Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

+Paraliel+    8030

Have to agree with Axle here, don't really see the purpose of using Yeti for "masking what you're doing" because any good player is going to be expecting UTH at some point during the game anyway - I've not come across anyone running hunter who wasn't running the combo (because you pretty much auto win with it if you survive till turn 7-8)

I'd rather run so many things over Yeti, especially another Owl for the reasons Axle mentioned. Also would consider another Dire Wolf, or maybe another Multi-Shot before considering Yeti. Don't get me wrong, Yeti is one of the strongest cards in the meta right now but it just doesn't fit into a combo deck when it doesn't really keep you alive till you get your combo, or help you get your combo and it's not even a beast.

This is a good argument which is better than the drivel Axle was originally throwing out. I can definitely test other cards, I just liked Yeti when I was playing it. The only times it was really bad I just held it since the you are just trying to wait until turn 7-8 like you said and then kill them in a flash after removing their stuff turns 1-6 and pinging them with Steady Shot. King Crush is also another card I'd like to play around with just because it's another win condition.

+Paraliel+    8030

Day9 doesn't play Hearthstone, don't use him as a model. Innkeeper was also just eight players that didn't do anything like being top ranked or qualifying or placing consistently in an open swiss. All they did was be famous to get that invitation. That tournament literally means nothing.

As an example: Hafu is just an arena player who hates constructed, Day9 doesn't play and Husky doesn't play either.

Day9 was an example to show that I don't read articles on this subject to say that what I was saying wasn't me copy pasting content from another page. You don't have to educate me on who is a good player or not, trust me I know.

It feels like you are talking down to me and it's getting incredibly annoying. I would highly suggest you quit it.

Axle    1217

That's literally what I said, don't cherry pick. I'm throwing Buzzard because I want to win the game that turn. Owl plays as a taunt removal, a draw and 3-4 damage. I never said anything about just throwing Owl down when you have only Buzzard. The stats of the taunt creature itself doesn't matter, only dealing the 20 or so direct damage does.

It's true before I edited my post but all I did was paraphrase into better words quite awhile before anyone else posted

+Paraliel+    8030

That's literally what I said, don't cherry pick. I'm throwing Buzzard because I want to win the game that turn. Owl plays as a taunt removal, a draw and 3-4 damage. I never said anything about just throwing Owl down when you have only Buzzard. The taunt creature itself doesn't matter, only dealing the 20 or so direct damage does.

Again you are throwing variables into the mixture that don't add up. You are making an assumption that I'm throwing Yeti down on turns when I'm throwing down Buzzard and that I'm throwing Yeti down in response to a taunter. I quite understand what Owl does.

You are essentially making the argument that something is bad because of a scenario that you have cooked up where the card doesn't fit in the first place.

Nish    253

I think the point he's making is that in a situation where you're going for the kill, Yeti is a dead card when you could be maxing out on Owls and have double the chance of drawing it for your combo. When Owl has 2 attack, removes a taunter and gets you a draw I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't max it.

The only thing the deck needs to do is combo off on turn 7 and Yeti is an inefficient way of keeping yourself alive till then because it has to wait 1 turn to trade with their minions - whereas some kind of removal such as Multi Shot or a taunt to force them to trade with your minions instead of hitting you in the face (maybe, not tested much of this) are better for surviving the early game.

Or just max Owl for doubling the chance of having a free taunt removal when comboing off which is also a better option because having an Owl pretty much guarantees your damage will go through outside of them running an obscene amount of taunters (Defender Of Argus springs to mind, but you can silence 1 taunter, trade with the other than go for the face)

Sand    1643

dt5pLTT.png

The deck I've been playing.

I would remove the Scavenging Hyenas, the Bloodfen Raptors, Big Game Hunter, and the Chillwind Yeti at minimum.  I would add in the 1/1 Boars, another Tracking, two Angry Chicken, and at least one Flare.  Perhaps even another Stranglethorn Tiger.  I don't even like Starving Buzzard that much because it requires you to go off but not necessarily with the intent to kill unless you're just hoping to draw some 1-cost creatures in a desperate attempt to game someone.  Otherwise, it's gonna be hard to play Starving Buzzard, Dire Wolf Alpha, and still go off enough to kill someone with your three mana left on Turn 7, for example (with one mana needed for UTH).  But prolly should stay for now incase you're getting near the end of your deck and can go for two big pushes in one game by drawing the second UTH.

Use Tracking to focus on getting as many Unleash the Hounds, Timber Wolves, Dire Wolf Alphas, and Young Dragonhawks as possible.  To me, those are the four main cards to go for.  I rather have two 1/1s than one 3/2 when going off since the Wolves' +1 stack better once you have at least 2 +1 pumps (ex:  one +1 means a 4/2 vs two 2/1's [4 dmg each], two +1's means a 5/2 vs two 3/1's [5 dmg vs 6 dmg]).

I'd also max on the Owl.

+Paraliel+    8030

dt5pLTT.png

The deck I've been playing.

