Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

+Paraliel+    8035

WAIT A SECOND HOLD UP THIS GAME HAS FOREIGN CARDS IN IT TOO?!?!?!?!?!

You can change the language of your client

• Upvote 1

»JC.    5322

Ec2QolF.jpg

Opponent has 7 cards in hand.  I won't comment here, I am interested in others thoughts on this spot.

the play i would probably make is the more obvious Minibot kill Peddler, then Coghammer to give it back divine shield

the other two options i could consider are coin -> shredder, which seems pretty decent actually (although I might want to save coin in case I draw a challenger), or Comp Spirit + Coin + Divine Favor, which I think is wrong because you don't really have a board and his next turns are likely to be to play a singular big card (e.g. Twilight Drake turn 4, some other 4/5 mana card turn 5)

• Upvote 1

Digbick    7270

Ec2QolF.jpg

Opponent has 7 cards in hand.  I won't comment here, I am interested in others thoughts on this spot.

mini bot hit face, coghammer hit face. best play imo

• Upvote 1

Digbick    7270

flashback friday, missed this shit

g8SzyDE.jpg

• Upvote 2

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Ec2QolF.jpg

the play i would probably make is the more obvious Minibot kill Peddler, then Coghammer to give it back divine shield

the other two options i could consider are coin -> shredder, which seems pretty decent actually (although I might want to save coin in case I draw a challenger), or Comp Spirit + Coin + Divine Favor, which I think is wrong because you don't really have a board and his next turns are likely to be to play a singular big card (e.g. Twilight Drake turn 4, some other 4/5 mana card turn 5)

Please note that my secret is avenge.  The other two options are what I am considering.

I like playing shredder first into comp spirit+divine favor the following turn to draw 4 and push for lots of damage.  I think my board is just very strong with a 2/2+shredder+avenge and I am guaranteed to have a strong turn 5 given coghammer and just having drawn cards or loatharb.

[spoiler]Also the play you said you would do would just lose me such game-win equity compared to the other two.[/spoiler]

SrkyBoy    27
When I get on computer, I will post what I would have done, but I'm pretty sure you posted 2 same screenshots ( where you say you Mulligan's creeper)
  • Upvote 1

SrkyBoy    27

Ec2QolF.jpg

Here I would go face with minibot and coin shredder. Your opponent floated 1 mana on turn he played peddler ( he got a spell out of it 100%). reason to go face is that warlock cant deal with divine shield minibot and shredder.you have avenge up. assuming he goes trade with peddler into shredder and goes mortal coil ( likely because he got a spell) you have 5/4 minibot with divine shield AND minion out of shredder. he might think its redemption, he could kill your minibot with coil + trade in which scenario you get a 7/5 shredder, ( which could die to BGH NEXT turn ) . from there u can spirit and divine favor. you also get a shredder which u can coghammer whenever you feel the need for it.

assuming he plays twilight drake instead of killing any of your guys ( it will be a 4/8 drake because 7 cards in hand) you can clear it with coghammer ( if you trade minibot's shield into it first). two scenarios : coghammer lands on minibot : you attack with weapon into peddler and go face with shredder ; second scenario : coghammer lands on shredder and you kill twilight drake with it and coghammer ( protects minibot which can get avenged turn after because shredder has taunt)

XP3av0Q.jpg

here i would keep nothing, juggler is weak in mirror, you want a stronger curve going second in mirror

JPboYdB.jpg

i think i would not keep muster because warrior has so many ways of dealing with it and creeper is actually a better  card vs them

o5XwZX7.jpg

I think i would keep whole hand here, you have a very strong curve vs whatever zoo that is and muster will generally be good enough vs zoo going into shredder turn if your juggler gets stopped by minion what they play on turn 1

NecfCXw.jpg

here i would play juggler because his strongest counter to it would be abusive on voidwalker and you can muster to clear it. if he doesnt abusive his guy you can trade with juggler and play muster ( gg easy ? )

eP6JDUn.jpg

here i would keep redemption,juggler and creeper. i played aggro shaman so much on ladder these days to get it golden, only way paladin wins is through pure pressure with juggler or blessing. you have a lot of 1 drops  to get ( if you get a secret, you can play both secrets,same goes for secretkeeper. if you draw minibot,you can coin him out into juggler. if i assume he plays leper gnome or abusive ( far more likely than tunnel trogg ) you can coin creeper. just pray he doesnt have trogg or if he has a trogg, you coin juggler and pray again . this hand is much stronger going first because aggro shaman has problems dealing with redemption + juggler specifically ( juggles are pure pressure)

