Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

».ben.    7438

Anecdotal evidence incoming: fist of jaraxxus only goes face.

Seriously, I think I'm like 11 for 11. One time, the guy had 4 minions out. Still go face (for the win, which I'm not going to complain about).

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438

I think it's interesting how Arcane Anomaly is actually proving itself to be a solid card. AA + Coin + 1 mana spell is a 2/3 1-drop. Sure it's no Zombie Chow, but it's what we have.

• Upvote 1

+Mascis    4553

what other spell do you want if your going arcane +coin t1?

the only one I can thin of is power word shield and priest already sucks so what are you even doing there?

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438

Loads of mage spells (mirror image, missiles, arcane blast)

Or any paladin secret.

EDIT: Actually, I had a fair bit of success with an awful Anomaly 1 drop aggro paladin build. That divine strength card was legit.

• Upvote 1

Carbon    1876

Just play the Divine Shield Pally and use them in there. It gets buffed by Darkshire so it fits in the deck pretty well. Solid 1drop that sometimes gets a free shield and sometimes gets really big. 

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438

I'll also say that, while it's still probably the worst class in HS, Resurrect Priest is completely playable.

• Upvote 1

»JC.    4973

Cleared the HCT Tavern Hero tournament

Excited to play in the Preliminaries tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119
55 minutes ago, JC. said:

Cleared the HCT Tavern Hero tournament

Excited to play in the Preliminaries tomorrow.

Is there a challonge for this somewhere?  I want to know that a few of my friends got through.

How many people were eliminated?

»JC.    4973

Battlefy bracket is here: https://battlefy.com/2016-hct-summer-season/hct-americas-summer-tavern-hero/57a1588fd00b0d2a0cadf670/stage/57a1588fd00b0d2a0cadf671/bracket/

It was a top32 advance out of however many tavern heroes showed up, but it only ended up being a 64 person tournament so it was mostly not jobbing to get through

• Upvote 1

»JC.    4973

JC vs Warriors, Druids, and Shamans

So my lineup ended up changing at the last minute before the Tavern Hero tournament. Went with Zoo, but then lol'd the rest of my decks. I really liked Bird and Mark of Y'Shaarj, so I ended up playing Beasts instead of Tokens. My dad pressured me hard into playing his weird Aggro Shaman list instead of Midrange. I end up not having enough dust for Warrior, so I bring Midrange Hunter instead.

I show up to the event and find out there are 7 of us playing here (3 from the Tavern Hero yesterday that made it through, 4 new faces). We all wish each other luck and talk about the BrokeBack lineup. I decide to ban Warlock every round, everyone else decides to ban Warriors. Most people are running pretty standard lineups, but one guy is running Rogue, Freeze Mage, and some warrior that wasn't Dragons, so that was cool.

After a while the first round pairings are up and I notice first. To start off the day, I'm playing against... DGZ's one and only Impact! When I mention it, all of the players are like "Whoa!", so they know about him. Impact and I have a nice talk about how we prepared for the events and such before starting. I pop on the Jet Set Radio Future soundtrack and begin playing.

Round 1: vs. Impact

Game 1: I queue Hunter into Druid. I actually don’t know how this matchup goes. He opens up with T1 Roots T2 Roots. I open pass -> Huge Toad. He swings face for 3 and then hits and HP toad. I continue to play on curve with Carrion Grub -> Carrion Grub + Fiery Bat -> Kodo -> Highmane -> Coin Double Houndmaster -> Call of the Wild. Since he didn’t ramp early game and I drew really well, I end it without feeling threatened at all.

Game 2: I predict that he'll stay with Druid, so I queue with Shaman. I guess correctly. I open Sergeant, he goes for the power play of Coin Hero Power. He spends the next few turns ramping/generally doing nothing while I Hero Power -> Feral Spirit -> Totem Golem. Trogg and 4 Mana 7/7 come down at some point, he plays a Druid of the Claw that dies to a Rockbiter + Minion, Doomhammer seals the game.

Game 3: At this point I only have Druid left, so I queue it into his Shaman. Game start off great with a Turn 1 Bird + Mark that stays on board until around turn 4, at which point I coin Stranglethorn and then play Druid of the Claw next turn. He’s generally not able to do anything until I mess up and play a Savage Roar for absolutely no reason, which gives him a chance to come back. However, he fails to roll taunt totem every turn so I eventually get him with my Hero Power and Charge Druid of the Claw/whatever the panther guy is

Everyone but one guy from our group moves on to round 2 in winners side. At this point I feel pretty good about going 3-0 against a well-known player, even though I made huge mistakes.

Round 2 vs LeadPaint

Game 1: Hunter vs. Druid. I make very very questionable decisions and get punished.

Game 2: Warlock vs. Shaman. I end up drawing both Muster for Tentacles, he ends up drawing 0 Lightning Storm. I play free Giants and Doomguards and he can't deal with it.

Game 3: Druid vs. Shaman. This came down to a dumb mistake. I have the 2/5 or 5/2 guy in my hand and Fandral on turn 3 with coin. My plan was to try and go coin fandral -> 5/5 on turn 4 to get a big tempo swing. I end up drawing Mounted Raptor for turn, which I should have played to keep it safe/wait for Innervate to get immediate value from Fandral. I end up making my original play, he ends up having the removal for it, and I eventually go on to lose due to the lack of a good Fandral play. 

