Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

»Ryuuzaki    2545

https://strivewire.com/

5 minutes ago, Carbon said:

So how can I go about signing up for tournaments and all that?
After playing for a while I now finally have everything where I can build multiple fully built decks and want to try taking it a little further. I've google'd it but it didn't help out too much. If you could give me a basic rundown? I could try and find the rest of the information I just need to know where to start. 

• Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150

Man I miss Lazaro Bellido. Hearing that name brings back memories.

»slick    4668
23 hours ago, Conspire said:

Yeah they are 2 Montreal boys.  Luffy was also on the Gears of War team Fear.  Luffy is one of the funniest people I know.

Also turns out I did land in the money.  Hit top 32 and made $50.  My eSports career is taking off.

I'm definitely loving Hearhstone right now.  After the initial C'Thun/Yogg hype started to die down aggro really took over the ladder for a couple of days.  But now that other decks are becoming more refined I'm finding I'm facing a lot more mid-range/control decks as well.  As people figure out more powerful card combinations the meta will continue to shift.

Also I've been playing Tempo Warrior since the tournament.  I was absolutely crushing everything for a while but I'm running into more Control Warrior now which is proving to be a tougher match-up.

Not sure if I said this on this board yet but IMO Tuskar Totemic is this format's Knife Juggler.  50% chance to put you way ahead with no real drawback.

GJ Matt. Good result, good experience. You will only get better results in time.

I wish I could get into constructed but ladder is so boring and I dont enter tournaments so I dont really get to see more interesting decks.

I still feel the ladder meta will degenerate into the typical RPS garbage, because it always does. Aggro starts winning, then people build anti-aggro control decks with a shit ton of board clears, then traditional control decks start beating the anti-aggro control decks, then aggro makes a comeback because it beats control, rinse, repeat

• Downvote 1

FVFRYTHFNG    346

Do we have any Dgzers and Dreamhack Austin?

Tingy    463

josh and wigly is there, thats about it i think 

Kahlil    806
17 hours ago, PSY-Framelord Kappa said:

Do we have any Dgzers and Dreamhack Austin?

when is dreamhack austin?  I live in san antonio currently

slickz    4307

My buddy philtor210 from san antonio is there but i think he already dropped. ^it's this weekend 

On an unrelated note, I'm really enjoying Hearthstone rn. People bitch about a stale format but there are so many decks being refined it's really fun experimenting and using cards that people haven't considered in awhile

».ben.    7438

People will always bitch because that's what people do.

early formats are fun. there's still so much to test and tweak. people like to act like everything is already figured out, but that's far from accurate. I do think you can start to identify certain trends that probably aren't going anywhere.

Ammit    5159
On 5/5/2016 at 2:30 PM, slick said:

GJ Matt. Good result, good experience. You will only get better results in time.

I wish I could get into constructed but ladder is so boring and I dont enter tournaments so I dont really get to see more interesting decks.

I still feel the ladder meta will degenerate into the typical RPS garbage, because it always does. Aggro starts winning, then people build anti-aggro control decks with a shit ton of board clears, then traditional control decks start beating the anti-aggro control decks, then aggro makes a comeback because it beats control, rinse, repeat

the problem with that now is that the control decks that have good matchups against aggro can very easily also have good matchups against other control decks. n'zoth adds a completely different late game option for control decks that didn't have before that let's you go over the top in control mirrors. 

».ben.    7438

There are a ton of interesting combos and counter-combos in brawl this week.

Although Naturalize+Coldlight is kind of hard to beat.

»Digbick    7257

I was incredibly skillful in this week tavern brawl. I went innverate yoggsaron. Otked my opp by sheer skill 

wonderPreaux    1408
2 hours ago, digbick the pickleman said:

I was incredibly skillful in this week tavern brawl. I went innverate yoggsaron. Otked my opp by sheer skill 

e54439ff90.jpg

Very skillful strategy

Ammit    5159

innervate coldlight has been the best thing i've played so far. also evolve bilefin hunter

I was 6-0 with Leper Gnome Mind Blast before I got bored. Gnome over Shadowcaster lets you race the other aggro/burn decks easier.

»Ryuuzaki    2545

Dang, I haven't gotten a chance to play the new Tavern. That looks bizarrely fun.

SrkyBoy    27

i played frost nova doomsayer in brawl, fatigued 2 players and they conceded LUL

»Paxman    4776
On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:31 PM, .ben. said:

People will always bitch because that's what people do.

early formats are fun. there's still so much to test and tweak. people like to act like everything is already figured out, but that's far from accurate. I do think you can start to identify certain trends that probably aren't going anywhere.

I don't like bitching about Cardstone but how did nzoth get printed? Is it not limiting design space for future sets? Any more overwhelming deathrattles would just see this card become more disgusting. Sorry but I have to say in my opinion it is the absolute most retarded card this set. 

• Upvote 1

Ammit    5159

n'zoth paladin seems to have great matchups across the field with the possible exception of miracle.

Tingy    463
16 hours ago, SrkyBoy said:

i played frost nova doomsayer in brawl, fatigued 2 players and they conceded LUL

trihard

• Upvote 1

Tingy    463
1 hour ago, Ammit said:

n'zoth paladin seems to have great matchups across the field with the possible exception of miracle.

the nzoth priest deck is designed to hard counter it too cz of the nature of entomb + the shade guy which gives you a lot of resources, to play the grind game with paladin. 

Even to beat other control decks like cwar etc you need to tech in specific cards like justicar (which just so happens to fit the deck and is an overall solid card) or elise 

Then there is the surviving vs fast decks in the early game, as you need to hard draw the doomsayer/ 3 drop and 4 drop if not it can be quite risky. 

Ammit    5159

i rarely have trouble vs aggro decks, and haven't run into much n'zoth priest. i guess priest steal cards help disrupt their n'zoths but priest i found in general has the weakest mass removal among the big 3 control classes right now fighting against control decks which has led to some losses for me. 

».ben.    7438

The only thing I truly dislike about N'Zoth is that he give like 3 different control decks an almost identical endgame. That's kind of boring. Although, Elise did the same thing.

It's a totally OP card though. Completely agree.

+Paraliel+    8030

Hey guys Ash let me make a Hearthstone section to give us more room so I'm gonna start moving this stuff to there

• Upvote 1