06Y4k4V.jpg

on NA from my experience, there is a lot of tempo mages compared to EU which i usually play on which is filled with freeze mages. muster just actually sucks vs mages (missiles, mirror images are very strong cards in matchup. vs mages you look for minibot. if you had a stronger curve you could consider keeping conc because its actually insane vs tempo mages ( clears apprentince images which is impossible to deal with). muster is just not going to live vs tempo mages.

above is how i would deal with these scenarios given

• Upvote 3

»BoraxTheLean    7119

NecfCXw.jpg

I don't see how you ever play juggler in the void caller scenario.  The juggler value down the line is so worth keeping it.  He is most likely to play a death rattle minion on turn 2 in which case muster isn't even that great for me.  Whereas if I play mini-bot into muster, I can guarantee at least 3 juggles down the road with juggler.  This play also just guarantees me the strongest board (unless the opponent just throws the game and plays like 2 2/1s or a 3/2 vs my juggler which never happens).

Ec2QolF.jpg

Trading has extreme merits against every owl in his range, especially if he has a coil off peddler.  He could also go coil+bgh on my shredder.  I don't know if I put too much weight in avoiding these blowout scenarios early on, but I think I am probably 60-70% to win this game if I can dodge them that turn just because I'll get to divine favor for a bunch.  I don't think the damage really matters that much against them either.  You don't beat reno lock by chipping away at them, you beat them by kicking their teeth in with a huge board.

eP6JDUn.jpg

Do not understand keeping redemption whatsoever.  What range of draws allows me to play it successfully?  Like am I hoping to draw a 3rd 2 drop (or keeper+2 secrets) for turn 3?  These seem really thin.  

I can understand keeping redemption going first like you said.  But I just really want a 4 drop so I can pressure them and really race.

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Also it took me 2 hrs to finish a 5 win druid quest today.

So depressing.  So tired.

• Upvote 5

Carbon    1884

Dude has 0 cards in hand. 
Tops Quick Shot into Quick Shot into Kill Command. What is life :x

• Upvote 1

Tingy    463

srdjan is killing it in here

• Upvote 2

Carbon    1884

Holy shit I'm playing Secrets Mage.

I have Mirror + Duplicate down on my turn5. They summon Mysterious Challenger. I Mirror Ent it then Duplicate it when he trades.

Then I get to summon a Mysterious Challenger in my Mage deck for 3 secrets. Feels good :)

• Upvote 4

brighteyes    2150

Holy shit I'm playing Secrets Mage.

I have Mirror + Duplicate down on my turn5. They summon Mysterious Challenger. I Mirror Ent it then Duplicate it when he trades.

Then I get to summon a Mysterious Challenger in my Mage deck for 3 secrets. Feels good :)

*raises glass

• Upvote 2

wonderPreaux    1408

I would love a Mechazod Brawl where the Mage gets a bunch of AoE and Cho and you try to set up huge Anyfins by dunking the Paladin's Murlocs and bouncing Anyfin around. Or Rogue/Hunter where the secret gimmick is to Backstab/Shiv/SI a Gahzrilla a bunch of times. IDK, really optimistic about the idea that they're doing the concept with new classes and all.

• Upvote 2

Tingy    463

YGO player denny yu gets flamed on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/40qsg0/trump_just_keeps_getting_better/

tldr; trump is versing danny. trump beats danny. reddit assumes he's been sniping as he's playing around trumps outs and accuses danny of misplaying.

obviously reddit users r rank 26 or something. Doubt anyone of dannys caliber stream snipes, as he's obv an above average player

• Upvote 2

Digbick    7270
Ye rofl, denny wasn't sniping. Any decent players knows patron runs grom nowsday. Doesn't take a genius to figure out whats the last card is
  • Upvote 3

»BoraxTheLean    7119

YGO player denny yu gets flamed on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/40qsg0/trump_just_keeps_getting_better/

tldr; trump is versing danny. trump beats danny. reddit assumes he's been sniping as he's playing around trumps outs and accuses danny of misplaying.

obviously reddit users r rank 26 or something. Doubt anyone of dannys caliber stream snipes, as he's obv an above average player

Who cares?  "Accuse of misplay", everyone misplays.

Ye rofl, denny wasn't sniping. Any decent players knows patron runs grom nowsday. Doesn't take a genius to figure out whats the last card is

Worgen patron doesn't.

• Upvote 2