Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

8225 posts in this topic

isnt it only ~an extra 40 dust?

You get an extra gold rare. Its not much but I guess what else are you going to do

22014a8607.jpg

Decided to run some Yogg & Load for S&Gs, ended up ruining someone's climb to top legend. Typical Hearthstone, until I caught my opponent's username and everything became sadly ironic.

So whos getting ready to move to the UK server kappa

Anyone have this issue come up?

Hearthstone was working last night but this morning when I load it up it says:

Switching to resolution 144x0 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: could not switch resolution (144x0 fs=0 hz=0)

I've googled it and it said to go to my battlenet options and reset to default. I did that and it still doesn't work.
I don't see how it's anything though since it was working last night. idk

Hearthstone is fun, shaman opponent quit when I untapped with stone in play.  Summoning Stone isn't that much of a gimmick imo, in many ways it's like violet teacher #3 for decks that want it.

Hearthstone Screenshot 07-08-16 20.13.21.png

I'm not trying to advertise or sponsor but wanted to mention that I have a good friend that is starting to stream ranked. He's a great player trying to get into Blizzcon 2017 on points. He's been legend 14 times on NA and he just started so he has single digit viewers at this time meaning you can talk directly about current meta, strats or anything you want. Really chill guy and if you talk to him about wrestling or DBZ, he will talk your ear off.

He usually streams late for NA (midnight to 0800hr EST on most nights), so he def gets Europeans that drop in.

https://www.twitch.tv/fathermam

Holy shit why did they print blood to ichor?

Warrior is almost as good as druid.

And druid has innervate.

That new warrior deck is insane:

IQoP6cs.png

Can we nerf slam?

I decided to give this deck a shot just to see how it works. 5 mirror matches, 1 hunter. Fuck this.

i started playing again after not playing since whenever old gods came out

maaaaaaad boring still

might have to try this otk jawn out though

I started this game since June. I face significant difficulties playing and learning this game.

- RNG. I feel like so many of the games are determined by this: Firelord facing 7 monsters and a 8hp guy, end phase hit face. Opponent 13 atk CThun against 2 5hp monsters and a 6hp player, turns out his CThun kills nothing and I actually won the game. And then we have Yogg.

- Manner. I don't know whether this is a problem in other servers for when I watch other players stream, they don't encounter this problem. However half the time I play against someone with a Korean name, he either go semi-afk mode, pressing end only at the last second. Whenever some rng works in his favour, he crazily spams well played. I am ok with losing, I am ok with a limited degree of rng, but fuck manner, they are as toxic as pinoy dota players. Is bad manner a part of this game?

- Developer. Then we have shitstains developers / PRs who are as ignorant as Storm from World of Tanks.

If only MTG is less expensive and has a playable Android app.

Advice:

Auto-squelch.

Assume every loss is entirely your fault (because most of them are).

Forgot about winning and losing and only care about learning from each game.

Focus on what matters.

I have recently been compelled by a desire to not starve.  Thus I have taken to selling my mind on the internets, aka doing coaching.

If you didn't know, I am very good at Hearthstone.  I finished top 50 in points for the entire year 2015 when I only played 5/8 months when points were awarded.  I have numerous top ladder finishes.  I also coached Shoop (ranked 13 NA and 55 in the world), a pro player who has recently been dominating the ONOG tournament series.

https://www.gamersensei.com/senseis/stargazer

Promo codes if interested:

stargazer - $5 off a lesson.  (This is the preferred code to use)

THIRTYOFF - 30% off a lesson.

PLS DON'T BAN ME MODS

if im top 20 legend, will you coach me to rank 1 legend for free? Kappa

I recently started playing HS and I've got few questions.

What should I invest my earned money to? Should I go for the arena/buy packs or buy adventures? 
After buying few packs I found out that it was probably a mistake since you get a pack after every arena finish, but then I have been to arena twice and I haven't won a single duel (|:|)
Right now I hoped I could safe some gold for Blackrock Mountain adventure but I'm not really sure it's worth it. 

Are any classes better than others or are all of them playable? I started playing mage, now I'm running priest but I have (almost) no idea what the others do.

Is there any way to get certain cards (let's say like Ysera or Nefarian) easier or do I need to buy like XXX packs and hope I will find it in?

