Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

yellowlink    1

Do you guys feel like Side Deck should be an option in Hearthstone?

Also Would you like to see a best of 2/3 implemented or no?

Azn_Boy    378

I think it's fine right now tbh.

For tournaments those could be implemented. I don't like how people get to have 3 different decks to use though.

Sand    1643

I just read about how there are MLG/ManaGrind tournaments currently running where you can earn entry to cash tournaments:

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/hearthstone-heroes-of-warcraft/tournament/

I feel like such a fool for not focusing on this game sooner and participating in these tournaments.  And there's even special tournaments going on, too?

http://ihearthu.com/artosis-vlog-1-super-secret-hearthstone-tournament/

I just read about how there are MLG/ManaGrind tournaments currently running where you can earn entry to cash tournaments:

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/hearthstone-heroes-of-warcraft/tournament/

I feel like such a fool for not focusing on this game sooner and participating in these tournaments.  And there's even special tournaments going on, too?

http://ihearthu.com/artosis-vlog-1-super-secret-hearthstone-tournament/

Yeah, more serious players should jump on this, especially the opens they have to get points and expereince. I watched my friend get top 4 in the last one (MLG) and even though there was an obscene amount of mages, the format is pretty interesting in that after game 1, you can side cards in and out for games 2/3 and  that you have the option to change heroes in between rounds. That's quite different from an earlier one he participated in where everyone has 3 decks ready and it works in the same way 3v3 duels work in Yugioh (if you lose you have to change decks until  you run out of options).

Kahlil    806

How long does it take to get your beta key after you sign up?

Azn_Boy    378

It legit took me a few months. They're handing out invites like crazy though since open beta is coming up.

• Upvote 2

My friend made a bunch of accounts and received a key within 2 weeks as of recently.

Kahlil    806

^ Yeah been trying that.

I just can't seem to win the die rolls they do on twitch.

Sand    1643
So, for those interested in serious tournament play with cash prizes, here's a summary (my own findings):

-Must be 13 or older.

-There are weekly free 128-man tournaments where 1st place wins 15 MLG credits (~$11.25). 2nd place wins 10 MLG credits (~$7.50).

-There are weekly 32-man tournaments with a registration fee of 10 MLG credits (~$7.50). 1st place gets $180.00 USD and 10 MLG credits. 2nd place will get 10 MLG credits.

-You can purchase 25 MLG credits for $18.75 before taxes (so 1 MLG credit = ~$0.75).

Nish    253

Decided to play my first arena game in a while, proceeded to go 8-0 and then lose 3 in a row to

Paladin with 3 truesilvers and 5 argent protectors

Mage with 6 blizzards

And hunter because I misplayed :(

Pretty upsetting losses rly but the rewards were still pretty nice

Sand    1643

Evan, How do you sign up for the free 128 man tournaments?

Go here to view the tournaments available for registration:

http://gamebattles.m...aft/tournament/

Create an account for this site.  Pick the appropriate free tournament (NA or EU).  Create a team (basically a team of one), input info.  Go from there.

Kahlil    806

If anyone wants to add me on hearthstone my battlenet is

Elani#1830

beetle    1115

My god, my top decks in this game would make Yugi himself shit his pants.

Sand    1643

Floating ghost minions?  (It just kept moving around and shit...)

XA2bJ7P.jpg
J2RYZQ2.jpg

Also, rewards for 12 wins:

RMCf9Nn.png
O8m6LJk.jpg

• Upvote 1

beetle    1115

Yeah, I constantly get the bug where I literally can't play the card I want from my hand b/c it gets stuck in the background.  My opp had a floating ghost card to once.  2 many bugs.

Sand    1643

EAyIoex.png

CwW21qm.png

I gotta say...even though I feel like I'm doing well in Arena, I also feel like I'm stuck here.  I don't have many Legendary or Epic cards, so it's hard to build a Tier 1 deck that can take me to Legendary status.  And even if I did want to build such a deck, I'd either have to craft generically good Legendary cards that I might not really want the most, or craft champion-specific cards and be stuck with that deck for a long time until I gathered more dust.  So I just keep doing Arena and trying to acquire as many cards and as much dust as possible =/.

Elements    569

I gotta say...even though I feel like I'm doing well in Arena, I also feel like I'm stuck here.  I don't have many Legendary or Epic cards, so it's hard to build a Tier 1 deck that can take me to Legendary status.  And even if I did want to build such a deck, I'd either have to craft generically good Legendary cards that I might not really want the most, or craft champion-specific cards and be stuck with that deck for a long time until I gathered more dust.  So I just keep doing Arena and trying to acquire as many cards and as much dust as possible =/.

im having that problem too. i figure, its prob best to build the most op deck in constructed - something you know will get nerfed. cus atleast then u can get a full refund on nerfed cards via d'e.

if u craft raggy and stuff like thalnos and sylvannas, i think you are good to go cus those 2-3 seem to be in everything atm. 

• Upvote 1

Sand    1643

Same here, I have just been trying to grind Arena for Legendaries and gold.

Yep.  And I have gotten some Legendaries, but I know I shouldn't craft them because it's bad value and, in the future when more cards are released, those seemingly-crap Legendaries may be awesome.

im having that problem too. i figure, its prob best to build the most op deck in constructed - something you know will get nerfed. cus atleast then u can get a full refund on nerfed cards via d'e.

if u craft raggy and stuff like thalnos and sylvannas, i think you are good to go cus those 2-3 seem to be in everything atm. 

That's a valid point that you can refund nerfed cards for its original value, but I can't refund an Archmage Antonidas when Mage's cards get nerfed (like they just did).  And, right now, I have enough dust to craft any three Legendaries I want.  But...then I'll be out of dust, and then what happens if I pull one of the Legendary cards I already crafted?  It'll feel like I wasted time/dust.  So...especially since this season's end is not at the end of the month like a normal season is, I don't feel the rush to become Legendary in constructed play, just a sense that it'll take forever to be "ready".

Also, holy fucking shit am I living the Arena dream right now:

cbB5nTs.jpg

Sand    1643

that's a pretty nice draft u have there..

Ironically, I went 3-3 with that deck.  Despite having four Truesilver Champion, I can't use them if I can't draw them (happened in two of the losses, the other loss was vs Druid w/ multiple 4/6, 5/5, 5/10 and 2/4 silencers :( ).  Maybe I should have just mulliganed any non-Truesilver Champion card in my opening, lol.

Then I get not-as-great decks and have been hitting 11-3 / 12-2, doesn't make sense.

»Suicidal    267

that's a pretty nice draft u have there..

Ironically, I went 3-3 with that deck.  Despite having four Truesilver Champion, I can't use them if I can't draw them (happened in two of the losses, the other loss was vs Druid w/ multiple 4/6, 5/5, 5/10 and 2/4 silencers :( ).  Maybe I should have just mulliganed any non-Truesilver Champion card in my opening, lol.

Then I get not-as-great decks and have been hitting 11-3 / 12-2, doesn't make sense.

same here dude i had mage with 2 flamestrike 5 fireball and antonidas and only went 3-3 

then i get the shittiest of drafts and go 12 easy ... it's crazy