Game 4: Hunter vs. Warrior. I brought Hunter to beat Warrior. I curve into Call of the Wild. He loses.

Game 5: Druid vs. Warrior. He has the removal to counter my swing from a Fandral turn and that leaves me pretty empty. He's able to take it pretty easy from there.

I'm pretty disappointed, I think I definitely could have won this series if I had played it better. It looks like the rest of the crew is doing pretty poorly though, with 5 people in losers, and one of the two in winners had a Bye the first round.

We get free pizza and drinks which is cool though.  I end up waiting for like 2 hours until the next match starts.

Losers Round 2 vs vcT

Game 1: Hunter vs Shaman. I don't draw an early game, he coins out Totem Golem and starts bashing my face in.

Game 2: Druid vs Freeze Mage. I start off with Bird + Mark to get a 4/4. I manage to beat him up pretty hard, but he gets the Ice Blocks and Ice Barriers just in time. There was a turn he was at 4 and I had a Savage Roar in my hand and didn't use it. I think this could have costed me the game, since getting him down to 1 would have forced him to ice block immediately and may have given me the damage. I end up leaving him at 3 the next turn. Just a dumb mental lapse on my part.

Game 3: Hunter vs. Warrior. Warrior Killer kills warrior.

Game 4: Druid vs. Warrior. I get close, but never see Fandral until I’m dead and don’t have a way to get card advantage.

1-2 in a double elimination tournament means I die pretty early. I definitely could have performed better, the losses were entirely my fault. Still had a lot of fun though and getting to play against Impact was cool, although he probably hates me for that Druid game.

• Upvote 2

».ben.    7438

I think Rogue was secretly the big winner of this adventure. 

• Upvote 3

»Paxman    4776

I'm having a lot of fun with Resurrect Priest.

I am disliking having to have Wild Pyro in it, but I can't think of any super reliable 2 drop that isn't weak whilst simultaneously clogging the resurrection pool.

I really wish Wild Pyro didn't activate post-res.

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438

I'm not sure why Tracking isn't a staple in Hunter. What am I missing? The odds of milling your 2nd call of the wild have to be pretty low.

• Upvote 1

Carbon    1876

I've been seeing it used in the Secret Hunter decks to some success. But in the aggro version I'd rather the tracking be another more aggressive card.

• Upvote 1

Blacklisted    1329

6b7bde274d.png

Barnes created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board

• Upvote 1

+Gojira    1706

how??? I have no idea how you could get that board on turn 4 even with coin.

Edit: I get the barnes/y'shaarj combo, but i don't get how he got all the other minions. 

OH, I guess he was just lucky enough to hit y'shaarj off of barnes the first time

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438
14 hours ago, Carbon said:

I've been seeing it used in the Secret Hunter decks to some success. But in the aggro version I'd rather the tracking be another more aggressive card.

Fair point. I should have said any Hunter that plays call of the wild.

• Upvote 1

+Mascis    4553

i play call of the wild and tracking in secret hunter

tracker is super important to dig since you don't have cards like mad scientist anymore

call of the wild is just one of the best  things a hunter can do right now, idk why any hunter wouldn't be playing it

also, yogg

• Upvote 1

Carbon    1876

2 Arcane Anomaly
2 Argent Squire
2 Blessing of Might
2 Divine Strength
2 Selfless Hero
2 Worgen Infiltrator
2 Argent Protector
2 Bilefin Tidehunter
2 Twisted Worgen
2 Divine Favor
1 Moroes
2 Rallying Blade
2 Steward of Darkness
1 Blessing of Kings
2 Keeper of Uldaman
1 Truesilver Champion
1 Tirion Fordring

This has been a pretty sweet aggresive deck I've been using. Sometimes I can just lose to a well timed Swipe or Pyromancer but if they don't have them the game is pretty one sided in my favor. Moroes has been way way better than expected. The only things I'm considered with is my 4 drop slots. I kinda of want to play 2 copies of Blessing/Champion but it seems like cutting a low drop isn't the best. 

I also want to test Fijora Lightbane. With Blessing/Divine/Blessing it seems decent but it might not be the most "aggressive" card. Not sure

• Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8030
16 hours ago, Blacklisted said:

6b7bde274d.png

Barnes created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board

I didn't realize that was your reddit post til now lol

• Upvote 1

zubby    234

JV1dX8U.jpg?1

This is my first draft of a beast druid deck, been doing fairly well atm. Any changes/recommendations? My friends have said to cut the Mulch, but Ive found it to be very flexible and help push through taunts/deal with their big tempo threats.

• Upvote 1

Carbon    1876

I mean I get Druid of the Flame is a beast but it's pretty below average. Especially since you aren't playing Fandral. 
Also play Fandral

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Yesterday mounted raptor was unplayable and druid of the flame was the best beast druid 3 drop.  How things have changed in a day )-:

Blacklisted    1329
8 hours ago, Paraliel said:

I didn't realize that was your reddit post til now lol

I guess getting savaged was worth the front page reddit

• Upvote 1