1 Gaia Thunder Charger

1 Formula Synchron

1 Armory Arm

1 Black Rose Dragon

1 Stardust Dragon

1 Scrap Dragon

1 Crimson Blader

1 Thought Ruler

With the arrival of EvilSwarms, Prophecy's with JDay, and E-Dragons as well as the underated Harpies it's tough to decide where Frog Monarchs will be. Fire Fist getting more support will be a problem too.

I myself think the hardest matchup will be Prophecies. The speed the will have with JDay will be to much for frog monarch players to deal with game 1 knowing Fate is facedown. Raiza does literally nothing in this matchup and LaDD even with it first turn can be laughed at with Priestess making it waste 4 negates or just them chaining out of with JDay being a quickplay. Going into game 2 vs a deck that sides D-Fissure crushes it and makes us not wanna play this 1 to 3 turn game. Jowgen does even more work as they have there own fossil dyna.

Going into the second hardest matchup will probably be EvilSwarms. Only because they play backrow we have to play through. With Breakthrough Skill sitting back there and Pandemic for our Soul Exchange ECon plays we definitely have to play smart and hope for the best. Ophion doesn't really effect us at all and the only threat it really servers is being a monster that we can't get over if we are fiendish chained or broke through. G2 Macro will hurt alot if they open it and EEV does hurt if we see spells more so than monsters.

Tied with Swarms is Fire Fist. 4 Axis more so than 3 axis because of Veiler on Spirt. Yes we have to open it but it's not as bad as Dino Fist and etc. 3 Axis is fun for monarchs because of Prince. If we can successfully drop a monarch and take the prince we have ourselfs a bounzer or M7. Bear is a problem and Dfissure is as well. Not having a hand trap for Bear means they get a gorilla to kill treeborn with or another bear. Getting the tenki's off the field is important in this matchup and Jinzo does alot of work. as well as Ladd.

For the E Dragon Matchup i just hope we have hand traps in time. A first turn LaDD hurts a lot if we don't have a treeborn or swap frog.

Game 2 End of Anubis and Vanity's Fiend can really do work. Veiler will be amazing in this matchup and LaDD servers more than just negating cards with Trag on field.

Thinking on the Side and Extra for more than just these matchups we have Dino Rabbit. Mermails. Dark Worlds. and Harpies. Hunders and Constellars will probably be seen as well.

It's pretty late and I might be saying alot of stuff thats common knowledge so don't get on me for this.

Side Post Tachyon: 15

2 Vanity's Fiend

2 End of Anubis

2 Droll and Lock Bird's

2 Snowman Eater's or Ryko's

2 Eradicator Epidemic Virus

2 Mind Crush

1 Dust Tornado

1 Malevolent Catastrophe

1 Mystical Space Typhoon

Cards I'm Considering EEV(Caius Gachi, Vanity's Fiend Gachi, End of Anubis). The Wicked Avatar(If I dedicate my build to Lancer this will be the Prohecy answer). Morphing Jar #2(great cause milling treeborn is like hell yea). Consercrated Light(EvilSwarms) and Invader of Darkness(no JDay, Wisdom, Fate, Book of Moon.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

herbie ✌    1340

300px-RykoLightswornHunter-BP01-EN-C-1E.

Been loving this card as a side option for a lot of stuff, like DW, Inzektor, Infernity, Mermail and Frog variants.

Just a great counter-side for all the shit you don't want on the field, plus it mills I guess.

Focus    161

ryko is cool but snowman does the same has bigger ass and can be discarded if needed.

+Mascis    4566

ryko is also a dog and much more loyal than any snowman. 

• Upvote 16

Focus    161

i'll btest the damn dog and see if it's really amazing... the thing is milling under macro or banisher and i mill caius or raiza etc.

• Downvote 3

herbie ✌    1340

i'll btest the damn dog and see if it's really amazing... the thing is milling under macro or banisher and i mill caius or raiza etc.

Destroy Fissure/Banisher/Macro then the mill happens.

All good.

And if the yugioh gods decide to mill 6 of your Monarchs with 2 Ryko resolutions, then I think it's fair to say that you would have to be one unlucky bastard.

dexer008    805

Been testing ryko for herald side, and he is most def's a solid side card this coming format.

IAmTheGreat    3772

This is such shitty logic.
  • Upvote 3

lolnopound    255

Do not forget that LaDD, as a Dark monster, is a target for Eradicator Epidemic Virus, and since it is tributed as a cost it will not negate it.

Focus    161

Yea i'm not siding the DDV's i didn't mean to have thoughs in side. i'll test rykos vs post tach decks and such. eev is amazing.