Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

+Digbick    7226

aw yea demonwrath is out. Been waiting for it

Kahlil    808

Hungry Dragon is so fucking good in rogue holy shit.

Calling it now, its going to been seen in almost every deck.

Hungry Dragon also has the ability to make mind control tech a live card

+Digbick    7226

this is my demonlock deck, am thinking of replacing hellfire. Do not have Jaxx atm

Ab0a6uX.png

Elements    569

Rogue class challenge was really fun. the rest was a joke.

Eston    202

I haven't tried the heroic this week, but heroic pve last week was pretty difficult.  

Heroics are the only thing meant to actually be hard.  

aurirevoir    2860

I don't think it would be outrageous to have a card-related reward tied to heroic completion, like a new legendary card for completion of a full heroic adventure for example

aurirevoir    2860

I just think there should be relevant content that gets earned.  card backs/cosmetics don't qualify as relevant imo and besides, if you aren't using the OG hearthstone cardback you're doing it wrong.  it's like the basic yugi avatar on DN, why would you use anything else

»BoraxTheLean    7119
Classic card back for life.

I like the idea of mana crystal skins.

But heroic definitely can't give you new cards. if the adventurer was completely free then sure make it as hard as you want
  • Upvote 1

harig07    2058

I just think there should be relevant content that gets earned.  card backs/cosmetics don't qualify as relevant imo and besides, if you aren't using the OG hearthstone cardback you're doing it wrong.  it's like the basic yugi avatar on DN, why would you use anything else

If the exclusive Heroic cards were good it would skew the game even further into pay to win territory. Heroic challenges are way too difficult for players that don't have extensive cardpools. Personally I'd like the idea of Gold versions coming from Heroics, which I think was originally the plan for Naxxramas but Blizzard wanted the Gold versions of Naxx cards to be more "easily accessible" via dusting (more likely reason being so that they can get more money out of players who want Gold versions of those cards).

Hell even a hidden quest that gives a fuckton of Gold would be cool, but I doubt any of that will happen, at least not within the foreseeable future.

Donnie    2189

^ For some reason when things are online, people suddenly believe everything should be free.

Naxx heroics were actually much harder than BRM's thus far.

harig07    2058

I don't have a problem with pay to win, I just try to acknowledge that other people in the Hearthstone community view it as a problem. Imo it just is what it is. Ideals conflict with practicality, I'm sure most of us accept practicality, but I see why people make the idealistic argument and whatever substance such an argument holds.

In other news Hungry Dragon OP in Rogue:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04_24_15_16_01_52

Really though I didn't think Dark Iron Skulker was as good as it is when I first saw it, but now I've used it I see the light. Skulker is truly MVP.

@Paraliel: The dream would be to have ten Jackie Chan talismans as my mana crystals

Would religiously play Druid so I could Innervate and have the awesomeness of all twelve 

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Some games certainly *are* “Pay-to-Win”, strictly speaking, in which the more money a player spends, the more powerful they become and the more likely to succeed against players who have spent less. Most of them tend to be social or mobile games in which players can spend money to dramatically advance their progress, or acquire items or power-ups that significantly increase their ability to defeat other players. Many of them have little or no real strategy to speak of, but rather simply feed off of their users desire to get ahead of their friends or hold the top spots on leaderboards.

The mobile part is what resonates with me as pay to win.

I think that card games are pay to participate, as are most games.

Also...wat don't u agree with...

I hope the text on this post isn't fucked up

• Upvote 1

Dawgy    2038

You can beat every heroic with basically no cards js

Please tell me how to beat Heroic General Drakkisath with basically no cards.

Dawgy    2038

They could do the following:

Gold card borders are shiny. What about DIAMOND CARD BORDERS?

Not necessarily achievement related, but it would feel nice if I earned a little bit of gold from completing a Heroic chamber. Maybe like 100 per? (Seems like a lot, but it really isn't if you think about it.)

Play mats that your opponent can see. Think YGO here, but instead of the wooden backdrop, have it be something custom.

Different reprints of cards with maybe different quotes or look cooler or something (think Dark Magician and Blue Eyes reprints.)

There is a LOT they could have done, and I agree that beating ALL of the heroics for just one card back seems... Dumb.

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Honestly they just need more of the BRM pre-release card back kind of thing.

Tons of people will pay for that awesome skin which will let them be more generous with sales/catchup mechanisms down the road.

This was something they didn't do for starcraft and each expansion was pretty costly when it came out as a result.  (this is just something I heard second hand)