Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

Ammit    5159

for whatever reason everytime i actually try during a season i can hit 5+ easily early in the season when it's supposedly harder but as the season goes on i get stuck in the 5-3 range even though multiple people have said it's easier to climb later to legend

• Upvote 1

aurirevoir    2868

What is that app?

heartharena overlay

i was gonna get the heartharena overlay when they were about to release it but I heard a lot of negative stuff about how it runs off an app that bogs down your computer etc.

I just keep track of cards played/remaining in deck in my head and it's worked out fine for me

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438

Blech - I am stuck at 12-10 this season (dropped to 14 after a drunken session one night! oops). Any general words of wisdom?...besides don't play hammered? XD

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Yeah. Like wtf it's just one game.
I'm sure youve wasted countless hours on Hearthstone. 1 game wont kill you.

I ended up not logging onto HS until Monday, I was just very busy.

Naythin    4650

Blech - I am stuck at 12-10 this season (dropped to 14 after a drunken session one night! oops). Any general words of wisdom?...besides don't play hammered? XD

Really focus to identify your mistakes and fix them. Stagnation occurs from continuously making the same mistakes. There are plenty of tools to help with this, from deck trackers and stat recording to just having someone watch your games and discuss plays with you. This helps because the correct play is often unintuitive and going through your options with someone else may open your eyes to plays you didn't even consider. Not to mention they can tell you when you make stupid plays.

Also playing top tier decks (secret paladin, burn shaman, druid) doesn't hurt. They're good for a reason. As lame as it sounds, just copying some pro's deck list (Ostkaka's secret paladin hint hint) that they hit #1 with can help you a lot. This way you can just focus on the technical play instead of second guessing yourself about how good the deck your playing is.

• Upvote 2

brighteyes    2150

I mean Control Warrior is insane enough as it is.

• Upvote 1

Carbon    1883

Been laddering with aggro pally since I just started trying to ladder this season. 

Went relatively quick from ranks 18-9. I guess I'll just keep playing it. Although it's not very fun to play for long periods of time. I'm testing Avenges and a copy of Scientist in the deck. I'm not sure on the Scientist overall but it seems decent with double Avenge, Avenge has been bonkers though. With the Hero Power/Muster/Creeper/etc it's not difficult to set up a board for it to trigger. Its a 3 damage swing for a single mana which is cool but raising the health has been the most important. When it triggers on something with Divine Shield then perf.

• Upvote 1

Slowpoke    1377

Finally got out of my losing streak by switching to Zoo. Has good matchups vs Secret Paladin, RenoLock, Aggro Shaman, and Druid, which is all I've been seeing on ladder lately. Beats Mech/Tempo Mage too which comes up on occasion. A few stars into Rank 5 now, might actually try to go for legend for once in the next few days just because Zoo has been doing super well for me right now.

• Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150

If I play versus one more Priest deck I'm throwing my laptop across the room.

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438

If I play versus one more Priest deck I'm throwing my laptop across the room.

The worst is when I'm trying to get a few quick priest quests done in casual and it's all mirrors. >_<

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438

Really focus to identify your mistakes and fix them. Stagnation occurs from continuously making the same mistakes. There are plenty of tools to help with this, from deck trackers and stat recording to just having someone watch your games and discuss plays with you. This helps because the correct play is often unintuitive and going through your options with someone else may open your eyes to plays you didn't even consider. Not to mention they can tell you when you make stupid plays.

Also playing top tier decks (secret paladin, burn shaman, druid) doesn't hurt. They're good for a reason. As lame as it sounds, just copying some pro's deck list (Ostkaka's secret paladin hint hint) that they hit #1 with can help you a lot. This way you can just focus on the technical play instead of second guessing yourself about how good the deck your playing is.

Thanks for the good tips man!

• Upvote 1

Slowpoke    1377

So turns out everyone in the top ranks figured out that zoo is the best deck to be laddering with right now so lots of mirror matches now in Rank 4. Good thing I've been playing double Sea Giants for the secret Paladin matchup already so winning most of my mirror games now too ;)

• Upvote 2

brighteyes    2150
Sea Giant is a really recent thing iirc
  • Upvote 1

»Digbick    7262
I won tavern brawl last night but it didn't count as a win????
  • Upvote 1

Slowpoke    1377

Sea Giant is a really recent thing iirc

Always an on and off thing, earliest I remember it being super consistent was with Sjow's list, latest list I remember is Reynad's Seeker build.

Can't get out of Rank 4 :,( And losing my good matchups too to druid/paly god hands qq

• Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150

I'm caught on rank 8 right now.

• Upvote 1

Slowpoke    1377

When you take 10 damage from Juggernaut bomb the following turn he was played when you have 14 cards in your deck. Cool. And then lose the turn after since you went from 19 health to 10 from the bomb. Cool.

• Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150

That feel when you play Ysera vs Mage and they play Sylvanis and Fireball their own Sylvanis to take your Ysera and beat you with it.

• Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150

If this shit keeps up, I am going back to ygo.

• Upvote 1

Slowpoke    1377

Fuck this game, went from Rank 3 to Rank 6 with only 1 star because of god hands and top deck lethals.

• Upvote 1