Dr. Dark Cloud

Shingeki no Kyojin – Attack on Titan

Aaron    2051

after research, i dont think we will see season 2 for atleast 2 years sadly. 1 chapter/a month. 

they are currently at chapter 49, used 33 chapters for s01. 

so basically 49-33 = 16 chapters of current material. 

either they do a 13 episode season or they wait 17 months or so for new material. 

i wish someone could slip the manga artist some money to release quicker. 

• Upvote 3

Guru    736

I need to stop coming into this thread.  The urge to spoil stuff for people is too great haha

Raylulz    1778

I was really happy with how it progressed so far. It's like I hate all the cliff hangers they leave at the end of the episodes but it's actually another reason why I like it. Leaves me actually questioning what will happen next. This is easily one of the best things I've watched in a while and I'm glad I gave it a chance. I do hope the new season comes soon but I'm fine with waiting for great content. 

Matticus    2253

yeah sorry if it sounded like an outburst, i'd just read someone's "spoilered" post... and although it wasn't even that big of a spoiler.. its just very very annoying.

anyway SnK.. wow i wish this was made into a movie/more mainstream. i tried to explain the plot to a few friends and it just went over their heads. this and fate/zero have really solidified for me the massive gap in storytelling between animes and normal TV shows (and yes, i just watched breaking bad's last episode). 

technically fate/zero has shown me with the right budget, even the animation can go head to head with the big boys. sountracks wise, i've always felt animes have the edge although recently its become that much bigger. 

It's all good. I tried to keep this thread a manga spoiler free as possible but that may be a little hard since there's some obvious cues as to what's gonna happen next in the anime especially if you read the manga.

>>> 

A second season has not been announced

Season 2

animated by Studio Deen

Proof? Isn't Studio Deen working on Pupa and then Sakura Trick afterwards

You don't think I'm serious right? Why would you even consider the possibility that Studio Deen would be allowed to touch this?

Remember umineko brother. Never forget the pain.

Also, idk why but I can't love this show as much as everyone else. I thought it was good and I enjoyed it but some parts where a fucking grind to get through. 

The OST never disappointed though. Vogel for life!

EDIT: Also Aaron, just noticed that I negged you when I didnt mean to. Sorry about that. Fucking phone.

Aaron    2051

haha np. 

the OST is beautiful. Ive been listening to it since i finished the series. 

Actually, and I might get a lot of shit for this, but the characters on SNK besides Eren, Mikasa and Armin (and on a personal note Captain Levi) are so disposable, I totally forget about them the minute they are off-screen. When I saw Annie I was like, this girl looks like the Female Titan and since she's getting an episode she must be the Female Titan, but until Armin talked to her, I had absolutely no recollection of her.

You aren't wrong. The characters in this anime are so two dimensional with the exception of Armin and Jean tbh. But the characters feeling like they're disposable is something entirely different as I think that's the point, any one can end up devoured by a titan.

Oh I can finally post this lol

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KllXOCYv_U[/spoiler]

my life has no meaning

Matticus    2253
I honestly like Erwin more.

Yeah Levi has moves, but fuck if Erwin isn't one of the coolest characters in the series.
  • Upvote 1

Big_Isaac    107

Yeah Levi has moves, but fuck if Erwin isn't one of the coolest characters in the series.

Personally, I have a feeling Erwin is gonna turn out to be evil. I haven't read the Manga, so I don't know for sure one way or the other, though. He just seems way too cold and emotionless about everything.

On the other hand, he doesn't seem to know that much about the human titans. Plus he tried capturing the Annie twice, but either of them could have "betrayed" the titans (or whatever the fuck is going on), too, for all we know.

Personally, I have a feeling Erwin is gonna turn out to be evil. I haven't read the Manga, so I don't know for sure one way or the other, though. He just seems way too cold and emotionless about everything.

On the other hand, he doesn't seem to know that much about the human titans. Plus he tried capturing the Annie twice, but either of them could have "betrayed" the titans (or whatever the fuck is going on), too, for all we know.

I don't think that makes much sense. If anything, I think the king is evil.

The theme of the anime is "Sometimes you have to sacrifice what is valuable to you in order to change the things you want to change." Erwin is literally the embodiment of that philosophy. On a thematic level, it wouldn't make sense for him to turn evil

Matticus    2253

No, Erwin is probably the last person who will turn out to be antagonistic towards mankind. He literally went "When I get this shit done, I'll happily serve any sentence you pass on me". Like arrogance said, he's the kind of guy who is willing to break a few eggs in order to help humanity in the long run. He does some fucking incredible stuff in the manga too. If you survived the shit that he and the survey corps had been through multiple times, you'd be cold and emotionless too, I know I would. 

-Juann    50

OST's being taken down like flies on Youtube is making me sad...

»Tygo    14128

25 eps on netflix. Hearing that theme on something NOT a laptop speaker is pretty awesome.

asfggh    3890
[quote name="...Tygo" post="3669084" timestamp="1389760017"]25 eps on netflix. Hearing that theme on something NOT a laptop speaker is pretty awesome.[/quote] They've probably sorted it now but the last 2 eps were the wrong way round

just marathoned this the past 2 days, pretty good show. i wish they would be more liberal with character deaths though, so far the only characters to die have been minor ones.

• Upvote 1

asfggh    3890
[quote name="River of Tears" post="3677404" timestamp="1390859645"]just marathoned this the past 2 days, pretty good show. i wish they would be more liberal with character deaths though, so far the only characters to die have been minor ones.[/quote] I disagree