Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

SrkyBoy    27
I think nefarian is the aggresor,if rag draws either removal and nefarian doesnt get good spells,rag wins,also molten is pretty busted

wonderPreaux    1407

I'm 5-1 in brawls, punting a game as Rag, but I've had entirely winnable games as both characters. The variance and brute force of Nefarian definitely makes him the aggro, especially when you just get nutter spell draws (my favorites so far have been rolling Silence to counter Living Bomb and hitting Power Overwhelming/Lay on Hands), and Ragnaros has an incredible long game (of the 3 games I played, I've yet to actually go past the Magma Rager power, it's so strong) with the ability to just crank out 5/1s and drop a few heaters in the form of his gang of legends. 

Strategy aside, this has been absurdly fun to play, regardless of variance or not knowing the lore, it's just very cool to throw around crazy cards and have a good time.

»Ryuuzaki    2545

Also,does anyone know what 383 means when u are entering brawl above nefarian and rag?

That is the amount of people who have uninstalled the game after losing as Nefarian.

I haven't played yet, so much school work.  Hopefully I can play some today!

LOL

I'm 3-0 so far. I've gotten Nefarian twice, and Ragnoras once. The one time I got Rag I just went face until I could kill him with hero ability.

I like the ability to play with so many interestingly designed cards. The Dr. Boom dragon that spawns 2 2/2s is really good and I wish it were real. :3

LionHeart77    64
3-3 =/ haven't lost as Nef haven't won as Rag. Maybe I should spam the 5-1's more. Just never feels like I can contain long to make it to late game.

It's a really fun mode tho. Can definitely see wasting time here.

»BoraxTheLean    7119

I've only lost once with rag, and I punted because I didn't read my opponent's card.

It seems like they're a lot closer to even than all the ppl who are QQing say.

People are just going to make more mistakes when they're playing the control deck is all.

Carbon    1859

I have everything for Freeze Mage besides the 3 Legendary cards.

I have 1700 Dust so I can only get one and I don't spend money so it'll likely be a while before I get the others.

So which is the most required to up the win rate?

Alex, BloodMage, or Archmage? 

I think I want Alex because I can use it in multiple decks but at the same time I feel like Archmage is more useful in winning the game more often. idk 

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Alex.

167.gif

This was so funny I had to share it with my DG HeartStoners.

by the way are any of you going to be at ygo nationals?

Sykotic    7973

i played twice once as rag once as nef, won both and they seemed relatively balanced. nef has a strong early game but it seems like he can run out of stuff once it gets to the late mid-game. although i have to note my win as rag came after my opponent missed an obvious lethal lol

SrkyBoy    27
What do u guys think,what is the best build for patron?do u play block/slam?how many cruels?what about ghoul?i've been recently trying shield block without shield slam,its been alright.

+Digbick    7227

I always laugh my ass off when my doomsayer triggers an opponent's mirror entity. The value 

Impact    3807

if anyone wants an hour free coaching on stream- free coaching starts monday, pm me. must not have autism.

Spadaro 3    1580

Just started playing this last week, struggling at rank 8 atm. does anyone have any tips/links to videos on how to play patron correctly?

• Upvote 1

Eternal    13

Just started playing this last week, struggling at rank 8 atm. does anyone have any tips/links to videos on how to play patron correctly?

Trump has a video series with the guy who pioneered the deck. https://youtu.be/cujf-O85-VcTh3rat is a hard working and pretty excellent player imo, so I think his insight is worth it.

I'm currently stuck at rank 13, and have been for about a week now. It's my first month of trying to ladder. I feel like I'm pretty poor at the game, and I recognize that I'm probably not good at making optimal plays...a big problem of mine though is that I have very little idea on what exactly it is that I'm doing wrong. I've been keeping track of my games with little notes attached, but it's hard to tell when exactly the turning point is or how to change it. It's very possible that it's just me being inexperienced with mulligans and what to expect in match-ups, but I'm trying to accelerate the process while playing as much as possible. I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm not expecting to be spoonfed, I just need a little bit of direction.

Eternal    13

what deck/s are you playing

Midrange Hunter and Midrange Paladin mostly. Some Control Priest here and there. Most of my success has been with the hunter deck, but only by a small margin.

[spoiler]cFc0cVD.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler]m974raq.png[/spoiler]

I am at rank 3 and I only played warlock and midrange hunter pretty much. Can't really say I like control priest or paladin but you should get to high ranks if you continue to play midrange. Pehaps do some minor improvements with the list and just keep playing.

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Are you playing vs decks that axe is good against?  Temo mage, zoo, hunter?  Or decks that it isn't great agaisnt, Druid, Warrior?

Kahlil    808

if anyone wants an hour free coaching on stream- free coaching starts monday, pm me. must not have the cuddles.

dibs

Spadaro 3    1580

So ive been doing quite well with control warrior lately, but as soon as i hit rank 6 literally all im running into is fucking tempo mage and i cant do anything lmao.

What deck has a strong match up vs tempo mage?

Blacklisted    1327

a011dc6778.png

Just finished the last tarvern brawl game of week 1 and I have to say that ultimately Ragnaros was always the broken one and not Nefarian.