle    1217

Hopefully the game becomes popular enough that even at the highest brackets you won't have players who know each other. People who stream snipe will kill high level streaming for this game considering it's a million times easier to just write down the streamer's hand than it is to  try to ghost something like League of Legends in 3 minute delay. 

Nish    253

Some dude spent like $500+ already lol, holy shit

I don't see the point in spending this much on cards, pretty sure you can get enough to do well from 1/10th that amount of $$$ and then just craft the good cards you miss from disenchanting the extras lol

Axle    1217

I don't feel you need to put that much into the game to get places. I got a beta key and got to 3 stars Master pretty quick without spending a penny(Playing a Shaman Control deck). Not really that hard,  we're yugioh/mtg players :).  Took less than 50 games though. Maybe time to rank up will be based on # of laddered players? Anyways, you get at least 1000 gold from the easy quests, giving you plenty of chances to do well in arena and disenchant till you get what you need.  The main thing that requires money is legendary cards but they're not game warping. Most of the played ones are just simple +1 value cards that can be answered like any other regular creature. 

Nish    253

Yeah from watching streams everyone seems really bad, so many misplays even at the higher levels

+Paraliel+    8030

This game is so fun. I got it today and holy shit do I have to play very well to not lose outright to stuff like topdecking a Fireball or something.

+Paraliel+    8030

Dumbest things I've lost to:

1) Topdecked Pyroblast when I have a full field of creatures ready to kill someone.

2) In a good position to just outright kill my opponent, where the only thing he needs is 2 blockers. He uses Thoughtsteal and then summons 2 Blockers that he got from my deck.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

I want in.