Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

»JC.    4973

there's this one time i lost a game but you know i'm perfect and it was only because they got INSANE knife juggler rng hitting my minibot 3 times after muster and not my fault that i didn't clear the juggler for free with the minibot last turn because 2 face damage was more important

nothing i could have done sm-orc.png

• Upvote 2

»JC.    4973

before this month i had never gotten above rank 16

this month i started with a nonsense mech/face Paladin deck with no mechwarper, no muster, no divine favor, no coghammer, and no cards higher than 4 mana and managed to somehow get that up to rank 11 by christmas eve.

midnight on christmas day, i decided to disenchant 2 of the 3 golden legendaries i've pulled, and used it along with the rest of the dust i've gotten since i started playing to make tirion, boom, 2 mysterious challenger, coghammer, 2 muster, and my second knife juggler

almost exactly four days later and i dood it:

kfUsqjX.jpg

Once i got to 5, i decided to start tracking my stats. i had a 70% win rate going through rank 5,4, and 3, but rank2->rank1 and rank1->legend both saw a decline towards about 55%. Overall, I made it from 5 to Legend with a 59% win rate. From rank 5 to Legend, it took me 143 games. I definitely made a bunch of misplays along the way, and a good number of my losses were from those getting punished. Similarly, there were some games where my opponent chose not to make an obvious trade and was greeted with Blessing of Kings into lethal (I lost count of how many of my wins came from top-decked Blessings or from drawing double blessing over the course of the game). I plan on using this to figure out what matchups I lose the most too (my guess would be zoolock, but that may just be because I encountered so many of them); I still need to figure out those numbers. I'm probably going to download a deck tracker and game tracker for the future.

This has been the most fun I've had with the game in a while. Even though I had heard about Hearthstone elsewhere, I probably wouldn't have started playing if I didn't read pages of this thread, so thanks for having this here!

• Upvote 9

brighteyes    2150

I actually just won a game with double Blessing. lol

• Upvote 2

Naythin    4650

Yf4ACmP.jpg?1

When your opponent gets Cursed Blade off of a Bling-Tron from Unstable Portal

• Upvote 3

»BoraxTheLean    7119

I still have yet to feel the power of secret paladin.  I would love if someone could show me it (Vader?).

I played 75 games today.  Hopefully playing 75-150 tomorrow.  Unfortunately I'm at the point where everyone tanks for 60-75 seconds on 60% of their turns, so this is going to take way longer than usual.

»BoraxTheLean    7119

there's this one time i lost a game but you know i'm perfect and it was only because they got INSANE knife juggler rng hitting my minibot 3 times after muster and not my fault that i didn't clear the juggler for free with the minibot last turn because 2 face damage was more important

nothing i could have done sm-orc.png

Speaking of this.  Just a few minutes ago I had this game:

I go first versus burn shaman, I keep reno.  Turns 2 and 3 I have zero playable cards in hand and life tap.  Turn 4 I MCT and get his healing totem.  Turn 5 I die.

I was ecstatic because that was the probably the first game in 4+ months that I've played perfectly.

• Upvote 3

».ben.    7438

I still have yet to feel the power of secret paladin.  I would love if someone could show me it (Vader?).

I played 75 games today.  Hopefully playing 75-150 tomorrow.  Unfortunately I'm at the point where everyone tanks for 60-75 seconds on 60% of their turns, so this is going to take way longer than usual.

I've noticed that recently. Why do people do that? Trying to aggravate others into free wins?

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

I've noticed that recently. Why do people do that? Trying to aggravate others into free wins?

It is just characteristic of high legend ladder because every game matters so much.

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

At Rank 1 0 stars. I've been rollercoasting down to Rank 2 back to 1 for the past week. Can't seem to break through. 

I know this feel.  I have a particular kind of tilt.  Rank 1 tilt.  I had to ask friends to rail bird me just so I wouldn't fly off the handle.

• Upvote 1

wonderPreaux    1408

I had some time to play this month due to the holiday, decided to see if I could hit legend again since I hadn't had as much time since I got it in August. I was trying to track my matches and metagame better and try to race to legend earlier than I did last time where I got it the last day of the season. Well, after getting hamstrung by bronchitis, I managed to get ungroggy enough to play and hit legend... today, the 2nd to last day of the season...

#MarginallyBetter #AutismPrevailsAgain

• Upvote 2

Naythin    4650

Just played against legend 10,505 

A lot of players on EU had some free time this holiday season it seems

• Upvote 4

Slowpoke    1377

Murloc OTK Paladin mirror is so interesting. You basically want to count which murlocs have been played, and then look at your life total and your opponent's life total. You want to make sure your life is always above Anyfin lethal, and if your opponent is within Anyfin lethal range, you don't play any murlocs anymore to make sure their Anyfin play doesn't get closer to lethal while having your Anyfin play still win you the game. Constantly heal out of lethal range when you can and try and draw Anyfin ASAP. Fun matchup but extremely stressful.

• Upvote 2

»BoraxTheLean    7119

It is typical for there to be 10k legends on EU and Asia.

• Upvote 1

»JC.    4973

so after sorting all of my games from rank 5 to legend exclusively with paladin, my top two win rates are against rogue (80%) and priest (75%)

sample sizes are wonderful things

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

It is typical for there to be 10k legends on EU and Asia.

And apparently there are at least 3x that many this month.

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Let it be known that I was denied a chance at top 100 points (and b/c I just played bad for the most of the day, but still) this season because when I was sub 150 I got paired vs rank 1 millions twice, and after I won I LOST rank.

I played for 12 hours today, I am in need to consoling.

One upvote=one console )-:

• Upvote 4

SrkyBoy    27

sickest shit is that i have been paired vs rank 10k guy,lost and dropped 1300 ranks while being 400. NEVER FUCKING LUCKY

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Also, I got paired vs Josh Graham with like 10 hours in the season left and I beat him.  And he unfriended me after.  He was asking me to concede to him the whole game.

• Upvote 10

SrkyBoy    27

th3rat was streaming his whole climb ( no delay,even spectator mode is turned on OMG BALLS), and 20 minutes before ending,he got paired vs josh, ( josh played rogue,rat was on zoo ) and rat just literally destroyed josh when he was 92. impact fell to 112 and he started watching some guy.was josh playing rogue vs you too?

• Upvote 1