I would remove the Scavenging Hyenas, the Bloodfen Raptors, Big Game Hunter, and the Chillwind Yeti at minimum.  I would add in the 1/1 Boars, another Tracking, two Angry Chicken, and at least one Flare.  Perhaps even another Stranglethorn Tiger.  I don't even like Starving Buzzard that much because it requires you to go off but not necessarily with the intent to kill unless you're just hoping to draw some 1-cost creatures in a desperate attempt to game someone.  Otherwise, it's gonna be hard to play Starving Buzzard, Dire Wolf Alpha, and still go off enough to kill someone with your three mana left on Turn 7, for example (with one mana needed for UTH).  But prolly should stay for now incase you're getting near the end of your deck and can go for two big pushes in one game by drawing the second UTH.

Use Tracking to focus on getting as many Unleash the Hounds, Timber Wolves, Dire Wolf Alphas, and Young Dragonhawks as possible.  To me, those are the four main cards to go for.  I rather have two 1/1s than one 3/2 when going off since the Wolves' +1 stack better once you have at least 2 +1 pumps (ex:  one +1 means a 4/2 vs two 2/1's [4 dmg each], two +1's means a 5/2 vs two 3/1's [5 dmg vs 6 dmg]).

I'd also max on the Owl.

I agree with some of these but actually saying that you wouldn't play Starving Buzzard makes me question your sanity. I already run 2 Tracking as I said before.

Nish    253

I was questioning his sanity at 2x Angry Chicken lol

• Upvote 2

Sand    1643

I was questioning his sanity at 2x Angry Chicken lol

Lol that's fine, when I was first explaining Soul Exchange + Thestalos to people and that it was a +1, some people didn't understand right away, either ;).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

yellowlink    1

Just got the Beta :D. Its such a drill to get the cards right now. I just spend like 3 bucks to get the 2 packs. I refuse to spend anything else. but Do you guys feel that this game will cater to competitive scene?

Do you think it will get a big following?

Nish    253

Just got the Beta :D. Its such a drill to get the cards right now. I just spend like 3 bucks to get the 2 packs. I refuse to spend anything else. but Do you guys feel that this game will cater to competitive scene?

Do you think it will get a big following?

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/207-ogn-to-broadcast-competitive-hearthstone-in-korea

If OGN are picking this up as an esport, presumably it's either already huge or they're expecting this to be huge. So yeah, I think this will cater to a competitive scene!

Sand    1643
I haven't been experiencing the Mind Control issue you apparently are experiencing. My last Arena runs:

9-2
9-1
9-2
7-3
9-2
9-2
1-3 :(
9-2

+Paraliel+    8030

I haven't been experiencing the Mind Control issue you apparently are experiencing. My last Arena runs:

9-2
9-1
9-2
7-3
9-2
9-2
9-2

7-3

7-3

7-3

8-3

7-3

7-3

7-3

My past few runs. The anger at Mind Control is overwhelming though.

Elements    569

9-2
9-1
9-2
7-3
9-2
9-2
9-2

what are u using to run that consistently?

Sand    1643

9-2
9-1
9-2
7-3
9-2
9-2
9-2

what are u using to run that consistently?

I snap-pick Mage the second I see her. I feel like she has the best/most quality removal options, which is very important in Arena. Also, knowing the match-ups and when you can steal/lose momentum has been very helpful.

Strife    613

I will agree for me the biggest issue I have with Arena isn't really Mind Control.... it's when they play the 3rd in 3 turns.... as no matter what you're doing that's just irritating and will lose you games that have been close which tends to happen if your pool isn't totally ridiculous or have suffered from some really daft draws. But then again runner any daft card is just irritating, especially if its something common like Fire Elemental and you're playing mirror where you can't draw your 1, but your opponent managed to draw and play all 3-4 of his.

Mind you doesn't annoy me as much as the RNG in this game at times - more things like seeing Mad Bomber hitting me 3 times when there's like 5 minions on the board or seeing your opponent's Lightning Storm getting nothing but 3's, but yours only getting 2.

»Suicidal    267

i drafted 3 pyroblasts and a shitload of senjin shieldmasters last night , opponents were a bit salty i guess >:)

• Upvote 1

»Suicidal    267

The Coin really needs to not count as a spell/card. It's really stupid.

agree , fucking combo with coin is retarded

»Jeff Jones    13262

I can only get like, 5 wins =/ I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. Paying dollars is not cool. But I'm addicted. FML

• Upvote 1

»Suicidal    267

i've been getting screwed over by my latest arena runs man , these cardpools make me want to gauge my eyes out

»Suicidal    267

I can only get like, 5 wins =/ I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. Paying dollars is not cool. But I'm addicted. FML

are you making the right picks all the time ? it's hard in the beginning man 

+Paraliel+    8030

If you watch people like TotalBiscuit or Trump do Arena Runs on Twitch/Youtube, you'll get better pretty quick at Arena.