Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

wonderPreaux    1408
I was at rank 1, 3 stars, accidentally took too much cough syrup, hit an 8 game losing streak and now I'm stuck in rank 2 ~4 stars
  • Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8032

i was at legend and then my computer exploded so now im rank 25 FeelsBadMan

• Upvote 5

Conspire    2391
Honestly you don't drop that hard due to luck. You're making mistakes either in game play, mulligans or deck selection that are affecting your win ratio.
  • Upvote 3

brighteyes    2150
I mean for every game that I post about, I play another 5-7 that I either win or can distingish things that I could have done better to win. If I seem like I am bitching about the game, it's just because I lose in outrageous ways lol
  • Upvote 2

Slowpoke    1377

Hearthstone has made me realize that tilting is something I have a huge problem with honestly. I'll go three games in a row of losing to turn 7 druid combo, Challenger -> Boom -> Tirion, etc, and after that I'll be on tilt and start misplaying hard. Definitely not getting legend anymore this season because I don't have time to play anymore, but learned a lot about myself as a player, mainly that I need to step away when I start tilting or else I'm going to lose to my mistakes afterwards. Going to also have to just work on not tilting as much as I do now.

• Upvote 1

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

Hearthstone can be tilting sometimes. Last season I was one star away from 5, before losing 10+ in a row. I didn't think I was misplaying much or at all, just getting bad hands or losing to worse hands. I took a break for a few days, then went on a massive win streak back into 5. It's true that some days I feel like I can't win, and other days I can't lose. 

Since I don't play competitively / seriously, I know I am not a great player, which keeps me humble. I know I always have more to learn. This past month, I started trying to meta the ladder instead of just jamming the same cards over and over, and I got to 5 within a couple days. I would be continuing to work on legend, but been playing MTGO instead. 

fwiw I also only ever grind to 5, then stop. It's enough to get a golden epic and hella dust lol. I missed 5 my first month playing, and have hit it every one since (5/6 I think). 

What I enjoy about Hearthstone is it can upset me, and I can take a break for a few days and it doesn't change anything. I can just come back to it when I am ready. I've also come to terms with a lot of the game's variance. In Magic, 70% is about as good of a win ratio as you can get, with many of those losses to mana screw and other variance issues. Hearthstone is similar, except there is no mana screw. You just have to accept things like Shredder, Knife Juggler, etc as "mana screw". 

• Upvote 3

Sitting at Rank 2, 3 Stars after switching to Secret Paladin. Deck just feels very efficient. I'm not sure how hard I will push to hit legend, but it would be nice to check the box while I'm up here, but it's just such a drain. I've been playing a lot of mirrors lately. 

• Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150

I'm at rank 6 right now. Do y'all think it's worth it to stop at rank 5 or move on to legend? There are like 4 days left or some shit?

• Upvote 1

I'm at rank 6 right now. Do y'all think it's worth it to stop at rank 5 or move on to legend? There are like 4 days left or some shit?

I was rank 4 the first week of the season, currently rank 1. I wouldn't "aim" for legend if I were you. My current strategy ever since the release of ranking reward system was to get to rank 3-4 and for the rest of the season farm wins. (I want to have the golden heroes so I play warrior even though it is not really a good pick atm) Play with the mindset that you have done enough imo. You will notice you won't be tilting during and after your games anymore and if you end up at staying at rank 4-5 it is fine. I never expected to get to rank 1 this season but I guess it is understandable when you actually play without the intent to get to legend.
  • Upvote 1

Naythin    4650

Just lost a game where my opponent was at 1 with 0 outs in deck. Plays Gorilla A-3, discovers Enhanco Mechano which gives all 4 of his minions wind fury. About to slit my wrists to allow all this salt to flow from my veins. 

• Upvote 2

»Ryuuzaki    2545

Climbing from 5 to legend is the hardest part of ranked imo. Aim for as high as possible, but don't get disappointed if you don't break Rank 4. Use it as experience at the high elos. I got to rank 2-4 like 5+ before in different seasons before hitting legend. ;\ The season I hit legend I got to rank 3 within 4 days of the season starting. Weird how it works that way.

• Upvote 1

SrkyBoy    27
Its pretty easy to hit legend tbh, u just need a good streak of victories.its a lot harder to grind legend when 1 loss equals 3 wins
  • Upvote 2

».ben.    7438

That feel when you play Ysera vs Mage and they play Sylvanis and Fireball their own Sylvanis to take your Ysera and beat you with it.

I did that exactly against someone today. Fatigue Mage v. Warrior?

Side note: not a good deck but so fun to play.
  • Upvote 1

well see the game is still 100% luck based skill less aids, thought blizz would fixed by now. Can't understand how people still think there is any degree of strategy to this dreck

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Slowpoke    1377

Murloc OTK Paladin is so much fun, feels like yugioh when you hit with 4 minions with 10-20 attack each haha.

• Upvote 3

brighteyes    2150

And they can all attack on the turn they are summoned. Definitely some ygo shit right there.

• Upvote 2

+Paraliel+    8032

well see the game is still 100% luck based skill less aids, thought blizz would fixed by now. Can't understand how people still think there is any degree of strategy to this dreck

If this is your vision of how the game is, it's probably not worth it for me to even say that you're incorrect.

I know better than to engage in a discussion with someone who thinks this, but how is this even a mindset you can have?

• Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8032

Like it really should go without saying but, you will not win every game you play.

That is not just Hearthstone, that's Magic the Gathering, that's Yu-Gi-Oh, that's Vanguard, that's life honestly. If you want a 100% win rate if you're the best, then go play chess (even though one side is even favored in Chess and it really doesn't matter at the end of the day).

There are so many millions of things that can be improved upon and it's the easiest thing in the world to blame it on the game instead of yourself. But the only way to improve is to find fault with yourself.

Progress stops when one considers oneself to be perfection.

• Upvote 1

Naythin    4650

If this is your vision of how the game is, it's probably not worth it for me to even say that you're incorrect.

I know better than to engage in a discussion with someone who thinks this, but how is this even a mindset you can have?

Your post did exactly what it said you weren't going to do

• Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8032

I said probably and I know better, but I honestly want to hear why someone thinks the way they do.

I just can't comprehend it.

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

I said probably and I know better, but I honestly want to hear why someone thinks the way they do.

I just can't comprehend it.

Cognitive dissonance.

• Upvote 1