Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

+Paraliel+    8032

Why is shade so strong?

It ramps up to a 3/3 with Stealth and forces your opponent to play differently and since it has Stealth it's hard to deal with. Power ramps up in Arena.

»BoraxTheLean    7119

I see the obvious uses.  I just don't see it being extremely powerful.  

Nothing like the might of STONETUSK BOAR BOY!

In srsness, I'm hoping these stuffs get rolled out within 1.5 months.

• Upvote 4

packdaddy    737

Made a miracle rogue deck for fun since I already had a leeroy/vancleef/one preparation before crafting. that deck is quite a mental exercise

such rng tho... i hate playing miracle cause its so mentally taxing and it can be so unrewarding as well

packdaddy    737

Played 4 games against Muirhead and won one of them. Proud of myself, because the first game was virtually unwinnable as he opened the nut w/ Control Warrior. My Miracle Rogue could have got him in game 4 but I had to use Cold Blood to cycle and didn't hit the conceal until I was one mana short :/ Token Druid is a sweet deck though yall. It's def legit.

packdaddy    737

Nerubian is so OP with Crazed Alchemist or Void Terror lol, warlock zoo just got two new treats

TheMansh    396

Baron with Ancestral Spirit and a charger like Al'Akir has a chance to set up some very cute plays.

packdaddy    737

Baron with Ancestral Spirit and a charger like Al'Akir has a chance to set up some very cute plays.

Baron with Ancestral Spirit and Cairne. I'll take two Cairnes, and two Baines while you're at it ty.

TheMansh    396
[quote name="packdaddy" post="3732622" timestamp="1397294480"][quote name="TheMansh" post="3732584" timestamp="1397284190"]Baron with Ancestral Spirit and a charger like Al'Akir has a chance to set up some very cute plays.[/quote] Baron with Ancestral Spirit and Cairne. I'll take two Cairnes, and two Baines while you're at it ty.[/quote] God, that's dirty.

Azn_Boy    378

I've been getting way too many 12-win arena runs lately. I think there's something wrong with the matchmaking system because I run into a lot of bad players when I'm at 10-11 wins.

DarkBlaze557    2106

I've been getting way too many 12-win arena runs lately. I think there's something wrong with the matchmaking system because I run into a lot of bad players when I'm at 10-11 wins.

I have the exact opposite problem. Every time I hit 7-8 wins, I play people that draft ridiculously. Last time was a druid with 4 Ancients of War. I got my shit stomped.

As far as the new legendary goes, a friend of mine pointed out Soul of the Forest as an interesting combo.

Baylife    1462

twitch.tv/dgzbaylife grinding to legend and trying to learn how to play the game and would love help

• Upvote 1

tsgreen    1594

I've ended 4 of my last 5 runs at 6-3. my last one ended to 4 fireball 2 flamestrike double water elemental mage

Azn_Boy    378

Does anyone have the link to the decklists of the finalists in the university tournament thing?

RusherZ dude used standard Ancient Watcher Druid and Face Hunter against me. Dunno if he deviated for PAX.

• Upvote 1

packdaddy    737

Does anyone have the link to the decklists of the finalists in the university tournament thing?

RusherZ dude used standard Ancient Watcher Druid and Face Hunter against me. Dunno if he deviated for PAX.

they werent allowed. he played hunter handlock and watcher i think. other guy played handlock rogue and somethin else. zrusher was much better overall

CheeseCake    2513
Dancing sword is very good in zoo, that deck needed threat 3 drops other than mukla. This card fits that exactly. The difference between this and blade master is the same reason pagle was so powerful, it's much harder to do 4 damage than it is to do 3. In zoo the amount of cards in your opponents hand is essentially irrelevant you just need to keep enough stats on board that they can never catch up without a combo of lots of removal and really cost effective monsters.

Egg is also very good, I think it fits nicely into watcher.deck I have a cute idea with it and void terror ;) power overwhelming also let's you easily trigger it.

I like undertaker, all the deathrattles are pretty powerful maybe a cool deathrattle deck could be built this card fits into any turn easily. A 2/3 for one is great and if it survives the turn a 3/4 is massive.

I'm slightly dubious about shade, if your forced to break stealth early to make an advantageous trade it's really dead to removal. Silence is also brutal, turn 3s for most decks are already really difficult. i think this card would just sit dead vs aggro a bit. I think harvest golem which often goes for 2/3 cards is just more valuable.

Baron is a really interesting card, it's effect is really powerful but it doesn't do anything by itself and it's stats are mediocre for 4 mana I doubt this card will be huge unless some sort of "deathrattle" deck goes off, of course this card as well as egg can only get better as new cards get released.
  • Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8032

The only reason you should be breaking Stealth on Shade is to trade.

Axle    1217

With this deathrattle theme now we know why they nerfed secrets to only trigger on the opponents turn :(. I don't think redemption abuse was ever a problem without considering these cards. Paladin would have been a good deck to try and get something to work with them but now I'm sad. Redemption could have triggered 4 deathrattles in a perfect world and Sword of Justice could have given the Eggs the attack to ram.