scarsneverh3al

Going to my junior prom or attending YCS New Jersey?

scarsneverh3al    545

Hello DGZ. I am sort of having a tough time deciding which I should do. So I should probably give you information so you can give me a solid opinion. YCS New Jersey is from  May 11th-12th. My junior prom is on May 10th from 7-11pm but I have to stay the entire time making it almost impossible to do both being that it is a 4 hour drive for me. I invested money into Mermail with the intent on using the deck at regionals, YCS, and Nationals if I get an invite. I love playing Yugioh and living in New York makes it difficult for events to come around my area that I can make. On the other hand, my girlfriend who has now graduated has never been taken to a prom, she has just gone dateless. I honestly am not very popular in school and really hate to dance, I was just trying to do this for her. She would attend YCS New Jersey if that is the decision I make. I also have senior prom next year.What do you guys think I should do? Make the trip down to Jersey to go play or go to my junior prom with my girlfriend? Also,if you have been to a normal high school prom, was it worth it?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 67

»...Arson    7812

whats a jr prom?

high school is lame and youd likely have better memories at the ycs. those people will be your friends after highschool is over, while the people you actually go to school with wont.

• Upvote 21
  • Downvote 1

+Digbick    7358
Prom is overrated and is for delusional people who cares about their high school Memory. So, ycs
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

Schism    982

Why is this even being asked. 

That being said I never went to any of my proms when I was in HS so YCS

α    340

It depends how much you like your school, if you like the people in your school, which girl, if any, you go with, etc. Overall if you feel it isn't going to be the best experience then play at a YCS which you will probably find fun regardless lol.

JJ Snatch    119

-Prom doesn't offer you prize support.
-Senior prom is the only 1 that matters (If you even care about prom to begin with).
-It doesn't have to be prom night to do anything with your girl.

YCS

More in depth though, it seems like you answered your own question. If you hate the majority of your school, it isn't worth it, especially for junior prom. Personally, I went to junior prom, and it made senior prom that much more lackluster. So, in my opinion, wait until next year, and make senior prom more memorable. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

scarsneverh3al    545

So. I kinda figured it out. I am going to prom til 11pm. Leaving, getting on the thruway by 11:30, getting down there a little less than 4 hours later, crashing, then playing some yugioh. My girlfriend expressed how dickish it would be to not do prom.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Dank Memeston    1723

itt a bunch of yugioh duelists who had bad high school experiences BECAUSE they played too much yugioh instead of attending social events LEL

lol this is da truth

hs is something u get from understanding it and if yu understand it badly den you will think it was SHIT but if u understand it goodly/meh then you will think it is GOODT

also yeah, i was wondering why you would not do that thing in the other post, sleep is for shitheads :) 4 hour drive is nothing, you could even take a 3 hour nap half way through :|

• Downvote 9

Impact    3901

Prom are you stupid yugioh sucks you are probably just goign to get sacked anyway. 

• Upvote 31

fake    4857

Am I the only motherfucker on DG who had a fucking blast at prom and after-prom?

exactly

hes not even attending an afterparty

save your money and take her out night before or after ycs 

if you dont have her support tho it might be hard to focus at ycs

tell her she doesnt want to go back to high school wtf lame 

prom is fun if you treat it like a party and dont stay sober and crash after parties

not if your mind is on something else and thinking about leaving as soon as its over 

if you do both youll prob be exhausted 

and ycs seems more important to you

• Upvote 2