Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

Ammit    5159

i've just had gold sitting around. i have almost 1400 after buying the first wing, only need 1400 more.

Conspire    2391

You don't need to grind arena to farm gold.  Playing matches and completing quests is working fine for me.  I always spent all my gold, started saving when they announced BRM and saved 2200 by today.  Just need 1300 more which I'll probably have by the time the last 2 wings are out.

Grim Patron deck is the most fun I've had in Hearthstone in a while.  Feels kinda like the old midrange hunter when Buzzard was at 2.  You explode one turn with like 7 dudes, 20+ damage and massive card draw.  It shits on face hunter too, which is nice.

Resurrect has weird application to it.  You don't want to play shitty minions early because you don't want to bring them back.  But you need to play them otherwise you'll lose tempo and die.  If you could reliably draw ways to prevent aggro from stomping your shit you could make an awesome greedy priest deck.

I've tried Gang-Up in my oil rogue (I don't have van cleef or bloodmage so I have the spot) and it just ended up feeling like an insurance policy.  In games you're losing it's obviously not going to help.  One game vs. Warrior I used it on my opponent's Dr. Boom, which was cool.  I was solidly in control the whole game but at least I knew if my opponent was able to stabilize he'd eventually have 3 Dr. Boom's to deal with.

aurirevoir    2861

props to blizzard for the mage class challenge

Ammit    5159

props to blizzard for the mage class challenge

I got an auctioneer in it, and my opponent played millhouse the turn i could play the auctioneer so i drew  a lot.

• Upvote 2

harig07    2058

^ That's weird I got Auctioneer and Violet Teacher first time round, second time got Antonidas

aurirevoir    2861

was hanging around ranked doing some drunk handlock testing feat. emperor thaurissan when a wild josh graham appeared

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2004-02-15%2021

I won though I think he dc'd for a turn or so.  I think I was comfortably ahead before then since my turn five 3/15 jaraxxus did work on his board

it could be a different impact but i doubt it, not the most common name

• Upvote 2

»Digbick    7243

i played the mage challenge. He dropped milhouse and it was my 4th turn.I  unstabled archmage lmao

• Upvote 2

»BoraxTheLean    7119

i played the mage challenge. He dropped milhouse and it was my 4th turn, and i unstabled archmage lmao

Lack of pics QQ

»Digbick    7243

VYqUkoG.jpg

• Upvote 3

+Paraliel+    8030

I really hope Thaurissan gets changed. Normally I'd wait for the meta to stabalize and such before saying something like that...

but this card is just completely different.

Conspire    2391

My mage challenge was beast.

> turn 1 pass obv

> "how did this guy get in here?"

> opp: coin -> Millhouse Manastorm

> 5 unstable portals, 3 1 drops, Edwin Van Cleef and Faceless Manipulator

> play 3 1 drops and 18/18 Edwin for free, copy Edwin, win on turn 3

• Upvote 2

»Digbick    7243

yooo thaurisan is insane, crazy in rouge and mage

Dawgy    2038
I drafted a Grim Patron in Arena with a Mage deck.

He ended up having a ton of value in the game I played against vs. a Paladin deck in arena and pretty much singlehandedly won me the game... But he was kind of stupid and played his hero power into it once.

The turn I brought him out, I pinged him to get another fresh copy. On the turn he played his hero power, I ended up trading with the recruit with my Patron for a free copy, pinged the new one for another copy, and then used Earthen Ring Farseer to heal the first back to full (it was at 1 HP). From there I killed two or three minions that he dropped from his hand, which was super great value.

The card can also be great if you're staring down one meaty monster, but only one on the board. Assuming your opponent doesn't remove both Patrons in one swing the turn after you play them, it allows you to trade as a +1 usually if two patron swings will take it out (not necessarily advantageous in mana, but rather in card advantage, which is more important anyways in arena at that stage in the game.)

So basically, as far as Arena is concerned, although I'm still testing it, I'd probably only draft it in Mage. As far as its value in Mage is concerned, it's basically great if you have board control on turn 7, as your opponent will be forced to be wary about how they place their minions, as the Fire Blast hero power essentially becomes "Deal 3 Damage" in that scenario. It can force out certain AoE or removal spells and allow you to hold resources in hand for when those come out. Otherwise, Grim Patron is pretty underwhelming if you're in a losing position, as your opponent will probably just dispose of both patrons easily without losing card advantage or by going even... Which is something you really can't afford when you're behind.

nippie    23

is there someone on right now that i can add and spectate to get a free pack

Blacklisted    1328

162bce3cf3.png

This game was entirely skill and in no way because I was able to get a Thaurissan first and could maintain it.

As if the Druid mirror wasn't already the military arms race of who got the Growth/Lore first.

aurirevoir    2861

I was watching Reynad's stream and he said that t4 innervate into emperor is, in his opinion, the best draw in the game.  I don't think he's too off-base with that statement.

there's also this tweet from last night https://twitter.com/Chakki_HS/status/583826109415981056

• Upvote 3

»Ryuuzaki    2545

I was watching Reynad's stream and he said that t4 innervate into emperor is, in his opinion, the best draw in the game.  I don't think he's too off-base with that statement.

there's also this tweet from last night https://twitter.com/Chakki_HS/status/583826109415981056

I was dropping it turn 3 on some situations with Coin Innervate last night XD

card is so fun. :o