Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

website is bad    2172

tauren seems fine. a 4/5 for 4 is still p good value. the taunt being front loaded is kinda a bummer but i think its playable (though youre right that its p weak)

Elements    569

it is just a more expensive harvest golem really. senjin is a much better card than this surely?

• Upvote 1

+Mascis    4554

the slime doesn't even have taunt. card is trash lol

• Upvote 1

DarkBlaze557    2106

I'm not a fan of Infested Tauren. A 2/3 for 4 with taunt that can easily drop to cards like Wrath and Frostbolt is not very impressive. The 2/2 slime popping up is okay I guess? But why wouldn't I just play Yeti? Or TAZ DINGO?

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438

635941513071334794.png

interesting. would have been awesome in other classes.

• Upvote 3

DarkBlaze557    2106

635941513071334794.png

I really like this card in control decks, but it seems costly. A 10-mana cost for a board reset and hand advantage is great, but you're giving your opponent the advantage in the tempo game, as you can't follow-up with a minion drop. Seems a bit situational.

».ben.    7438

I guess it could work in some sort of C'Thun OTK

Ammit    5159

635941513071334794.png

I really like this card in control decks, but it seems costly. A 10-mana cost for a board reset and hand advantage is great, but you're giving your opponent the advantage in the tempo game, as you can't follow-up with a minion drop. Seems a bit situational.

i feel like once you hit 10 mana as a control deck tempo matters a lot less. i'm wondering more how often the draw cards will be an actual upside in warlock though.

also totally missed the 2/2 slime not having taunt. that sucks.

brighteyes    2150
New slime prolly needs to also have Taunt I think.

Ammit    5159

i just assumed the 2/2 slime would have taunt as well, it's possible the different wording from belcher doesn't mean anything but who knows

Kahlil    806

it takes up as much or as little of your turn as you want it to, and in a flexible way. yeah its worse than like holy light at low costs but a heal 20 is just objectively strong. thats how reno as a deck works. its not like renos mediocre ass body carries you to the win lmao. and you can use it without making your deck worse like reno forces you to.

paladin doesnt really have the control cards to make it possible for forbidden healing to be worthwhile, but thats with a big ass "yet" and this set looks very control heavy. healing is bad if it doesnt give you extra OR its too small. it doesnt "do nothing" at high mana.

Or it could potentially be a 10 mana deal 20 damage

website is bad    2172

I mean I have never seen an Auchenai live for more than a turn or 2 and I don't see a whole lot you can pair it with t9 to make it unbeatable for the double pyroblast but if it does happen I guess you win?????

+Paraliel+    8030

it takes up as much or as little of your turn as you want it to, and in a flexible way. yeah its worse than like holy light at low costs but a heal 20 is just objectively strong. thats how reno as a deck works. its not like renos mediocre ass body carries you to the win lmao. and you can use it without making your deck worse like reno forces you to.

paladin doesnt really have the control cards to make it possible for forbidden healing to be worthwhile, but thats with a big ass "yet" and this set looks very control heavy. healing is bad if it doesnt give you extra OR its too small. it doesnt "do nothing" at high mana.

How are you getting Auchenai in Paladin post rotation?

website is bad    2172

piloted sky golem unstable portal off a discover or spellslinger some new card or w/e

Kahlil    806

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but I wasn't aware an exact list was posted yet

+Paraliel+    8030

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but I wasn't aware an exact list was posted yet

What do you mean? GvG and Naxxramas are rotating.

website is bad    2172

yeah if it happens its prob gonna be arena off the extreme low odds of getting yourself auchenai off sky golem or auchenai off some other random card gen effect, while also drafting forbidden healing.

i dont think well see much of them in the new set despite it being more thematically appropriate than the gvg cards that did that shit, but who knows?

wonderPreaux    1408

Hi guys,

So, on the hunt for Gold Novice Engineers, I figured I'd try my hand at Midrange Druid. I've hit something of a stumbling block with it, though, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm running a pretty standard list, but with Shades swapped out for an MCT and an Aspirant (so, 2 Roots + 1 Aspirant), to help survive the endless hoards of Secret Paladins and Zoo (though both are still kicking my ass often). I think the high density of Zoo/Secret Pally is somewhat contributing to my rough go of the ladder, I probably picked one of the worse times to pick up the deck. That said, I think I've spotted some points I could improve on:

1) I think I'm really bad at closing games in the mirror. The mirror seems to have several "did you lose" tests based on whether the opponent hit Wild Growth and I didn't, or if they get more Innervates/a better Thaurissan etc. Getting past that, though, I feel I often lose control of games towards the late game. Some of it is variance, like double combo off the opponent's Thaurissan, but some of it, I suspect, is not taking correct trades and giving the opponent more turns than they ought to have. It might also just come down to not being experienced enough to make reads on the opponent's hand. Are there any general mirror tips that I ought to try and keep in mind, from anyone's experience?

