Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Greg Plitt's MFT28

Aaron    2034

I'm doing MFT28 ATM. 

link to arms day example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEStniYlcUg

I've done chest, back and arms day so far. Really enjoying it. We're doing Mon-Friday, only hitting the gym once but hard (MFT28 is meant to be done twice a day? ... no time for that shit ATM; wish i could tho). 

Anyone doing this or done it? I have to say its really got me excited about the gym again, although I think u need a partner for this workout. My current partner is fucking amazing TBH. we are basically the same strength (he can do 1-2 reps more on some, i can lift more weight at the start of the session, his muscle endurance is better than mine)... so getting equipment and barbells.. hes so fucking efficient in doing so. 

i know its fundamentally all bullshit but i feel like i need to shock my body. maybe a week of this would be good, but fuck it im going the whole month! 

i cringed when i saw him throw gym equipment around, so that's why all these knob heads do it at the gym...

Aaron    2034

ive done this for 1 week and i have to say my body feels immensely worked.

my core is killing, my shoulders feel far more heavy than a normal military press shrugs raises day etc. 

him throwing weights, standing on benches is obv just showing off

captainameowica    3770

video was okay. some of the lifts i actually tried the other day and did absolutely nothing for me. :(

the forearm curl lift though was fucking phenomenal and made my forearms explode. that was amazing

Aaron    2034

i really like his shit TBH. i've re-learnt a lot of the basics which he goes through. the key points i've picked up are:

1. ego  - leave it at home.. dont lift for the sake of numbers, life for the sake of your goals. if your goal is to get stronger, do it but do it on your terms and not because ur trying to show off or ur buddies are pushing that much

2. injury prevention - we don't go to the gym to get injured... so fucking warm up properly, cardio 5-10 mins, stretches, warm up sets. do that shit and make sure ur body is ready to the workout.

3. bang for ur buck/time - when doing an excersise, do it properly. do the concentric and eccentric motion or w/e they're called. i.e. u get alot more value from ur time doing negatives. 

4. complete movements >> total isos - activate and use your core on every excerise u can. i've never done tricep extensions and really used my core but fuck this week i have.

a couple of ways greg does this is very risky (ie standing on a bench and doing rows) something i wouldn't reccomend (altho i did it and it did kill my core). 

for bulking + strength gaining, i think mft28 is probably useless. we will see tho, im cutting on this, my training buddy is bulking so :O 

• Upvote 1

Gary Oak    846

This dude is such a douche -- I hate the way he talks 'man' 'bro' ahh fuck me.

i am almost CERTAIN that's how me and you talk to each other lol :P

Gary Oak    846

i am almost CERTAIN that's how me and you talk to each other lol :P

I talk exactly like him XD hahahah.