Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

yellowlink    1

No really incentive still going for legendary. Ranked Rewards only go up till Rank 5, which is pretty easy. I am not gonna complain they give you golden cards at least. I would like to hit legend again but I already have the card back, so no really point to it, because i just don't gain anything form it only self satisfaction really. They should at least give you a little more dust for at least hitting legendary, if not a golden card or legendary. 

Rogue is still weak. Only form of rogue useable in constructed is really Oil Rogue. I wish Tempo rogue could be a thing, because some cards in rogue class are really good. The rogue legendary is bad. Anivia seems to be decent. Joust mechanics are not bad. Some cards will see play like the sunwalker card. I feel like Joust mechanisms will suck against handlock / control / mirror matchups. But they are more or less made against aggro decks, so I think they should serve their purpose fine. 

Don't know what to say about the Pally legendary, I wish it cosed 1 less mana or like had 1 or 2 more attack stats. Guess it does counter Dr.Boom though, Don't know how I feel playing it, if I already have 2 peacekeepers in the deck. Pally weapon is bad. I like the 5/5 Turtle joust guy that heals. Definitely gonna put that in instead of Healbot. I feel like its a much better card even though sometimes you might not get effects, generally you only need heal as a pally vs aggro decks so it should serve its purpose fine. Now if Only pally gets a decent Draw Card. 

Druid is getting good cards this expansion, which is a good sign along with shaman. 

The 4 mana legendary might be decent in a Zoo / Muster deck, not really sure. But generally if you field is packed you are usually dominating anyways. 4/4 is a decent stats by itself though most of the time. I will definitely try it. 

Black knight might see play again if TGT really does make the format slow, which I think is trying to do. I hope they release the expansion soon.  We still have a little more than half of the cards still left to reveal, so still excited. :O 

Congrats Impact :D 

».ben.    7438

idk. the pally weapon seems good to me.

Knight-    6

Why do people need incentive to get legend? I will never understand that. Like, if you want to get high ranked, whether or not there are rewards will be irrelevant. Plus, I guarantee a majority of people that need motivation to get legend wouldn't get it anyways.

MZAAZM    309

Just started Playing today, pretty fun. Is it worth $buying some packs when starting or can I get decent playable decks early from playing cpu for experience and cards?

BrandonBalls    1308

Hello old friends. If any of you want to add me I'm Scarab#1257. I have been playing quite of bit of Hearthstone since I stopped playing Yugioh. I played almost strictly Arena for the first few months but last month I finished 37th in NA Legend as my first Constructed month and I hit Top 10 Legend 2 days ago, I went for Rank 1 but I tanked hard. Good job Josh.  

Edit: No more Rep??????

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Hello old friends. If any of you want to add me I'm Scarab#1257. I have been playing quite of bit of Hearthstone since I stopped playing Yugioh. I played almost strictly Arena for the first few months but last month I finished 37th in NA Legend as my first Constructed month and I hit Top 10 Legend 2 days ago, I went for Rank 1 but I tanked hard. Good job Josh.  

Rep is dead.

Forlum    9162
Man, I'm bummed out. Trump did the math on the Joust mechanic.

You don't benefit from ties.
The lower cost jousters don't really fit the mechanic.
The highest cost ones are marginally better than existing cards but not worth the low chance of winning a joust.

Tuskarr seems good though.

»Digbick    7263

i'm planning to use the gadgetzan jouster in mountain giant to replace zombie chow

itswhatever    3286

I'm glad I told you to play HS lol

»Digbick    7263

lmfao, sjow was playing against grim patron. He had 30 hp, opp had lethal. But he screwed up by playing another whirlwind that killed frothing. sjow lightbombed next turn

MZAAZM    309

Just started Playing today, pretty fun. Is it worth $buying some packs when starting or can I get decent playable decks early from playing cpu for experience and cards?

Like, is it worth buying 10-20 packs or is it easy to play competitive without spending. 

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Like, is it worth buying 10-20 packs or is it easy to play competitive without spending. 

You need to buy the cards.  Adventures and some packs.

Not easy to be competitive w/o spending.  Competitive meaning playing against the best players in the world etc.

MZAAZM    309

Not easy to be competitive w/o spending.  Competitive meaning playing against the best players in the world etc.

thanks, can't really get both adventures so naxxramus or blackrock? thank you 

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Just depends on what you want to play.  I hoenstly don't remember what cards are in each.  You'd have to see what decks you want to play go from there.

Might be worth waiting until the expansion idk.

Impact    3807

just spend the money - you spent the money on yugioh cards so spend the money on hearthstone ones. especially cause the tourney prize support is sick.

»Digbick    7263

buying hearthstone packs is better investment than yugioh. Its cheaper, you dont get fucked over by banlist and reprints. Tournament scene is better, you can play wherever you are

Both are pretty important but naxxramas has universally better cards so you should definitely buy that first. Do keep in mind that the adventure in naxx is harder to complete compared to brm so buying/having access to actual packs is the most important.

Impact    3807

added u brandon. dont give out my tag lol

Morgenmuffel    19

Any advice for rogue draft/play in arena? Aside from the games where my hands brick, I feel like I just get my face smashed in so quickly at some points that I can't dagger to good effect. Or when I finally get some semblance of board control, I just get shot with some quick burst damage and die.

I might also be misjudging how well i can push their face in plenty of times too? A couple of times I thought I didn't have enough deck left to play the board game and tried to setup lethal or push out as much damage as possible. Just got punished hard in return.

Impact    3807

finally got my golden warrior Kreygasm

d1b8bd5a9b322ebfea7a6a0b3b85f90a.png

if anyone wants the list

1077c1a6562feafe30ce089085e1a400.png

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot I love control warrior but it was hard to find a decent list nowadays. With alextrazsas champion and bash coming this deck will most likely get better. Did you try nefarian in this?

Also what does everyone think of icehowl? Seems bad but I guess aviana druid can take advantage of it?

Donnie    2189
It's an ok card, it's big removal that leaves which is something that Druid lacks, but there are very few things you couldn't just BGH, instead.

Impact    3807

Thanks a lot I love control warrior but it was hard to find a decent list nowadays. With alextrazsas champion and bash coming this deck will most likely get better. Did you try nefarian in this?

Also what does everyone think of icehowl? Seems bad but I guess aviana druid can take advantage of it?

Nefarian's too random for my taste. I don't want to pay 9 mana to draw 2 cards and get BGH'd. Every other BGH target has a huge impact on the board and Deathwing only is there for out of control gamestates or to win the mirror match in fatigue.

I am going 6-0 so far with the build but I dont have deathwing so I swapped it out for nefarian. Its hard to compare the two cards but nefarian had pretty good value in my matchups so far and I believe having a deathwing instead of him would be subpar but that was just my small testing. Deathwing does seem pretty good vs patron warrior though as a counter to their last push.