2) I'm not sure how "risk-averse" I should be about my mulligans. The difference between ramp and no ramp feels like night and day for this deck, and there are some matchups where I feel like I don't get to play a game if I don't get it (Wild Growth for Druid, Innervate for Zoo, for instance). However, there are some, I guess, "Tier 2" early game cards like Wrath that come up, where it'd be nice to have against Mage or Paladin, and I don't know if I should hard mulligan for ramp and risk having nothing at all, or keep it even if it reduces my chance of hitting ramp. I can see already how this is really matchup dependent, though, and that the answer probably boils down to "it depends"

3) Is it ever correct to commit nothing to the board? I often run into situations where the only tempo play involves using a reactive card for the sake of spending the mana, t3 BGH or t5 Loatheb, for instance. This feels really shitty, but I'm pretty sure spending a turn doing nothing is worse for my overall win condition of pressure > combo. I'm wondering if there are any consistent exceptions to my conclusion that I've overlooked?

Ammit    5159

today we get a mini explosive sheep (does 1 to all minions, 1 mana instead of 2) and Kripp is revealing a Shaman legendary later today

Ammit    5159

Hi guys,

So, on the hunt for Gold Novice Engineers, I figured I'd try my hand at Midrange Druid. I've hit something of a stumbling block with it, though, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm running a pretty standard list, but with Shades swapped out for an MCT and an Aspirant (so, 2 Roots + 1 Aspirant), to help survive the endless hoards of Secret Paladins and Zoo (though both are still kicking my ass often). I think the high density of Zoo/Secret Pally is somewhat contributing to my rough go of the ladder, I probably picked one of the worse times to pick up the deck. That said, I think I've spotted some points I could improve on:

1) I think I'm really bad at closing games in the mirror. The mirror seems to have several "did you lose" tests based on whether the opponent hit Wild Growth and I didn't, or if they get more Innervates/a better Thaurissan etc. Getting past that, though, I feel I often lose control of games towards the late game. Some of it is variance, like double combo off the opponent's Thaurissan, but some of it, I suspect, is not taking correct trades and giving the opponent more turns than they ought to have. It might also just come down to not being experienced enough to make reads on the opponent's hand. Are there any general mirror tips that I ought to try and keep in mind, from anyone's experience?

2) I'm not sure how "risk-averse" I should be about my mulligans. The difference between ramp and no ramp feels like night and day for this deck, and there are some matchups where I feel like I don't get to play a game if I don't get it (Wild Growth for Druid, Innervate for Zoo, for instance). However, there are some, I guess, "Tier 2" early game cards like Wrath that come up, where it'd be nice to have against Mage or Paladin, and I don't know if I should hard mulligan for ramp and risk having nothing at all, or keep it even if it reduces my chance of hitting ramp. I can see already how this is really matchup dependent, though, and that the answer probably boils down to "it depends"

3) Is it ever correct to commit nothing to the board? I often run into situations where the only tempo play involves using a reactive card for the sake of spending the mana, t3 BGH or t5 Loatheb, for instance. This feels really shitty, but I'm pretty sure spending a turn doing nothing is worse for my overall win condition of pressure > combo. I'm wondering if there are any consistent exceptions to my conclusion that I've overlooked?

generally when i play druid i follow the midrange hunter/zoo plan of trading early and increasing pressure on their life as the game goes on, especially because you usually have big guys (like them) that need to be traded into. i guess it's mostly a matter of looking at the situation and seeing how you can win, especially because druid has a lot of ways to "win from nowhere"

vs paladin i usually like to keep swipe, and wrath is always a decent keep vs aggro depending on the rest of your mulligan. hitting ramp is definitely important though and a lot of that again has to do with what your opening mulligan looks like. (i tend to keep keeper vs warlock for instance because it's good vs zoo and silence is decent-great vs bigger warlock decks)

i usually play out loatheb on t5 if it's my only play unless i'm against freeze mage, because locking them out is super important at key turns. otherwise i'd rather just have the nice midrange body on the board if it's my only play t5. bgh is sort of similar, though i feel like outside of aggro shaman and secret paladin some of the time there's usually a few targets in tier 1 decks, and that mostly comes down to the matchup at hand, though hero powering t3 is generally more okay than at turn 5. 

take all this with a grain of salt as i'm definitely not the best druid player, but hopefully that helps you some.

Ammit    5159

also tauren was confirmed to not drop a slime with taunt rip the dream

Dank Memeston    1716
Probably super strong.
  • Upvote 1