4 hours ago, SrkyBoy said:

if im top 20 legend, will you coach me to rank 1 legend for free? Kappa

What part of that makes sense to you?  (Lots of Laffter)

21 minutes ago, The_Be(a)sT said:

What should I invest my earned money to? Should I go for the arena/buy packs or buy adventures? I've been told buying adventures is best value for $
After buying few packs I found out that it was probably a mistake since you get a pack after every arena finish, but then I have been to arena twice and I haven't won a single duel (|:|) Arena is tough to be profittable at when you're starting.  But if you enjoy arena and want to play it that's cool.  It is not a means to an end for most new players though.  It is hard to get really good at arena and it takes forever to build a collection from just playing arena.
Right now I hoped I could safe some gold for Blackrock Mountain adventure but I'm not really sure it's worth it.   BRM cards aren't super prevalent right now.  Out of the best of the best decks, zoo plays Imp Gang Boss and Dragon Warrior plays...all of the dragons.  So if specifically those two decks interest you, then it can be worth it.  Remember, if you get it now those cards will be standard playable for about 8 more months, afterwards you can dust them.

Are any classes better than others or are all of them playable? I started playing mage, now I'm running priest but I have (almost) no idea what the others do. Warrior and Druid are the best classes.  Followed by shaman and warlock.

Is there any way to get certain cards (let's say like Ysera or Nefarian) easier or do I need to buy like XXX packs and hope I will find it in? Craft them with dust.

On 7/20/2016 at 2:56 PM, The_Be(a)sT said:

What should I invest my earned money to? Should I go for the arena/buy packs or buy adventures? 
After buying few packs I found out that it was probably a mistake since you get a pack after every arena finish, but then I have been to arena twice and I haven't won a single duel (|:|)
Right now I hoped I could safe some gold for Blackrock Mountain adventure but I'm not really sure it's worth it. 

Are any classes better than others or are all of them playable? I started playing mage, now I'm running priest but I have (almost) no idea what the others do.

Is there any way to get certain cards (let's say like Ysera or Nefarian) easier or do I need to buy like XXX packs and hope I will find it in?

1. Arena is the best mode to build a collection but learning curve is steep. You need to learn basic mechanics/ skills, then learn arena strategies. Mechanics should be learned in constructed. Arena strats are learned by watching good arena players (kripp, hafu, ratsmah, shadybunny) and practice. Once you start going above 3 wins on average, you will get more value in arena than getting packs for 100 gold, so its generally worth learning. Honestly it took me like a few weeks to average 4, its not that hard but average 6-7 is very challenging, will take a lot of practice and stream watching, at least 100 hrs arena gameplay. But once you hit infinite, farming gold/dust/packs is a joke

2. You should buy adventures if you need a specific card from the adventure or if you REALLY enjoy playing the PvE mode. However, adventures are very costly when it comes to in game gold. If you are planning on spending money on this game, it is better to use cash on adventures and gold on arena/packs. You should get BRM if you specifically want those cards, otherwise get packs/ play arena

4. classes depend on the current meta game, tempostorm generally updates their meta snapshot regularly. If you are new, I recommend you netdeck

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2016-07-17

5. You get cards by opening them or crafting from dust. Legends cost a lot of dust so only craft the ones you think you will be using in many decks/formats. Classic cards are eternal so make those first

new cart from the upcoming adventure, comes out in two weeks

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.pngScreenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.pngScreenshot_8.png

Ivory Knight looks like it's probably pretty great, although that is tempered by the number of 1 mana paladin spells I suppose.

Kindly Grandmother is very funny.

Barnes looks like he's a strong add in something like a greedy N'zoth deck. or if your deck is like this guy, rag, and emperor, that would be fun.

And for the curator, would the draw fail if you don't have 1 of each in your deck?

i hate all these cards

Barnes is INSANE. Think about all the posibilities : Emperor Thaurissan, Malygos ( which often resolves in OTK) , Tomb Pillager, Auctioneer, any deathrattle minion ( good with tyrion and just about any zoo minion). Posibilities are endless with this card and im super excited about it. Probably the most powerful thing that it can come out of it is Y'shaarj.

Curator is another interesting card. It draws 3 different cards. First thing that came to me is that you can play it in freeze mage and draw Coldlight Oracle, Jeweled Scarab and Alexstrasza. Pretty cool and powerful. Idk if you must have all 3 types in deck to resolve this card, if you don't, you can just play it to tutor Alexstrasza.

Evil Wolf Grandmother seems to not be so good as everyone thinks it is, its very slow like twilight summoner. If you play it in deck with abusive sergeants and dire wolfs, it becomes a lot more powerful, so you could build a hybrid like hunter around it.

Druid 1 drop is a fair card. The unfair thing about it is that it curves straight into mark of yshaarj. it will see play for sure.

I'm very excited about new set.

The thing Evil Wolf Grandmother has over summoner is that it comes out on a turn where playing a slow 1/1 isn't a complete pass. It's better than hero power pass.

45 minutes ago, .ben. said:

The only thing Evil Wolf Grandmother has over summoner is that it comes out on a turn where playing a slow 1/1 isn't a complete pass. It's better than hero power pass.

And both halves are a beast which is huge because curving into houndmaster is the best turn four.